Notices

Class of December 2019 part 5

Old 01-31-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hey there Pouncer!

It was so hot yesterday, could not get it together to post. Flat on my back on the lounge.

Suffice to say, cricket (to me) is poetry in motion ❤️ and that underarm bowl was the biggest shame job in cricketing history Venus, and against our good neighbour New Zealand too. Even deeper shame. I doubt we''ll ever live that one down.

To be honest I don't like football much at all. Maybe the soccer. But I'm still backing the Chiefs come Monday.

Need to say I don't know if I'm Aboriginal or not. My mother's history, and the history of my aunties and uncles, all State wards too, persuades me this way. I identify profoundly. In my bones. All documents that I have found lack vial information. Missing. Intend to search further. If I am, I am deadset proud, but don't want to claim to be someone I'm not.

I think I'm going to get timed out.

So glad you decided to stay with us Jewel.

And like you bob am researching lots of stuff now that I am sober. It's all so very interesting.

Sober still, and smokefree too. However did I do it? Couldn't have done it without you, and I haven't clapped eyes on a single one of you. How good's that? We've got the spirit.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good Morning
Jewel - Sounds like a great day. So glad you are sticking around.
Bob - I was born here & have always lived here. I've never watched a game of cricket but did participate in backyard cricket as a kid.
Pouncer - I hope your migraines ease up soon.
Steely - We are all in this together

Had strong urges yesterday but got through it. This sobriety thing aint always easy but it sure is worth it.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your migraine passes soon Pouncer

D
Old 01-31-2020, 07:38 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I had strong urges too, Zura. Like you, I batted on.

Love to Pouncer. ❤️

It is so bloody hot here.

I don't know what to say, except I know we are doing the right thing. Each time I have the urge I think of how I will feel the following day. And no matter how I might con myself into believing I'll get over it, I know I would be completely devestated.

Hi to Red, and to Vinny. Crickey, I don't even like football, yet I'm building up for the big game already. Hope I can work out the rules. Or, as is said in Cricket, the laws of the game.

I bet you do a bit of secret curling Dee.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Administrator

nope - unless Robot Wars counts? lol

Hope the heat breaks for you soon Steely

D
Old 01-31-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I hate it when I misspell a word. Get a bit OCD on it.

DevAstating.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 32 here. Hope it's not too irritating that I continue to count days. I am a goal oriented person and like the feeling of accomplishment.

Steely-It would be too long and boring to talk about the rules of American football, but I will say that even though it just looks like brute strength against brute strength, it really is a game of strategy. The coaches spend endless hours trying to figure out how they can move the ball against the opposing defense and how their defense can stop the opposing offense from scoring. Most ball games are essentially the same, just a different way of going about it.

And on that subject, I am still working on the best way to watch Cricket or Australian Rules Football from the US. Venus, do you use ROKU, and if you do, what channels should I install? Or are there good websites for this. I can use VPN to get an Australian IP address if that's what it takes. Sorry, I'm an IT guy

Zura-Sorry you're having urges. I have really had none yet.

Pouncer-Hoping you're doing better today.

How are you Jewel? Red? Vinny?

Another phrase I haven't heard Steely. "Haven't clapped eyes on anyone". I was in one class where everyone used a pic of themselves for one day and then took them back down. I don't think Dee likes it when people reveal too much here though.

Off to start planning Super Bowl food!
Old 02-01-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Counting days is perfectly fine dear Bob.
I love haring it.

And I can explain American Football pretty easily to any Aussie who knows AFL and rugby. Steely will get it quickly for sure. s ❤️
Old 02-01-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good Saturday Morning! It’s the first one in 5 weeks where I feel good. Entering day 6 and feeling thankful.

Had a dinner party last night and a guest brought 2 bottles of wine. I opened them up and my husband took over pouring for a few guests. He also asked the guest to take remaining bottle home, since “we won’t drink it.” My husband was there for me all the way, but I really wasn’t tempted in the slightest. Feeling too proud.

My family Is into watching college football more than the NFL, but my son wants to have a little Super Bowl party, so I’ll be making a few treats for that.

Off to go for a run and get on with the day.

