Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 5

Old 05-25-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Amen ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Morning.

Lots to do today. No urges since my lapse. Eating & sleeping well. I am enlisting Mrs input in choosing a pup and it seems to be working well. Can't wait to get a pup. I've even been thinking of names. One I kind of like is Ruth - as in ruthless - aka rutheless love bandit. I'll keep thinking.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Ruth the dog. Love it. s

I am very keen on the terriers you mentioned to me, also this little guy/girl.....

I LOVE Westies!!!!
Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

What a perfect doll. So very cute - no, very adorable. I need a puppy. I'm tired of looking at pictures. I need a warm, soft, furry cuddle.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I was a housecleaner for a year when I got sober in 2013, and one very very wealthy client (divine house) had 2 of them.
I totally fell in love with them.

But I understand if they are a bit heavier dog than you are looking for.

And that smilie is sensational.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Yep. I could probably deal with the weight (especially if I got the runt) but the prey instinct is something I have to be very concious of. Squirrels and chipmunks abound. There are also a multitude of night time visitors which include many skunks. Taking a pup out for that last toilet call could be a disaster.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

For sure

Hope yo have fun today dear Charon! ❤️
Old 05-31-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

After snorkeling for about an hour a few days ago, I was so exhausted (2 days) that I concluded that I am not up to taking on a dog. I might be able to properly care for one now if I was careful to avaid things that wear on me too much. But every year it would get harder and would not be fair to a dog. So, extremely disappointed, I lapsed. I'm on the mend now and won't be making any more bad choices. Mrs understands and is not bashing me about it. I did appologize and she accepted. I'm taking today to recover and will be back working around the property tomorrow. Maybe I could rent a dog once in a while.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back Charon.

I don't know if they do it in the States but you can foster a guide dog puppy here in Australia.e.g.
https://www.guidedogs.com.au/get-inv...-puppy-raiser/

Still a lot of work but a finite 12 month timefame.

D
Old 05-31-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I was worried about you dear Charon....glad to see you today.
I still love the guinea pig idea. s xx ❤️
Old 06-01-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Dee - guide dog is just way too big. Still thinking about a guniea pig. I inherited one from my daughter (E) when she went to Nome Alaska to teach for a year. She never was able to take it back and I really bonded with the little bugger. Broke my heart when she had a stroke and I had to put her down. She did make it past 10 years though.

Still feeling off but I have a lot of mowing to do and trimming after that. Don't know if I'll get it all done today. Virtual face to face tonight.I never expected to feel this old.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

(((Charon))) ❤️
Old 06-01-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can share from personal experience that guinea pigs are great and not too labour intensive
D
Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Yep. I'm going to confer with Mrs and see if she has any serious objections. When I had my daughter's (E) guniea pig I was using wood chips over newspaper for the cage, which was two stories and entirely too elaborate - I got carried away building it. The wood chips were everywhere. After doing some research, I found a way to use layers of towel under fleece, changing it frequently and washing them thouroughly. Mess avoided. I miight go get one as early as tomorrow - if I can find a store that actually has a baby female available. Females are easier to care for.

I put my new small tank together yesterday and found the configuration just doesn't work very well. I have a different way of setting it up that will work fine. After triming the property I'll take apart what I did yesterday and re-configure it. It will be fun to try it out.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hope you find your guinea pig son dear Charon. ❤️
Old 06-03-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Morning.

Allergies are so bad that my ears ache - but I do not have a hangover, so it's all good.

Some of the Thompson's Squash hot peppers have buds and they're still in 4" pots. I'll move them up into the huge patio pots as soon as the overnight temperatures stabelize above 60°F so I don't have to move them inside overnight.

I might get started on lowering the barred owl nesting box today. Split the project up and do just a little bit at a time. Maybe I'll just get it rigged to drop today.

Keep safe and enjoy the warmer weather.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hope your allergies don't mess up your day Charon. s xx
Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I should have a pretty good day today. 2 pm meeting with my therapist and a 6 pm virtual SMART meeting. I'm going round and round about getting a GP. If I feel OK after my therapist appointment I might stop at a pet store that has a number of young females to take a peek.

I feel fine inside my bedroom when I wake up. AC and air filter run all night. Then I step outside and inside 10 minutes I feel like crap. Morning meds help for part of the day but the allergy med is a once a day dose. Working outside overwhelmes the med and even if I stay inside it wears off way too sone. Because of all the heart & other meds I have to take I'm very limited in the allergy meds I can use. Oh well. I should probably move to an island in the Caribbean. My allergies never bother me there. LOL
Old 06-04-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

All I know is that the humidity here would knock anyone out. It is crazy Charon.
We have to have the air con for months of the year full-time or we can't breathe.....so maybe less o/s work right now.....I know I sure can't last out there for long in 80/90% humidity.

Lucky the squirrels are cute is all I'll say. s xx ❤️
Old 06-05-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Wow, Venus. That's more like deep south or Florida humidity. I do not do well in high heat & high humidity - especially during high pollen season.

I decided that I overreacted to a long, first time in cold (50's) water during high pollen season. I also decided that even if I have to give up all strenuous activity in order to be able to care for a pup it's more than worth it. So I'm going to begin a search for a breeder that can get a Biewer Terrier to me or that I can fly there and bring home. The breed has a size, temperment, and activity level that is perfect.