Notices

Class of December 2019 part 5

Old 02-02-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Oh. ROKU is just a streaming device and you can add channels from all over the world. Haven't really tried it much so there may be subscriptions involved. We use Youtube TV as well and love it!

Good morning on Superbowl Sunday! Day 33 here. We have decided on baby back ribs to eat during the game. My wife has a yummy apple thing that she's going to cook in the instant pot. Can't wait. Oh yeh, hope the game is good too

Vinny-Good to hear from you! Was getting concerned. Congrats on day 46.

Zura-Hope the urges are better. I used to stave them off by planning a relapse. Not any more.

Steely-Hope you enjoy the game. I have to tell a super bowl story. I grew up a New Orleans Saints fan starting in 1967. They were always terrible. Had to wait all the way to 2009 for them to get to the super bowl. I was passed out drunk by halftime and didn't get to see them win. Never again. Congrats on day 48!

Jewel-One week today?

Hi Red! Hi Pouncer!
Old 02-02-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Vinny - It can be a bit of a rough ride emotionally cant it. I guess its a combo of feeling things for the first time & being heightened emotionally in early recovery? Hope it keeps improving for you, well all of us really! We do have a lot to be proud of, it is a nice feeling.
Steely - so funny you mentioned gardening....that was probably my main overriding motivation....i wont be fit to garden!!
Steely, Red, Venus, Bob - Unimaginable about the tragedy, no words.
Pouncer & Dee - Hope your both well.

So glad everyone is fighting through & we have each other to talk too xxoo
Old 02-02-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Zura. s ❤️
Old 02-02-2020, 07:10 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

12 seconds to go.

The Chiefs have nailed it!
Old 02-02-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Yep.....my besty will be thrilled.
Would have been a great game if not for the whole delay thing at the end. xx
Old 02-02-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I just slipped my post in before reading existing posts. Going back now.

I'm going to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I say, "what about Mahomes?" "And that intercept by Williams." Magnificent!

It was fun. Thanks for introducing me. If you ever watch the cricket you'll think it's like watching paint dry, but it's not, really.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:40 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm going to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I say, "what about Mahomes?" "And that intercept by Williams." Magnificent!

You are a legend Steely. xx ❤️
Old 02-03-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Steely-I am very impressed. It can be tough to watch a sport that you're not familiar with, and it sounds like you watched it all. Motivates me even more on learning about Cricket and AFL. As far as paint drying, have you ever watched Major League Baseball? It has put me to sleep many times It's a great game, but very slow paced.

Day 34 here. What great Super Bowl food we had last night. Jewel, did you make snacks for the young one in your house?

Zura-Mrs. Bob and I spent time yesterday moving young plants into pots. She is doing a lot of tomatoes and some green beans. I am doing cucumbers, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and cantelope. Yum

Good morning Pouncer, Red and Vinny. And of course Venus and Dee.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh....I LOVE baseball....every bit of it.
And, err, cricket will make you think baseball is a fast game...he he.

I watched the whole game last night....first time, and Nick came home before the end and explained to me a few of the rules I didn't know. It really was a heap of fun last night....and so happy for the Chiefs....50 years.....what a wonderful thing for them.

And the half-time show was the best I have ever ever seen....bet the reviews are spectacular this morning.

s
Old 02-03-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good time last night Venus!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Thank you....I just watched the halftime show again.....I don't know who the rapper dude is. But I just loved the message....multicultural America.

Hope you have a good day today dear Bob. s xx
Old 02-03-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Messed up again. Gave into the thoughts and drank yesterday. Got quite sick and feel awful today. I’m counting that as a blessing, since I feel like my body is rejecting the alcohol. I’m going to a meeting tonight. Celebrate Recovery. Never been. Scared to go. But I have to do something g different.

Thanks for being there. I am posting in the Feb. class also. Love to al if you and never go back.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I just posted to you in the Feb thread love. s
With you every step honey.....with tons of love. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-03-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Steely, Venus & Bob - Sounds like you all had a blast watching the Super Bowl!!

