One Year & Over Part 72

Old 01-22-2020, 10:52 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-23-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Posting this all over. The landscape had rather a profound effect on me today- driving in the Adelaide hills to seek sanity with music. Post fires- scarred, burnt and healing. Apt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FIRES3.jpg (59.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-23-2020, 02:19 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Congratulations on 7 years SE

I went to the pharmacy for my repeat prescription of Epi-pens and there’s a shortage! I’ve got a month before one of them expires and one has discolored so no good anymore. I’ve rang around all the chemists to no avail.
I’m now going to write to the manufacturer in the Czech Republic. It also seems there was a recall on the ones I have, the injection doesn’t always work! But I’ve just read they’re not recalling the ones already with patients.

On a lighter not, have a good Thursday , miei amici xxxx
Old 01-23-2020, 03:45 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

SE, congrats on 7 years

Mags, I am amazed at the medicine shortages these days! Hope you get new Epi pens soon.

PJ, sounds like you needed to ‘get away’ from life for a bit? Incredible photo.

Have a happy Thursday to all.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

SE, congrats! 7 years is HUGE!!!

Mags, hope you get your medicine.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Still crossing fingers and toes for you dear Mags. s xx

And yes Serene love....I was wondering about that....how can she taste anything when she has a cold? I think you need chicken soup with canandels from the deli....there must be a good kosher deli near you. And some warm rye bread. s xx
Old 01-23-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great photo PJ. It carries the mood of the landscape.

Enjoy the soup SE.

Hang in there Mags!

Enjoy the day all!
Old 01-23-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats on 7 years Serene! That's a great number. I hope your sense of taste and smell return soon.

Mags I hope you don't need your epi pen until you have back ups.

I'm back from Spain now, managed to do most of what I wanted decorating-wise and rat-proofed the house!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Oh gosh can we see pics please dear toots? ❤️
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 7 years SE

D
Old 01-23-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Happy belated Soberversary SE!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:08 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, yes there does seem to be some shortages with meds nowadays. I wonder why. I’m sure I’ll get some soon and I’m taking every care not to go any place that may start any allergies off.

Toots, so pleased you got your decorating finished in you rat-proofed home in Spain.

Have a brill Friday my friends xx
Old 01-23-2020, 11:09 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Coffee in hand, have a good day everyone.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs!

Thanks Dee! I hope your good wishes come true, and backatcha. No worse and no better works for me.

PJ,
Thanks! The feeling’s mutual!

SE,
Congrats on seven years! Woo hoo!
I am glad you are doing well in sobriety with the gifts of companionship and a kiddo. Sorry you had a virus, hope you’re feeling better.
I appreciate your warning but I’ve been an investor with Tesla since they IPO’d in 2010, and wrote about Elon Musk, Tesla, and his startup company Space X since 2003. I’m retired Air Force 27 years and an Industrial Engineer. I wanted him to go public the whole time. When he finally did the first roadster at the UK Lotus plant they sold out the full 2008 and 2009 production. When GM Ford and Chrysler went bankrupt in the 2008 recession Tesla made it through, barely. I thought sure he’d go public then but they did not until 2010. I bought 1000 shares at $17-$22.50.

As an investor I was in on the shareholder meetings and reports from 2010 on. Now the shorts and oil barons were, and are, getting displaced. The worst offenders pollution wise and putting out lies about alternative energy and the devices they powered, are the Koch brothers. Here’s a search on the $10million a year they budgeted for slur pieces and false reports.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=koch+b...ZI&form=MOZLBR

And here https://www.bing.com/search?q=KOch+b...ZI&form=MOZLBR
I can assure you that the industry is going all electric. But having problems Musk never had. The GM Bolt and their Hybrid the volt flopped. GM didn’t even design or make it. Remember Goldstar? Their Korean cheap TVs and VCRs in the 80s? They designed and built the Bolt for GM and shipped parts to GM’s Orion plant to assemble the parts, of the first 2000 delivered 200 failed, just stopped despite showing full charge on departure. They had to be towed.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=gm+ceo...ZI&form=MOZLBR

