Notices

Class of April 2020 Part 3

Old 05-01-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just the walk is enough for today love. s

You have been going non-stop....I know the feeling. We are allowed to have a day off housework and gardening and laundry and all of the rest of it. s

I hope you feel better. s xxx
Old 05-01-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Oh, I reckon you could go completely mad and have a cup of coffee Karen, lol....it is the weekend after all.I'm having one right now....I have an ancient hand grinder so you have to work for it a bit. Throw it in the plunger top with boiling water for 5 minutes. Big mug. Now, the bad bit. I stir in a half spoon of condensed milk. Not real healthy living but the taste is great. Start the day with a good sugar and caffeine bump. At this point, I think sober is sufficient healthy living for the moment. And the coffee is a good morning routine. Don't smoke, walk a lot....and only one cup a day.So that's my excuse.
Ok....so here we are, in the daily support thread room. Hope we can keep it going. The tech issues seemed to knock a lot off this class, a shame. I wonder sometimes how strawberry is going....
Day 18 for me. Heading into the weekend.....the difficult part of the week. But have plenty to do...try and keep busy. Late Saturday afternoon is the witching moment around here. Actually....all of Saturday afternoon has been beer o'clock for too many years.
Ok...will check in from time to time. We can do this, right?
later
Old 05-01-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Oglsby
and YES we can sodasoba
D
Old 05-01-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ditto.
And just my two cents, but while things are still getting fixed, I am having very little problems navigating the site and posting. s

Not meaning to big-note or anything. Not at all. I just do a massive amount of formatting on this site and I have learned some tricks. So feel free to shout out if there is something that is not working for you, and I will show you my go-around. With love. s xxxxxxx
Old 05-01-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

The site seems to be working fine now thanks Venus.....Classes inevitably tail off in terms of numbers and activity. There's one I occasionally revisit that I spent a few months in...there's just 3 of them now....but still going after several years. Inspiring. But it seems to work because they have genuinely bonded in the experience that they've gone through in getting sober. Early days....its much more tenuous I guess.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

For sure love.

Off to bed. Love to everyone.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm off to bed, too. I kept the hair raising to a minimum and skipped the coffee. I drink at least two cups every morning, though.
Charley loves his walks so much. I wish you all could see him, he looks like he's going to six flags he's so happy and excited.
It is sad how people in the class go away. I think of them and hope they come back. It's great to see our new people, here, too.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

.....looking around. Looks like I'm in here on my ownsome.They've all gone and joined the May class?
Old 05-02-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

(((Soda))) xxx

Not sure.....it is a bit quiet around SR today. s
Old 05-02-2020, 05:22 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm still here, Soda!ÂÂ I did go over to May, but will still be here, too.ÂÂ I need lots of SR.ÂÂ I hope you're doing well!Venus, how does your garden grow?ÂÂ I really didn't do that much today, but what I did was good.I got my feelings hurt today, I won't go into the whole business, but it was from a team member at work, where I am on leave from.ÂÂ It's so easy for me to get really sad and feel awful and not be able to think of anything else when things like this happen.ÂÂ I'm working on staying in today, remembering that not everyone is going to like me and that's ok.ÂÂ ÂÂ Going to watch some tv and go to bed sober once again.ÂÂ ÂÂ Hugs and lots of love to all of you!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Almost.....with silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row.....almost.

One more day's work.

Enjoy your tv and love and goodnight dearest Karen s xx
Old 05-03-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Sorry for my absence yesterday.

Today is my big day #8 and I'm very proud. I am already sleeping a lot better and luckily I eat very healthily anyway. I am enjoying the rest and extra time. I was not a severe drinker, but enough of one to where it interfered with my life a bit in terms of mild, but fairly regular hangovers. I do not miss them.

For me it was just a need to finally say enough is enough, I don't like this stuff anymore. I enjoyed all of it when I was younger and in college but now that I'm older frankly it's just a habit that needs to go. I have gone long periods without it, but the past couple of years I've noticed a bit more, and for reasons I've yet to figure out. I am going to a counselor on Wednesday and just kind of want to explore where I am in life and where I want to go. I'm a happy introvert and I feel like I know the puzzle pieces of my life, I just don't quite know how they all go together, if that makes sense. Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It makes sense to me dear Oglsby. s xx

And congrats on 8 days!!
Old 05-03-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8 Oglsby! You're smart to seek counseling. I hope it goes well, is it someone you know?Nothing much to add. Feeling a bit lonely today, but I think I'm in good company (pun intended). Enjoy the beautiful day everyone.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh Karen.....I did so much gardening. But not so much with the outside sweeping and such. I cheated. I used the hose on high power. I confess.....I HATE sweeping outside.
s
Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning all.
Just checking in at the start of a new week in this part of the world.Day 20 here.....so just trying to settle into the new normal. so far so good.Have a good day ppl. Let's do another week......later
Old 05-03-2020, 04:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning dear Soba.
Hoping Day 20 is a wonderful day for you. Happy Monday. s xx
Old 05-03-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I am still here and still sober. Two weeks today. I was feeling very confident this morning., but now I'm just tired and stressed. This covid thing seemd to be neverending. Replying this way sucks I can't look back on prior posts. But I hope everyone had a good day and thank you all for your replies even though I can't see the thank yous...
Old 05-03-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fallow - if you're in desktop mode and using full reply or 'reply to', previous posts in the thread are there if you scroll down, but in reverse order.
D
Old 05-03-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

quick reply should be working for most of us now too.
D