Bob - That sounds like a delightful day!! I can see you two pottering away in my minds eye. I hope one day to find a Mr Zura to share those sorts of things with.

Jewel - I was certainly stuck in the same relapse hell as you, eventually something just clicked. I cannot pinpoint the why or the what of it. Just keep getting back up and trying new things as you are. I hope the meeting is helpful. Never give up *hugs

I hope everyone is well. Thinking of you all xxoo
Old 02-03-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Zura s xx
Old 02-03-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning Zura! I think I'm finally starting to get the time difference

Jewel-Whatever it takes, as long as it takes.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

NFL AFL Cricket what about us kiwis...yes we play cricket but its not our national sport...
Bob ya gotta watch some rugby next lol

Jewel - we've all been there and not so long ago and we aren't outta the clear yet, so can certainly sympathise with you.. We just have to get back up and keep on trying..

Today was very hot and I had many a moment when that voice talked to me about a wine in the garden, blasted thing. I came home from work, lay on the bed and put on lightbox, it's like Netflix, and watched the series Castle Rock, just so I knew I wouldn't be tempted..
It passed but I'm getting to that stage where I've spent most of the last 2 months sober and my hands are getting that itchy feeling to raise a glass to my lips. I feel like I'm trudging through the days just biding my time and I'm getting very bored and this is very dangerous..
I'm also on eggshells at the moment trying to make myself look busy at home which doesn't help with any of this. Complicated story for another day.

I'm off to listen to some chanting to relax before bed and hope that I don't melt in the heat tonight..
31 today and we never get that hot..
Old 02-04-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Red-I have watched rugby before and I do find it entertaining. And I think for those of us that have started over to day 1, again and again, we are all in a dangerous place. It just hasn't been hard for me yet.

5 weeks for me today! I have to admit that I am feeling pretty damn good. Get pretty tired by the end of the day, but I think that is due more to age than anything else

Zura-I don't know how old you are, but if you want a Mr. Zura to grow old with, I'm sure that it will happen because you sound like a wonderful person.

Steely-Still recovering from Mahomes and the Chief's win?

Hi Vinny, Pouncer, Jewel, Venus and Dee!
Old 02-04-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I found my Mr Suze past 50, just saying.....

Congrats dear Bob!!! That's wonderful. s

I hear you Red....all the way.
I am sorry too for whatever is going on at home that is stressful. s
Maybe it's time to start something new that you have wanted to do for ages but couldn't do while you were drinking.....maybe there is an intense yoga course or a dance workshop, or maybe you make beautiful jewellery and you haven't done it for years....

Also, this is when it was important for me to look back. To see the carnage my life was while I drank. And really tell myself I didn't want that again. And then put more action in. s

I know how bad the heat can get, but that garden wine fantasy is such a liar....wine in the heat just adds to dehydration. So you would be poisoned and dehydrated. Isn't the AV just a monster? Who wants that? s xx ❤️
Old 02-04-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 weeks bob. Congratulations to us all.

I'm not drinking, and I'm not smoking, and it's not the desire to do either, really, Just want to stop the way I am feeling. Feel depressed. I hope you've risen from the funk Vinny

I feel pretty much like you Red. A number of us seem to be going through early days stuff.

When you said you felt like raising the wine glass to your lips Red, yesterday I felt the same. Tim Minchin's, "White Wine in the Sun", has been playing through my head bigtime. It is a lovely song, but for me it becomes the biggest con possible, seducing me into a falsehood that has never worked for decades. I won't act on these thoughts, just feel down.

Had to tell you these things because found myself reluctant to come here, and I know that is dangerous. SR is my only connection with sobriety, and if I don't feel that connectedness I am at real risk of drinking. I won't! Go the All Blacks Red.

Dearest Jewel. How many times I have relapsed. How many times has it not delivered. It's the biggest con in the book. At least for me me that is true. Just keep posting Jewel, keep coming here to talk. We care about you Jewel. Care about each other though we have never met, but can see you in my minds eye. And your gardens too.