Notices

One Year & Over Part 74

Old 05-29-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, hope you get to enjoy some more time with the Kitty.

Just want to say how grateful I am for all of you overs. You've all been a huge part of my recovery!

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Old 05-29-2020, 07:12 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Back at you dear FBL. s

Old 05-29-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs! I hope all are well and having a great SR day!

Michael,
Is your Sobriety date 7/10/2010 July or September? Mine is September for 10 years, FBL remains a year and a few months ahead of me. RZ far ahead of him! My wishes for both of you, and the rest of the sober before me who helped me along the way, is that I never get ahead of any of you.

FBL,
Yeppers, Paul Harvey, although later I realized his personal views were not what I chose he reminds me of things like Happy Days, the peace movement, and the beaches in Southern Connecticut on Long Island Sound which in the 60s were clean. My stumbling through first loves and being a chef very young. Sometimes it’s music, sometimes it’s Harvey saying his signature sign off “Gooday!” not G’day.

Your friends and their JFK research allowed you some fantastic insights into events we all still have to offer opinions about. Yours however, are informed. I’m glad he was able to make good use of his research; I don’t think he sold out either.

1966! OMG! You and The Monkees came out in the same year!

Star,
Me too! Boy do I agree about commercial radio these days. And DJs cannot deviate from the corporation play lists, even Oldies stations except privately owned and Pirate stations. In the New York City area our big DJs were #1 Cousin Brucie (Morrow) who was my first personality on my tiny Japanese transistor radio at age 8 or 9. Later It was Allison Steele ”The Nightbird” who gave me many dreams I won’t discuss here. I got FM with my first major tech purchase, a KLH Model 24 High end system with Phono and built in FM-only receiver that played through one of the finest speaker systems of the time. That was the year before you were born when I was 13 I was 14 in ’66! Cousin Brucie is still on the air on my Sirius radio 60s at six I believe. I just dropped it because I have a 128GB micro SD card full of my oldies from my ripped DJ CDs in my Smart Phone, and Bluetooth it over to my car Audio system directly. It does calls and Nav too! So I can listen to the one hit wonders, and cuts from “The Last Poets” and “The Velvet Underground and Nico (Lou Reed wrote most of their songs and they were produced by Andy Warhol.) The song “Heroin“ shocked me and made an impression that kept me from ever even thinking about downer drugs. I did not realize until I was chemically dependent on Ethanol that it was also as dangerous.

Mags,
Remember some years back when I tried to explain that when fully retired Saturday and Sunday join M-F as just weekdays!

Sassy!
I just wrote about the Cousin! Remember the advertising on his show that had all the reverb turned up when they started with “SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! At National Speedway!” And “Chicken Man He’s everywhere He’s everywhere Dum da da Dum!” Ah, memory lane! One of my favorite places after today.

Sassy, whatever you decide with Sassy Kitty is the right thing. If the roles were reversed, what would Sassy kitty want for you? (I anthropomorphize without shame.

FBL,
As I feel about all the overs too. I needed the non-judgmental outlet among friends who would always take my posts for the best, not reading in any personal issues for the most part. I’ve found that and friendship here too. Y’all even talked me into FaceCrook! I can get my political and personal beliefs out there with a very select group there. I am not an open Facebook page, only friends can see most and I need to re-secure it. My friends with different beliefs know I am reactive in politics and religion. Not defensive or offensive. Like here.

I had this hung in my office for years since the early 90s. That's why it's so yellowed and faded:

I’m sending my new Dell computer back and will no longer buy direct from the manufacturer. Very expensive item and has unsolvable hardware problems with audio and USB. Been on the phone and they want me to send it back in under warranty for repairs. Glad I have my old systems to tide me over. And happy that I kept the box and packing until the warranty runs out next December. I think I’ll try any other brand next time.

Have a great weekend those who still observe the distinction from weekdays. Ever wonder about that phrase? Aren’t all days of the week weekdays?

Old 05-29-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Itchy, what I want for myself is a pain-Free peaceful ending. I’m not stressing over how long I last but am a wuss when it comes to pain. In my experience most vets these days want to go to formerly unbelievable lengths to keep our furry friends alive. I want for my furbabies what I want for myself. I remember spending many happy hours listening to Cousin Brucie and also Paul Harvey - especially his delivery style.

FBL, I agree that my SR friends have been and still are a huge part of my recovery. Even though I rarely ever need to deal with the AV anymore, a small corner of my brain still is alert to the risks though it is second nature now. Sobriety is an incredible gift, especially in these later years.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

FBL, I too am grateful to you and all the wonderful Overs.

Sassy, I don’t like to see my cats distressed or in pain either.

Itchy, I do recall you saying many wise words about retiring. And it’s so true, Saturday & Sunday’s become weekdays. As I say wryly, I don’t get a day off now I’m retired!

I had a delivery yesterday of ‘one way privacy mirrored window film’. Living in a bungalow, all on one level, our bedroom is ground floor, of course. I’ve always had nets at the window, even though it’s just our garden it looks into, but wanted rid. So Mr. Mags is going to put this on the window. I’m hoping it will be a success.

Have a good Sunday my friends xxxx
Old 05-30-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Let me know how that goes Mags, I was looking at buying some one time for some of our windows.

all good in Tootsville, it's our daughters birthday today so we're having a bbq for her, almost normal!
Old 05-30-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Checking in...work today and off tomorrow...I think it's Saturday....

Old 05-30-2020, 02:52 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Yes, Purps! I agree with that

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 05-30-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to your daughter darling toots! s xx

Hmmm Sass, I am saddened that vets here do that. Not the case where I am from...thinking of Venus right now.
Thinking of you and Sassy cat and sending love and prayers. s xx

Old 05-30-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good evening Overs!

Sassy,

That was one draw for moving to Colorado. Legal Assisted suicide for confirmed medically as terminal diagnosed people. With our pups we brought them in and had them mildly sedated and then knocked out and the final syringe. The only one in pain was me for the furkids I went to hold at the end.

Sassy, when it is time I tell the vet what we want. Any vet that tried a guilt trip on us to get more visits loses me as a customer. We live and play with our furkids and we know when it’s time.

Yeah sobriety is a gift we give ourselves that keeps on giving.

Mags!

I love that and will steal it! I don’t get a day off now either!

Nets? Is that Brit for curtains?

Hey Andy, Purps, Toots, Suze.

Everyone have a great rest of the week and beginning of next.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:09 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Toots, the window film is amazing. It’s pretty easy to fix and the more you do the better you get at it, if you know what I mean. Anyone looking from the outside just has a mirror. It doesn’t darken the room, we bought the silver. It hasn’t made the bedroom darker either. Very pleased with the effect.

Itchy, net curtains are voile curtains or similar, they usually go against your windows for privacy. Please do use that saying, I’ve ‘borrowed’ many of yours.

I’ve just seem on the news that ‘shielded’ people (I’m one of them) will be able to go out as from tomorrow to spend time outdoors, socially distancing. I’ll be taking notice from the doctors and then Mags’s book of sensibility.

Have a super Sunday, my friends xxxx
Old 05-30-2020, 11:35 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-75-a.html (One Year & Over Part 75)

D