Notices

One Year & Over Part 72

Old 01-06-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Mags - good luck today. I’m at the other end, hoping to go to bed soon.

JImmyJ - Thx for posting. Lifestyle changes are hard. Alcohol isn’t the answer. It took me a while to find me - the real sober me - and rediscover my non drinking interests, and then little my little build my sober life including great friendships that don’t involve drinking. I had to let go of things that weren’t making me feel good to make room for the things that I really enjoyed in my sober life.

need to post bc baby crying. More in a bit...
Old 01-06-2020, 09:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a good day today x
Old 01-06-2020, 10:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Part 2

Jimmy J - cont’d

In any case, I think most of my second year was spent building that sober life - by listening to the things that were important to me (in this case sound like investing in building non drinking relationship would be important to you) as I moved forward. Sometimes those needs came from pain points that felt pretty sharp!

RE: the trip. If the focus is drinking, then I would personally skip it and instead take the time off of work to do something that excites you instead. IE - treat yourself to something. FWIW, I stayed away from the Burning Man festival for many years bc I didn’t want to put myself in a situation where it would be hard to leave if I felt uncomfortable, despite it being the central activity of my various friend circles for years. Now I feel comfortable, but have no interest.

all of that is to say is that this is normal and you are on a great path! Good luck

well, need to post again bc more baby activity....

goodnite everyone!
Old 01-06-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Best wishes for the appointment Mags.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Mags, sending gentle *hugs* and healing thoughts!

Have a terrific Tuesday, Overs
Old 01-07-2020, 03:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

My co-worker phoned me early yesterday morning and said that he didn't feel up to coming in yesterday. This left me to once again do his job, on top of mine. Not what I had hoped for, but I just focused on each task and everything got done with a little time to spare! Thanks to my recovery, I'm able to handle these situations and not feel any resentment. That said, I really hope he's back today!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 01-07-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I hope so too dear FBL. s ❤️
Old 01-07-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

FBL I hope your day went well. Better your co-worker doesn’t come back too soon and make him worse maybe.

My appointment went well. The immunologist was happy to hear I was starting the injections next week (it was him who referred me). I still have some Tryptase and mast cell levels too high in my blood.

Been very windy here. It was slow moving traffic on the Humber Bridge earlier.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really happy for you mags windy here too tonight think there is a cold snap heading our way

Dusted off the tablet today thinking it would be better than using my phone to navigate SR I tried but it felt heavy it was better screen wise but not worth the weight lol

I'm knackered heading for bed and a early night x
Old 01-07-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Make sure you pace yourself at work, FBL.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words and encouragement. I have been going through a bit of a tough time, but I'm learning new things every day. This sober life is a change for the better and like most of you state, it comes with positive changes that take work. I feel it is well worth it. 2 months into my second year actually feels like I'm starting to put forth all the changes I made in the first year. It's a work in progress. Rebuilding.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Hope it’s a good Wednesday my friends xx
Old 01-07-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Hump day everyone, got a 'roll up' ladies 9holes later, we turn up at 10 and whoever's there gets paired off and plays. Just a bit of mid week fun. I haven't been able to make many between my trips south and weather. This is my last chance for another 2 weeks as I head back to Spain on Monday to do some decorating there for 10 days.
Mags glad things are looking positive for you.
FBL I hope your co-worker makes it back soon and in good health, well done on coping alone.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

JimmyJ, you’ve made it this far so with care and some effort you can do it! Isn’t there some saying about the good things in life being worth working for? If there isn’t, perhaps there should be. The satisfaction and joy that come with living clear-eyed and sober is very hard to beat. Please don’t be hesitant to reach out when you are having a difficult time These days I find that I reach out when life hands me some tough stuff and then I find that getting it out here and getting support makes an enormous difference in my outlook and feelings - and it automatically keeps me from going to drinking thoughts as a coping mechanism.

Have a Happy Hump Day, Overs :-)
Old 01-08-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Jimmy, I think most of us are a "work in progress" to one degree or another. One of the real pleasures of my 10+ years of recovery is that each year has gotten a little bit better than the last. As I like to say, alcoholism is progressive, but so is recovery!

Well, my co-worker came back yesterday. He tried to push himself a bit too much and was pretty worn out by the end of the day. I advised him to slow down, but he was determined. We have a couch downstairs where he can rest, which I reminded him of yesterday, so maybe I planted a seed.

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

"Alcoholism is progressive, but so is recovery" ~ I like that FBL!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Toots I hope your ‘9hole’ ladies golf went well. Just a coincidence maybe, but was it happening all over at golf clubs?. At just before 10am yesterday I was passing the golf club on the way to in-laws and there were quite a few ladies getting their golf clubs from their cars.

It is raining so much here, I’d love to send some to Australia, wouldn’t we all.

A quiet day today methinks.

Have a nice Thursday my friends xxxx
Old 01-08-2020, 10:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Quiet here too.

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-09-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags most clubs have something similar though not necessarily on the same day. There are also winter leagues and mid week competitions.

Purps, yeah I might steal his quote for the Undies!