Notices

One Year & Over Part 72

Old 12-31-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Over Part 72

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-71-a-20.html (One Year & Over Part 71)

D
Old 12-31-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good night. Hope your migraine dissipates Suze

D
Old 12-31-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you....and love and Happy New Year to all of you. s

Old 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Haven't seen the last bit of the last thread but Suze I swear by kool n soothe strips for migraines hope you feel better soon

My fil has been making Mrs SW cry for most of this evening don't want to go into details as I need to be with her but logged in because I started getting angry the guy is 74 and making his daughter cry 22 minutes before the new year, she already feels **** about everything I think I need to talk with him because it's become bullying now Mrs SW and bil I'm listening to her talk to family and I just got to keep out of it but Mrs SW crying is Mrs SW crying and sorry but it's getting me angry I'm cool but cmon man it's her dad doing it !?

I was going to ask you Itch if you don't mind because I remember you going through this when your mil passed ?

Sorry guys I'm ok really she's coming off the phone I'm in my superman housecoat and cosy new slippers which I adore I get a new pair every year lol

Sending love to you all in this new year and new decade .. look at nearly all of us in 2020 woot woot oioi
Old 12-31-2019, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Dee Hi Dee Hi Dee Ho! Hi Dee Hi Dee Hi Dee Hey!

Andy,
that sounds terrible. I'm glad you are getting relief with orthotics.

Wolf,
Chill brother! It wasn't moanin' to me either.

Purp -Hey!

PJ Hey 2!

FBL,
I had my day on a small stage in a big world, and loved it. You're doing the books we need to keep it alive.

Mags it is heaven, or as close as I want to live to it. I'm so sorry you are having struggles just to breathe. You still just deal with it.

Sassy,
You're saying it for me. Grateful, secure, sober.

Suze, you too!

PJ,
It is 11:38 NY Eve here. Sorry you had some health aggravations last night for you there.

Suze,
Sorry you feel poorly. Hope you are feeling better.

Wolf,
Yes it is a family matter. If your sweet spouse asks you to run interference then do but only then, and only if you can be the cool head when all around are losing theirs. Sometimes you just have to interrupt, pardon, but we do need to be home and get some rest. We can't help our feelings, they come from the “reptile” autonomic part of our brains. We can't control our feelings. But we are in total control of how we act upon them. You are on the right track, now stay on the rails.

Guys, I just found out this morning that a team of climbers climb Pike's Peak regardless of weather and do our fireworks show, read this: https://gazette.com/life/a-new-year-...0b99ebdda.html

and this: https://gazette.com/news/forecast-wi...97501b297.html

My living room giant picture window almost faces it dead on. But it is there and we are at the top of a hill with a clear view from inside, as goo as if we were right there, and better than when we lived in the flatlands. It happens in our time zone in ten minutes! I got a fifth of this: https://www.martinellis.com/products...e-grape-juice/ and need to get the glasses and my love and wife in my arms, and gaze out the windows, safe, warm, and lucky.
Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

good advice there Itch

D
Old 12-31-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy New Year friends

Itchy, I love the idea of fireworks on top of the peak...it looks amazing.

Wolfie, hoping for a happy, peaceful new year for you and your wife. x

Suze, PJ, hope you’re feeling better.

Have a good Wednesday 01 January 2020
Old 12-31-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf:
Old 01-01-2020, 12:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Happy New Year, Overs.

To one and all

Have a good year everyone.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy New year everyone. I hope it brings health and happiness and continuing sobriety.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks guys so much esp itch .. I didn't get involved I just find it super hard watching my wife cry but I was there for here and we even let the old spirits out and she let the new ones in. We watched the fireworks but London wasn't really all that this year imo

Sorry for souring the thread with saying I was angry and that I came here straight away because I know to I rarely see my wife cry like that you know.. anyway it's weird because it's her dad who I respect but ever since losing mil he's been spinning out no matter what we do I swore on my soul I'd keep them all together to mil no matter what and I'm sure they will get past this yet again but yeah he's being a grade a plonker at the moment it's almost the same as what happend to my dad when my mum died .. Men are weird as they get older dare I say it complex because my fil is genuinely awesome I'd hate to see this go bad because for my Mrs and bil thier close to breaking point

But it will be ok because your right itch we can walk beside even tho my girl does not want to hear that she's fed up but I know it's all of them grieving even I'm grieving but the most important thing is looking after them and making sure thier all ok

We're watching a Portuguese comedy show on Netflix it improves my Portuguese you know

Sorry guys happy new year and wishing everyone the best xx
Old 01-01-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to everyone! I was fast asleep at midnight

Wolfie, you are not “souring the thread”! We all have our moments when we have very strong feelings we need to let out. It’s one the beauties of this fellowship. We share the good times and successes and the tough ones and failures, too.