Goldstar’s real name was Lucky Goldstar, but that won’t fly here in the US. They decided to improve their image and use only their initials LG. We bought one of their overpriced refrigerators back in 2005 and it failed because of a fuse soldered to the motherboard. No parts to owners just their expensive service techs, only one or two to a region. The motherboard was $200.00 and the labor $200.00 to pop one screw of the backpkate, unscrew four motherboard to refrigerator frame screws, disconnect one connector, then connect the new motherboard and screw it in. No way for a dollar sloblo fuse. I bought a $1.99 inline fuse holder, the dollar fuse, and clipped it to each end of the fuse soldered into the motherboard, insulated it and screwed the one coverplate screw in and voila, worked great. I even showed it to the buyers in case a power surge ever blew it again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldStar

I bought my AWD dual motor, long range, Tesla model 3 Tuesday with the alloys and mileage hubcaps, auto pilot, and the full autonomous self-driving hardware in place if I ever want to call it to me or take a nap on a trip. By that time it will be safe to sleep in my self-driving Tesla.

If you want to get informed a great newsletter to take which covers Electric cars, solar, battery storage like Tesla’s PowerWalls of which I’m getting two later when we decide if we stay here or flip it for a profit and move once more. But if we do, and it is 60/40 we’ll stay, I will have sold or donated, given to family 2/3s of what was left after I got rid of half of all my tools, all my trucks and cars, big zero turn mower, the Ford Workmaster tractor I restored with pics here on my profile album after I restored it when we moved here.

We are now soon to be all electric save our 2019 forester. Our lawn mower and snow blower are both 60 volt Greenworks so we have two 6amp batteries and chargers, in case, as we won’t be using both in the same season. Used the snow blower three times and one battery did run an hour as advertised, never needed the second or a charge. All my power tools including angle grinders, chainsaws, string trimmers, ½ inch 300ft. lbs. Impact wrench, saws, drills impact drivers and many more, are all Ryobi one plus 18 volt tools. We are all battery now. Our one gas mower gets sold when spring has sprung. No more gas cans, oil or oil changes. We get free maintenance for another 18 months on the Forester which also has adaptive cruise with “eyesight” that automatically does lane keeping and collision avoidance stops.

Here’s where you’d want to learn what’s really happening, not the boogabear stories like cancer from windmills you get from folks who can’t compete. Here’s one for the non-engineers and Tesla ignorant - don’t waste your time watching the video just take a minute, click on more and read the comments at the bottom. These are not trolls but folks who know facts not hearsay or sloppy reporting. My god! They are reporting on taking apart a model 3 but show a Model S! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1a8rdX6DU

If you want to know the facts, food and bad start getting the Clean Technika newsletter here: https://cleantechnica.com/ they do original articles and the best of the rest of the online clean energy newsletters, not just theirs.

Mags,
I’m glad you’re feeling better. I was cautiously hopeful and then drove my first Tesla, a model S a chemistry professor had. He heard I was invested in them and offered me a test drive for fun. Wow! Tesla has built a second factory in China that is already in production churning out their first Model 3s. Tesla just bought property in Europe for their third factory. Tesla showrooms love folks to test drive. Just test drive one as I suggest everyone do to become informed even if they never plan to buy one. Knowing the hands on facts makes you laugh at the oil source hyperbole. Start taking Clean Technika for hubby from the link I put above for SE. It’s all educational as nothing is really for sale from them.You have my email and address so have hubby ask me anything he’d like, as I am technically oriented and my special interests after my computers and guns are alternative energy, Battery Electric Vehicles, the Bolt, The Jaguar I-Pace, and the other BEV projects that flopped from Porsche, Volkswagen, Daimler, and Nissan. They are easy searches or just scan an industry newsletter. Fun for me.

