View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Suze,
The scar, the blood, and attempted murder.
It was a dark and stormy night, but not in this story day. I lost my only full brother October 2010 one month after I quit drinking. This took place when I was 12 and he was 10. We lived in an apartment in a very old Connecticut Salt box house. It had big three foot by three foot windows that were wavy looking with tiny bubbles in them from when they were . It was 1964 and we would fight a lot and instantly forgive and forget. We had a covered back porch and stairs and we had a fight there one day. My brother ran into the house and this time ran inside and locked me out. I was furious because we were home alone, so no one could come let me in. He stood behind the big window doing a nanny nanny boo boo sticking his tongue out at me from a foot away only the glass between us. I lost it and punched him right through the window and instantly realized my mistake and yanked my fist back through the broken wind which was when the broken part closed on my right fist like a steel trap. It was where my thumb joins my palm. There was so much blood I thought I'd amputated it and screamed at him to let me in before I bled to death. I was a boy scout so already had pressure on it but needed a something I could wrap it with. My brother had locked himself in the bathroom expecting me to attack him seriously, not brotherly roughhousing, and would not come out. He was terrified from the blood and thought I would get him. So I had to hold it against the wall keeping pressure on it so I could hold the wall dial phone in my shoulder and dial with my free hand. It required more than 20 stitches, and the scar is about three inches long. I wasn't going to be punching anyone anytime soon, and mom grounded him and swatted his butt. He avoided me for the whole time I was in stitches. No nerves, muscles or ligaments were severed. We forgot all about it as we were happy kiddos. As one of our radio personalities used to use as his catch phrase, "Now you know the rest of the story.

Dee,
I've lost a few posts too. those pics were my first time trying the pop up camera on my new Dell 27" All In One. they came out pretty well.

Mags,
Good sentiments! Me too!

FBL,
Thanks. I'm so glad your mom could be tested and found negative.

Sassy,
Tedious is right! I've found a program that allows me to put as many photos as will fit on the scanning glass, then it automatically breaks them into individual photos. I just need to get a round tuit.

Working on selling the old gas mower now that I've proven my 60 volt battery driven push mower to be as powerful as gas, perhaps more so. It ran strong on front and back yards on one battery charge and I have two batteries, one came with the same brand snow blower. Now to see if folks will agree to wear a mask or not. No one is allowed on our property without a mask. Good night all,