Bright and sunny this morning.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Old 05-25-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, thanks for the poem and the sharing of memories.

I never lost any relatives (that I know of) in combat, but many of my family members saw military action over the years. Today is about those that gave their lives and I will take some time to reflect on their sacrifice.

Some bad news/good news about my Mom. The bad news: there has been one resident in her section that has died from the virus. The good news: she tested negative the other day. Also, my brother was able to have a brief visit with her thru her window, but still no visitors allowed inside the facility. Hopefully, I'll get to visit her at some point.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!

Old 05-25-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Thinking of and grateful for all of our fallen heroes who fought so that we could be free.

Itchy, I started scanning my photos and it was way too tedious so I took them to Staples and they scanned them all for what I thought was a reasonable price (especially reasonable after I tried scanning them myself!)

have a good day, Overs
Old 05-25-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

All good in Tootsville, have shifted 3kg since lockdown! Have never been in such a good fitness routine!

have a good one everyone.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

it’s coffee-o’clock here on the coast and impossible-to-catch-cat-to-the-vet day Oh well .... if I survive the ordeal I will be back tomorrow...

Have a good day to all.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
The scar, the blood, and attempted murder.
It was a dark and stormy night, but not in this story day. I lost my only full brother October 2010 one month after I quit drinking. This took place when I was 12 and he was 10. We lived in an apartment in a very old Connecticut Salt box house. It had big three foot by three foot windows that were wavy looking with tiny bubbles in them from when they were . It was 1964 and we would fight a lot and instantly forgive and forget. We had a covered back porch and stairs and we had a fight there one day. My brother ran into the house and this time ran inside and locked me out. I was furious because we were home alone, so no one could come let me in. He stood behind the big window doing a nanny nanny boo boo sticking his tongue out at me from a foot away only the glass between us. I lost it and punched him right through the window and instantly realized my mistake and yanked my fist back through the broken wind which was when the broken part closed on my right fist like a steel trap. It was where my thumb joins my palm. There was so much blood I thought I'd amputated it and screamed at him to let me in before I bled to death. I was a boy scout so already had pressure on it but needed a something I could wrap it with. My brother had locked himself in the bathroom expecting me to attack him seriously, not brotherly roughhousing, and would not come out. He was terrified from the blood and thought I would get him. So I had to hold it against the wall keeping pressure on it so I could hold the wall dial phone in my shoulder and dial with my free hand. It required more than 20 stitches, and the scar is about three inches long. I wasn't going to be punching anyone anytime soon, and mom grounded him and swatted his butt. He avoided me for the whole time I was in stitches. No nerves, muscles or ligaments were severed. We forgot all about it as we were happy kiddos. As one of our radio personalities used to use as his catch phrase, "Now you know the rest of the story.

Dee,
I've lost a few posts too. those pics were my first time trying the pop up camera on my new Dell 27" All In One. they came out pretty well.

Mags,
Good sentiments! Me too!

FBL,
Thanks. I'm so glad your mom could be tested and found negative.

Sassy,
Tedious is right! I've found a program that allows me to put as many photos as will fit on the scanning glass, then it automatically breaks them into individual photos. I just need to get a round tuit.

Working on selling the old gas mower now that I've proven my 60 volt battery driven push mower to be as powerful as gas, perhaps more so. It ran strong on front and back yards on one battery charge and I have two batteries, one came with the same brand snow blower. Now to see if folks will agree to wear a mask or not. No one is allowed on our property without a mask. Good night all,
Old 05-26-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Yikes Itchy! That's crazy (I've heard that radio personality....my mom listened to it a long time ago....don't know the guy's name, but I remember him saying that)

Coffee o'clock here too Sask....Good luck with the cat
Old 05-26-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Toots, I think I know where some of your 3kg went!

Itchy, Ouch! that would’ve stung a bit! One of my favourite ‘itchy’ stories was about Jimmy Durant who said ‘Goodnight Mrs Calabesh, wherever you are’ and then Dee said ‘Hachacha’.