Dang! Epi pen shortages??? Good luck Mags. Can you do chewables?

FBL thanks we are both grateful. Email me the website again. I’dlike to see what you’ve been working on.

Sassy,
I bought Tesla stock in 2010 literally just after I decided to stop wasting my life and money on getting high. The Little things are indeed the lagniappe of sobriety, that little something extra we miss drinking.

Suze,
Aww I know they were tears of joy. My every third or fourth days posting are because of that very thing. We’re decorating, picking furniture, buying the Tesla an hour and a half north of us, getting our Visas done which would have expired next week, getting the Subaru Baja finished up from the engine overhaul to sell it. Tie rod ends we missed and wheel alignment, and cataloguing the 50 pics of the overhaul we had done. We are re doing the existing 220 volt wiring in the garage and rearranging it for charging easily with the Tesla $35.00 charging adapter. I am still adding security cameras, and we’re getting the master bath remodel after my office and guest room are furnished and all the excess stuff I thought I needed gone. Our kitchen update with all new appliances is done, the privacy fence gate redone for my SH’s 5’2” height able to reach the latch from inside and add an inner deadbolt. Then I’ve the tools and pegboard over insulation in the garage and organizing what goes in the shed tool and workbench build. Then sod or xeriscaping the front and back grass areas. The rest is on lists and discovered as we go. I get tired about now every day and sleep.

SE,
Hope you get over your flu soonest!

Andy,
How are you?

Star,
You too! We all have the sense of excitement, we just have to dare to be exciting and excited. Don’t settle for a sense or whiff of the pie, jump in and eat it two handed! That’s what sinks are for!

PJ,
Thanks for that pic and description of your empathy mirrored by the land.

Toots,
Welcome home is good no? I hate living in what we’re remodeling. Were you in any of the Spanish flooding?

Good night overs wherever you are! 4 am again, dang. Excitement can wear ya down, the old "too much of a good thing" or getting all my toys at once, and more, before those are well played. What wonderful problems we have.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Visas Itchy love? I missed some stuff there. s xx
Old 01-24-2020, 04:04 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

I love the early morning quiet - leaves me feeling at peace with the world!

Wishing you a happy Friday and a great weekend.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, I love the early morning quiet too. My favorite part of the day.

The Epi-pens should be at the pharmacy tomorrow for me. Yaaay. My doctor rang me and has prescribed another brand of it for me.

Itchy, I’ve not heard of the chewable adrenaline, I looked it up. I would imagine they may be difficult to chew when anaphylactic, not sure. ...I’ll suggest to hubby to have a test drive in an electric car. If he has any queries I’m sure he’ll get in touch, thanks for the offer of your knowledge.

It’s not a bad day here today, blue skies, tinged with a few clouds but not dull,
Old 01-24-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Itchy, I remember Goldstar. What garbage products. I had no idea that LG is the continuance of that line. I know someone whom sold appliances and he told me to avoid LG at all costs due to the reasons you mentioned.

What is the mileage and or time range per charge on an electric car? I think that is what scares people away from plunging in.

Sassy, I love the very early morning or the very late night when I am the only soul up. I enjoy that feeling of being at peace with the world.

Mags, is the medicine shortage related to Brexit? I know folks claimed that sort of thing was likely to happen if that went through. Scary indeed to have to do without key meds.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 01-24-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

thx everyone for 7 year well wishes

Mags - epi shortage - that isn’t good. If it helps as a backup plan - you can get the effective medicine in an epi via a regular needle much more universally. However you need to know how to aim to get it into a vein, I recall, needing some basic medical skill - which you might be able to look up in advance for prep.

itchy - enjoy your Tesla!

PJ - wow! What medium are you working in? You captured light (and mood) amazingly well.

A good morning to everyone else - Sipping coffee in my PJs - pants are on inside out AND backwards, and I frankly don’t care
Old 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Serene- just the camera function on my supermarket android. It came out well tho.