Sending lots of love to all who are hurting and those who aren’t

Old 01-01-2020, 03:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, sorry your wife is having to go thru that. One of the many things I've learned in my Tao meetings this past year is that we must love and pray for those that hurt us. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it really does work! All of us are broken in one way or another and sometimes we lash out at those closest to us. Love and light, my friend!!

I had a really cool experience yesterday. We had about 4 inches of snow on Monday night. I took the mail over to the boss's house and he tells me that the plow guy can't make it to plow his HUGE driveway. So, he asks if I would please shovel just the front walk/steps. So, I get done with that and then decide to also shovel Fran's wheelchair ramp, which runs along the side of the house and down to the main driveway. Now, my boss does have a snow blower in the garage, but I'm getting such a good workout doing it with just the regular shovel, so I decide to do the entire driveway! Nearly an hour later, I'm just finishing up and a strange vehicle pulls into the freshly cleared driveway. Turns out it's my boss's "son" that he adopted from Honduras back in the day. I hadn't seen him since the night of Fran's accident, so was really nice to catch up with him and his family. The moral of the story is that if I wouldn't have shoveled the driveway like I did, I would've missed him! Plus, I got a great cardio workout in the process. Win-win!!!

Have a Happy Hump-Day and an ever happier and healthier 2020, overs!
Old 01-01-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone! It doesn't feel like New Year's Day 'cause I'm up early with no hangover Actually it was probably my 3rd or 4th sober NYE so I'm getting used to it.

Fell asleep early but then awoke to the neighbors' fireworks....stepped outside for a little bit to watch them....other than that it was pretty quiet.....still got some leftover snacks! Coffee for now; should do some exercise in a little while

Wolf ~ Hope you and your wife have a better day today
Old 01-01-2020, 04:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you all it means a lot Mrs SW is doing better but I know it's on both thier minds. I just tried something cheesy when we got back from the shop with glen .. her dad among many other brilliant gifts gave us this ultra powered handheld torch only needs 3 batteries and youd think Battersea was powering it .. anyway I mentioned it's in my tool cupboard and when she put the batteries in for some reason I said see instead of going up the stairs with it on (as the hall light wasn't on we bought lightbulbs) I said life right now is pretty dark just like this staircase going up right ? She was like yeah looking at me a bit concerned lol i then said your dad is that torch he gave us turn it on and think of your dad as a light in a dark place. I don't know if it worked but it felt right as it was spontaneous I kinda follow my instincts way more nowadays

Thank you to everyone for being there it means a heck of a lot x
Old 01-01-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just finished peeling all the veg - butternut squash, brussel sprouts, Potatoes & parsnips. Mrs Sw is doing a spatchcocked roast chicken were just letting it marinate for a bit

Think we're going to see fil tomorrow just glad she feels a bit better I know I can't fix everything that sucks but I've tried my best and kept my head

Thanks Fbl and everyone too X

I'm going to do weights I know I shouldn't but ive taken some meds to lessen the pain but tbh I'm used to it but can't wait to get the nerve fixed I think they want me to just accept it and stay on painkillers er hell no
Old 01-01-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Wolfie, I find butternut squash difficult to peel and cut. Love the stuff though.

Itchy, very wise words.

Our decorations are coming down today, I’m pleased really, fed up of Ginger wrecking my tree and knocking everything off it. She figures everything is her play toy in this home.

We have so many chocolates left. I’m going to put some away. They have a long shelf life on them.

Oh, I heard from hospital on Tuesday. They’re starting my asthma injections on the 16th January. This will hopefully stop me needing steroids so much. I have to go in for 8.30am and after the injection stay for observation, it looks like at least two hours. Just in case of any side effects. Hopefully they will work for me and give me a bit better quality of life, health wise. It’s all good.

Have a good Thursday my friends. xxxx
Old 01-01-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Coffee calls

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan Mags!

Checking in on my first day back to work.....did someone say coffee?
Old 01-02-2020, 02:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hope the new treatment works for you, Mags!

My co-worker goes in for his heart procedure today, so I get to hold down the fort all by myself for the next couple of days.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!