FBL, pleased you’re mum was tested negative, sorry a person in her home passed.

Have a good Tuesday my friends. xxxx
Old 05-26-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Magsie

Purps, It’s always coffee time, .
Old 05-26-2020, 03:11 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Purps,
His name was Paul Harvey. Like our own Paul who tells "The Rest Of Sobriety online!

Mags,
You've got a heck of a memory!

4:05 am, better hit the rack.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

That’s scary Itchy - I get up before you go to bed!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I remember listening to Paul Harvey as a kid. That is a crazy story Itchy! You likely came an inch away from bleeding to death.

Time to finish my coffee and be productive!
Old 05-26-2020, 09:52 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

OMG Itchy.....how terrifying to cut yourself that badly.
And did you get grounded? I can't imagine your parents were happy with either of you that day. s ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Purps,
I listened to these broadcasts Nov 22-26 1963. I was at boarding school, 11 years old, in Buffalo NY with my Family and friends in Stamford CT far away. Excerpts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng11P1J4iYM

Sassy,
Not scary at all! I don't have insomnia either. I can go to sleep in under a minute at any time after 5pm. And worries or regrets don't keep me up. We take turns choosing what to watch after our late dinners at 8-9pm. Then since my S hates horror and war movies,when she goes to bed ~ 1-2am, I watch a war or Stephen King type movie or series. When someone is coming to do a job for me early I can change gears and rack out at 11-12am. Remember we are like you, loving life and each other. We also have two home theater setups, one in the LR the other in the family room. And we have Bluetooth headsets for each. I like them at volume. I get my eight hours so in a 4am night I'm out until noon. We both racked at midnite a few days ago after being out in the sun doing spring cleanup. We're good!

Mags,
Good memory about the Durante video and our wordplay.

Star,
Paul Harvey had a national show from the 50s-80s I think. Like Jack Benney, or Red Skelton, most folks see some of their shows and become fans themselves sometimes long after they've gone on.

Honestly I knew what to do and did it to staunch the bleeding. As an adult few ever commented on it.

Suze,
Parent not parents. My mom was a single mom on and off through five marriages! We were rarely punished or grounded. Not spoiled but loved and encouraged. I was never hit or physically abused save by one Stepdad, once, and just a slap. Much to that story suffice it to say he got his a few years later.

OK early today 7:15 pm and it's Kielbasa, real German saurkraut, on toasted crusty Bolilo rolls with German mustard!

Old 05-26-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Coffee brewed.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Lovely sunny day, going to be like it all week.

Itchy, I haven’t got a good memory nowadays but something triggered with those words so my brain logged it. I think anyway. Who knows what going on in my head.

Sassy I saw you’re an early riser, me too. I love hearing the early birdsong. It’s beautiful. How’s Sassykitty doing? She’ll be loving lockdown and having you around constantly. I know my cats are! They seem to think I’m at home all the time just to serve them! Then again, they always think that.

Were having fish and chips delivered today again. It’s turning out to be ‘fish and chip Wednesday’ for the last couple of weeks, we usually have them every month or so but it’s a nice treat on lockdown. (That’s my excuse, ).

Have a good Wednesday, my friends. xxxx

Old 05-27-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congratulations to anyone joining the overs or have joined over the last year of I haven't met you .. hope you guys are doing x
Old 05-27-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie! I see from the age above your avatar that you have aged quite a bit Good to see you.

Ah yes, Paul Harvey - listened to him a lot when I was growing up.

Itchy, you are fortunate to be able to sleep whenever you want to. Sleep is one of my biggest challenges so I am in awe when someone can sleep like you do.

Mags, Sassykitty has pancreatitis :-(. Her symptoms are still quite mild but it’s not a good outcome. I will need to figure out how to manage this, especially with our extended lockdown. I am sad that this is such a short time that I have had her.

Have a good day to all.