Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 458

Old 10-03-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Checking in for another 24 hours please

Sorry think I forgot yesterday. I'm very grateful I'm still sober on this holiday. I'm waking up refreshed instead of feeling like s**t

We went out all day yesterday driving round seeing local villages, which was lovely. Something we wouldn't have done if I was drinking, because to be totally honest I wouldn't have been bothered.

The wine mountain in the villa is rapidly depleting as the others work their way through it. Be time for another "booze" shop soon.

I'm staying strong, I'm proud I'm sober and that's all that matters.

Have a lovely day everyone ❤
I am so happy for you dearest Pinky!!!!!! ❤️

Old 10-03-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Can I come back please? I'd like 24 💕
💕💕💕💕💕 Oh Gabe, so much love hunny.....I have missed you LIKE CRAZY!!!!

I am so happy to see you......everyone will be! s
Sending HUGE hugs and so much love. s 💕💕💕💕💕
Old 10-03-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treesofgreen View Post
Good morning everyone! I’m committing to another 24 hours sober. Spent the night w my girls again last night. Felt a little guilty because I skipped exercise class all week. But, I’ll get back to it today. One more day until the weekend!!!!
Betting running around after two little girls qualifies as exercise.
They should make that a thing....mommy and me play and run classes....it probably already exists. I know one friend here who does indoor rockwall climbing with her little one.

Big hugs and love for you too. ❤️

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:05am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!!
Hello darling yukonm ~ I am missing your updates.
Sending love and big hugs to you too. ❤️
Old 10-03-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 please at 8:56 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 10-03-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

A good wet morning. The depressive thinking has lifted; remains physically like hygiene and housekeeping.

With meds and eating routine the glucose levels have leveled out, albeit still high.

Anxiety level is low...with some spurts. Willing to take mass transit.

Recovery minded.

Been taking all psych and health meds 100% for last two weeks.

More productive.

Forgoing getting money until Monday. Will go to food pantry and SSA office today.

Looking to see when my first day of sobriety is by looking at my recent SR posts: I'm going with 9/19/2019 so 2 weeks today.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

^^^^ OH!!!!
So proud of you: what a huge effort you are making to get everything back on track. Good things are going to come your way my friend. ❤️

And good morning dear Star. ❤️
Old 10-03-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my head. Seriously wrong with my head. I'm just working away and there's a knock on the door. It's a delivery of a beautiful bunch of flowers, addressed to me. I excitedly open the card and it's from my sister. We fell out after a blazing row back in June and haven't spoken since. The card says she knows things aren't great between us but she's thinking of me. And this is a good thing, right? I mean, this is a lovely thing for her to do. But it makes me feel sick. If I'm honest, it makes me feel really sick. And that's why I think there's something wrong with me. Why can't I just see the flowers and think, 'that's nice' and phone her and be normal? Why can't I do that? That's what a normal person would do. But I don't want to do that. I feel sick with anxiety at the thought of phoning her. I wish she hadn't sent the flowers. I feel like I was starting to heal, starting to recover from this anxiety that's plagued me for the last 10 days when I thought I'd have to see my sister and mum at a family funeral yesterday (funeral got cancelled - whole other story) ... But now I feel like I'm on the back foot again. Now I feel like I need to get sucked back in and then when I start to relax... Pow! I'll be attacked again. And I'm so sick of this relentless merry-go-round of attacks and tears and shouting and silence and flowers and attacks and tears blah blah blah.

I have to respond to her. I have to thank her for the flowers. But what I really want to say is, 'thanks for the flowers, now please leave me alone' but that's not very nice, is it? That's not very grateful. I know I'm going to get sucked back in. I'm no match for these characters. I don't know the rules of the games they play and even if I did know the rules, they'd still beat me. There's no emotional connection between us and that's why the flowers feel weird. But she sent them and that makes her nice, whereas I'm the weirdo in tears wondering how best to respond. Like I said, I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my head.

So great to see you Gabe, I've thought of you often. Stay with us, it's great to have you back. Lots of love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx and apologies for sounding like a bah humbug flowers-hating old whingebag. I don't hate flowers, I love flowers. I'm just not sure what these particular flowers stand for. Just keeping it real xxxxx
Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Deniselarkin
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
Jack16
Jeniket
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
Lila125
LillianGish
listae
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
NoGoingBack
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Patterson
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
RattleAndHum
Red78
Rose335
Sapph21
Saskia
shortstop81
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
Tictoc
Tinker B
Treesofgreen
trudgingagain
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

"Whether we shape the future in the image of our hopes, it is ours to determine by our actions and our choices." - Richard Nixon

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ~ following you today with this one.

