Notices

Class of April 2020 Part 3

Old 04-30-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Just went to an online smart meeting and spoke for the first time
There were way too many people there tho so it was a bit uncomfortable and rushed. Hoping to catch a quieter meeting another time and be able to talk a bit more
Old 04-30-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
For anyone new here...

at the end of each month, this thread will move to the Daily Support forum so that the new monthly thread - Class of May 2020 - can take your place here in Newcomers forum
Nothing else changes - this thread continues. You can continue to post here, move to the new thread or post in both - whatever you like
I will put in a redirect in place for the new location when this thread moves so people can find the new thread.

Dee
Administrator
SR

And on the topic of April coming to a close, I'd like to thank you Dee for being ever present and supportive throughout this month to everyone regardless of their situation and struggles. It's a huge help and a real bonus here at SR that we have people like you around (and others too that I've seen drop-in on us, or have participated on a daily basis with us newbies).
So again, thank you Dee
Old 04-30-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

More bad news this evening: another one of my mother's carers has to take leave due to the fact that one of her clients has taken sick. My other carer has been off for over a month now so I have one person replacing the two of them now. It's still management but defiantly not ideal, oh well......bedtime here now, night.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Looks like I will at least get thru tonight. After I posted before my day took a turn for the worse. I got so busy and stressed I am now too exhausted to do anything but rest.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I hope you can get someone in to do the carers job, Reid. I hope you're not going to have to try and take care of her yourself. If that is even possible.
I'm glad you got to go to a Smart meeting, Freedom. I can't wait to start doing things like that. I know it would help a lot.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 11 days, Fallow! It helps me to just think of today as far as not drinking. I do have things I do every day to help me stay sober, like logging on here and reading and posting. I also make sure not to get to tired or too hungry. And I read literature about staying sober and about spiritual growth. And, I pray, meditate and spend time outdoors every day. And, listen to youtube talks and stories about recovery. That's not everything, but it's the main things for now. I can't wait to get that webcam and start some online meetings, too.
I guess what I'm saying is that, for me, it has to be intentional. I can't just hope to stay sober. I have to do things to make it happen.
Thanks for letting me share all that, it also helps me to write it out sometimes.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Yes that is all positive stuff there Sober. I need to do all that and then some. I hate feeling like it is hopeless and futile to even try. Gotta keep reminding myself that today sober is still better for me than today drinking.

I wish my problems would just blow away in the wind but looks like that won't be happening...
Old 04-30-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your graduation guys!

D
Old 04-30-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
More bad news this evening: another one of my mother's carers has to take leave due to the fact that one of her clients has taken sick. My other carer has been off for over a month now so I have one person replacing the two of them now. It's still management but defiantly not ideal, oh well......bedtime here now, night.

Sorry to hear this Reid. I hope things sort out soon for your mother (and you!) in all of this.Take care.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post

Carers are very much in demand right now - I hope you can sort something out for you and your mum Reid
D
Old 04-30-2020, 10:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your graduation guys!

D
hopefully this is the last time I graduate an SR thread
Old 04-30-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope so too FF
D
Old 04-30-2020, 11:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Serious AV this morning. "Just have three or four beers, no one will know"

Playing the tape forward. Those four beers will result in going on a bender, spending all my money, maybe getting arrested again. Not gonna do it.

There's a SMART meeting in five hours and I'm going to make sure to attend.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Happy May everyone! I'm sorry you're having a hard time, Freedom and Fallow. The first week is so tough. It's even harder when we're 'social distancing'. I'm thinking of you guys and hoping the rest of your day is much better.
Fallow, some of our problems, but not all of them of course, actually do just blow away in the wind. Staying sober, and all the purposefully positive thinking that comes with it, just does good things to our lives. We feel better, relate to others better and are more resilient. Ask any long term sober person, say a year or two sober, and they will tell you that their lives improved dramatically after being sober for a while. I'm hanging on to that!
I hope everyone has a fantastic first day of May!
Old 05-01-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has a great Friday. This is day 6 for me and I would be lying if I were to say I wasn't excited that tomorrow is one week sober.

Sober369 (Karenn): I really like your insightful, caring responses. Thank you !

Everyone be safe and I will check in tomorrow for my big week one!

Og
Old 05-01-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

It's awesome dear Oglsby!!! s
Old 05-01-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I hope you can get someone in to do the carers job, Reid. I hope you're not going to have to try and take care of her yourself. If that is even possible.
I'm glad you got to go to a Smart meeting, Freedom. I can't wait to start doing things like that. I know it would help a lot.

I have someone to cover, Karen. It is the same lady that is covering for my other carer too! Which is very handy as she knows the set up here well. However, I feel sorry for her as she has loads of other houses to cover now too.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

As someone who did that job for a long time, I imagine your carer feels blessed to be able to help out as much as she can. s xx
Old 05-01-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
As someone who did that job for a long time, I imagine your carer feels blessed to be able to help out as much as she can. s xx

Yep, while it is a very demanding job (as you know) it is highly rewarding too at the same time.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy day 6 Oglsby! Thanks for the kudos, too, that made me feel nice. Good news on the carer, Reid. I hope she can hold out. I wonder why there's a shortage? Are they getting sick?
I am having a really slow and lazy day. Just not feeling very good. I've gotten a lot done this week, so I'm just going with it.
I do need to walk Charley, though. We both need that time in the sun and the exercise, even though I'd rather not. I'm tempted to have a cup of coffee. How is everyone else doing?