Bob, don’t mind you counting days at all. As a goal oriented person, I’ll be counting for a while too.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good for you last night Jewel. We prefer college sports as well, but, well it's the Super Bowl
Old 02-01-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Steely - Im so glad you battled through too, it would be devastating for sure. This one was scary not like the usual devil on the shoulder whisper i got before giving up....you know the "come on let your hair down & have a few, have some fun"....it was more like a battle of epic proportions between good & evil fighting inside me. Sounds crazy & very dramatic but it was hardcore. I see why some alcohols are called spirits!! Its DEVIL JUICE!!
Dee - Haha Robot Wars...sounds like my kinda "sports"
Bob - So glad you haven't had any urges. We need to cut a break sometime!
Jewel - Awesome work at the dinner party & what a job well done by hubby, backing you up like a BOSS!!
Venus - Hope your doing ok with the dental stuff, thinking of you

Like Steely im a melted puddle of exhaustion in this heat. Wishing everyone an awesome weekend xxoo
Old 02-01-2020, 03:22 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post

Another phrase I haven't heard Steely. "Haven't clapped eyes on anyone". I was in one class where everyone used a pic of themselves for one day and then took them back down. I don't think Dee likes it when people reveal too much here though.
Its got nothing to do with my personal likes or dislikes Bob

You guys can put up as many photos of yourselves as you like - with the understanding that posts on this site are searchable through Google and other search engines, and that once pics are in posts we generally won't remove them.

If I was going to put a pic up I'd do it where I can control who sees it and how long it stays up - in an album on my profile

D
Old 02-01-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Alive and well! Haven’t been able to read/post a lot in the past few days. Thanks for still checking in on me. Happy to report that I’m doing a lot better mentally the past week. Last weekend I had a three day “mood swing” that I finally got out of. Can’t explain it. Just felt off.

Day 46 for me. I’m so proud of everyone in this thread. Sounds like everyone is in similar situations with good and bad days. I’ll take the highs and lows any day over being an emotionless zombie.

I promise I’ll post more! Good night all! (or good morning? Still not sure of time zones here)
Old 02-01-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone.

Thanks for explaining the game to me me bob. ��

I did have some understanding that it was a game of strategy, but have only seen it in movies where the players go into a huddle, yell out a who lot of numbers, and then say, "hike!" Is that right?

Anyrate, I'm really looking forward to the game, which is tomorrow 3rd, here. I think it's aired at 10:30am. Sort of exciting now.

And don't worry about counting days. Every day is a score! We savour every one. Forty eight days for me.

Was the same for me Zura. The battle between good and evil. My AV is a rat and was trying to convince me that it didn't matter shite whether I drank or not, my life is a ruin so why bother?

But I snapped out of it, and am so glad I did because today feel so much better. An absolute example of the "it will pass" rule. It would be devastating Zura, and we're not going to fall for it. We are too good for that, and we are gardeners.

Crumbs, I'm scared I'm going to time out, and will rip my hair out if I do. Will close now sober and strong, and so glad I'm getting to know you all.

Please don't Time out.

Love you all. Go the Chiefs!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

A terrible reminder.

A 29 yo drunen driver mounted the footpath (here ) and killed 4 children, 3 from the one family. All under 13 years of age. They were on their way to the shop to buy ice cream.

How I hate this drug.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:15 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
A terrible reminder.

A 29 yo drunen driver mounted the footpath (here ) and killed 4 children, 3 from the one family. All under 13 years of age. They were on their way to the shop to buy ice cream.

How I hate this drug.
Omg I just looked this up, how horrific! Those poor poor people,y heart just breaks for them..

Anyone of us that has ever driven whilst under the influence could've had this happen..

I'm so so thankful that it wasn't the sort of thing I did..i betcha that guy wishes he hadn't hopped in the car, he will probably spend a large portion of his life in prison now..

This drug is horrendous...
Old 02-02-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

OMG. That is....beyond words.
Literally. Choked up big time.

Got up early to watch the tennis.....anyone else watching? s xx
Old 02-02-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Not watching, but thinking about those people that were killed. Will post shortly after I've had time to process. Could've been me that did that many times.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Venus-You never did say if you use ROKU to watch your sports.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I don't know what ROKU is Bob......and sorry I didn't answer that.
I am watching ESPN on YouTube TV. s xx