Notices

Class of April 2020 Part 3

Old 04-29-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Just got all caught up on the thread. Now it's time for some sleep. For me, Day #32 is drawing to a close. I honestly never thought I could ever get to this point and to have done it actually drawing up battle-plans and deploying it so well (thus far). Have to remain positive and keep battling
Goodnight from Canada, eh!
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning from Ireland. Day 7 here. It's been one week since I got arrested for public intoxication. Looking forward to this day. Going to get out for a run at 6am. It's been too long. Hope to catch a SMART meeting tonight.

Can't say I'm not tempted to drink or smoke/vape but I'm not going to.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the week FF
D
Old 04-29-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Just want to pop in and say hi.

I am still reading and sober.

Hope everyone enjoys their day/night!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation

For anyone new here...

at the end of each month, this thread will move to the Daily Support forum so that the new monthly thread - Class of May 2020 - can take your place here in Newcomers forum
Nothing else changes - this thread continues. You can continue to post here, move to the new thread or post in both - whatever you like
I will put in a redirect in place for the new location when this thread moves so people can find the new thread.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 04-30-2020, 12:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Lord, I desperately want to vape.

I was off nicotine for four days in the psych ward and I know it gets easier after the first couple of days
Just reminding myself why I'm quitting
  • I need to save money for college
  • It's bad for your lungs
  • It hurts my cardio
  • It's bad for your teeth
i just need to get through the first 48 hours and I'll be ok. I shouldn't have started back up when I left hospital. But I had some juice left so couldn't resist
Old 04-30-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never vaped but it seems to me something to be better not doing if you can manage it, FF.
D
Old 04-30-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well done on a week sober, FF.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Well I caved and bought some vape gear.

I'm only seven days sober. I'm going to quit vaping when I get a month. All in good time
Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi Fallow and all of the awesome Aprilites. s xx
Old 04-30-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Well I caved and bought some vape gear.

I'm only seven days sober. I'm going to quit vaping when I get a month. All in good time

When I was in Treatment, it was advised for the smokers there to keep smoking and confuse on their primary drink/drug addiction. Now if you can quit both at the same time, great! But it is hard for sure with even one addiction to tackle.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a week, Freedom! I think waiting until you have thirty days is smart. The way I looked at it is if I started drinking again, I would definitely start smoking again, but if I stayed sober, I would have the strength to quit later. And quitting smoking and drinking both seemed too hard to me.
I hope everyone is doing well. Another sober day ahead, and I'm so grateful for it!
Old 04-30-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Wanted to download the SMART Recovery Kindle but it's not available in my region. ;/
Old 04-30-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wanted to download the SMART Recovery Kindle but it's not available in my region. ;/
And the website doesn't deliver to Ireland. :/
Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

And the website doesn't deliver to Ireland. :/

Have you attended face to face SMART meetings here? There are not too many about. Well, not down this part of the country anyway.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:12 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

If I can ever get a webcam, I am going to do the online AA meetings. I think my spiritual path is a little different from what the AA book describes, but I don't really think that matters. I'll find out. And, it's probably a lot like the AA meetings in person before, that there are different groups that fit different people.
How is everyone doing this morning? I have disinfected my kitchen and am headed to the laundry room and then, the garage. I think I'll wear a mask and gloves, out of an abundance of caution, as they say.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
Have you attended face to face SMART meetings here? There are not too many about. Well, not down this part of the country anyway.
No, never. I'm an hour from Dublin so I might try to get to some there when they start up again. I find the online meetings quite good though. Prefer them to AA

Old 04-30-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

No, never. I'm an hour from Dublin so I might try to get to some there when they start up again. I find the online meetings quite good though. Prefer them to AA

There's one in Tralee these days and I think maybe Cork too? Not 100% sure on the Cork one but would like to check one out. I did Lifering for a while back in the day. Dublin would of course host the most meetings.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:20 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
If I can ever get a webcam, I am going to do the online AA meetings. I think my spiritual path is a little different from what the AA book describes, but I don't really think that matters. I'll find out. And, it's probably a lot like the AA meetings in person before, that there are different groups that fit different people.
How is everyone doing this morning? I have disinfected my kitchen and am headed to the laundry room and then, the garage. I think I'll wear a mask and gloves, out of an abundance of caution, as they say.

Webcams are in huge demand these days. I ordered one for my desktop about 6 weeks ago and it is still on back order! I think I have found an alternative (ie quicker delivery) on Amazon though. I have one on my laptop but I have to take out the laptop every time I want to use (I use my desktop 100% of the time if possible) I'm doing well enough today, long weekend ahead here too
Old 04-30-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Wow this thread is moving quick!

I have not read everything so I will try to keep up.

Today is my 11th day sober. Haven't had many issues but today I'm getting thoughts of having some drinks. Basically I am telling myself theres no way for me to stay sober long term so what does it matter?

I'm not going to drink but I feel like I am believing that Im never gonna clear the hurdle.

I just don't see how people get the velocity to stay sober for years on end. At my worst when I totally made an ass of myself and hated who I was I only managed 10 months.

This time I just quit due to covid-19 stress and not wanting my kids to think drinking was the new routine. But how long can this really last?