October 3, 2019

Endoftheday ~ 1 week!
Lila125 ~ 1 week!
wiscsober ~ 2 weeks!
Sunflowerlife ~ 2 years & 5 months!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my head. Seriously wrong with my head. I'm just working away and there's a knock on the door. It's a delivery of a beautiful bunch of flowers, addressed to me. I excitedly open the card and it's from my sister. We fell out after a blazing row back in June and haven't spoken since. The card says she knows things aren't great between us but she's thinking of me. And this is a good thing, right? I mean, this is a lovely thing for her to do. But it makes me feel sick. If I'm honest, it makes me feel really sick. And that's why I think there's something wrong with me. Why can't I just see the flowers and think, 'that's nice' and phone her and be normal? Why can't I do that? That's what a normal person would do. But I don't want to do that. I feel sick with anxiety at the thought of phoning her. I wish she hadn't sent the flowers. I feel like I was starting to heal, starting to recover from this anxiety that's plagued me for the last 10 days when I thought I'd have to see my sister and mum at a family funeral yesterday (funeral got cancelled - whole other story) ... But now I feel like I'm on the back foot again. Now I feel like I need to get sucked back in and then when I start to relax... Pow! I'll be attacked again. And I'm so sick of this relentless merry-go-round of attacks and tears and shouting and silence and flowers and attacks and tears blah blah blah.

I have to respond to her. I have to thank her for the flowers. But what I really want to say is, 'thanks for the flowers, now please leave me alone' but that's not very nice, is it? That's not very grateful. I know I'm going to get sucked back in. I'm no match for these characters. I don't know the rules of the games they play and even if I did know the rules, they'd still beat me. There's no emotional connection between us and that's why the flowers feel weird. But she sent them and that makes her nice, whereas I'm the weirdo in tears wondering how best to respond. Like I said, I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my head.

So great to see you Gabe, I've thought of you often. Stay with us, it's great to have you back. Lots of love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx and apologies for sounding like a bah humbug flowers-hating old whingebag. I don't hate flowers, I love flowers. I'm just not sure what these particular flowers stand for. Just keeping it real xxxxx
Oh sweetheart. s

There is nothing wrong with your head.....you are just rigorously honest with yourself....you know yourself, and you are trying your best to look after you.

I get your response.....all the way....so many people would feel the same way I think....in fact, it is my little sister's birthday today (the one who said I am the evil that destroyed her life) and I ALMOST....just about....sent her a message to say HB.....and something nice....then stopped myself. That would be selfish of me. She doesn't want to hear from me.

What your sister did was weird in my opinion....a bit formal.....and a bit aren't I the good one....that's the way I feel about it.

I hear you and I feel you and you have every right to not get sucked back into this drama. This is self care honey. s

What I would do....would be to send something back....a gift basket of fruit or something like crumpets and nice jam with a note that says thank you.....meant a lot to me, love J.

And we love you bucket loads. ❤️
Old 10-03-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 10-03-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
💕💕💕💕💕 Oh Gabe, so much love hunny.....I have missed you LIKE CRAZY!!!!

I am so happy to see you......everyone will be! s
Sending HUGE hugs and so much love. s 💕💕💕💕💕
Thanks so much Suze. I've missed you all too and I'm staying put this time! Lots of love back to you 💞💞💞💞
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Lots of love to you too Kenton and a big congratulations on your sober anniversary. Your amazing 💞💞💞
Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Lots of love to you too Kenton and a big congratulations on your sober anniversary. Your amazing 💞💞💞
Ahh, thanks Gabe! But I'm definitely not amazing. I'm definitely still a few sandwiches short of a picnic but I'm honest now. I don't lie to myself anymore. And that's a big improvement on who I was 2 years and 11 months ago! And how many sandwiches does a picnic need anyway?? You be kind to yourself and lean on us, Gabe. We're all here for you.
And thank you Suze for the awesome advice. I'm so sorry your sister doesn't see you as all of us see you. Hopefully one day it will change. I'm so lucky to know you xxxx
Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I don't think you're a few sandwiches short at all love. ❤️

Old 10-03-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

im back

signing on for another 24 hours
Old 10-03-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kenton, flowers can send a message of love, or regret, or sorrow, anger or loss and much more. How you receive them is about you. Overthinking can drive you crazy, you could always send a simple text with thanks. It’s what feels best for you and what you feel comfortable with. xx
Old 10-03-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post

You are not a weirdo Kenton. I don’t know the back story but from the energy behind you words it sounds like you don’t trust your sister’s motives. Is that what it is?
I’m going through something similar. Finally realizing so much about people and their behaviors and my lack of boundaries throughout the year.
On another note- I recently got an app called The Pattern. You may enjoy it- it’s an astrological app based on your natal chart.

I’m sorry for all of the stress. Go easy on yourself- sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Take some time to breathe if you can. Breath can return us gracefully to Source.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks for remembering me today Suze and congrats to the other milestones.

I’m mentally and physically exhausted over here. It’s hard to talk about what’s going on because I feel like I’ve been ruminating for weeks and I just want my mind to stop. My marriage is over and that is not a bad thing. But I am experiencing every single emotion under the sun and just wish I could get some mental peace already.

I am grateful to have some rest time right now (on the sofa as I type this) and I am looking forward to a sound healing class this weekend. 15 hours of technique and material so that I can learn how to use sound healing with my clients. It’s the best news I’ve had in a long time.

Lots of love to all of you,
Sunny
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maggpie666999 View Post
signing on for another 24 hours
Welcome back dearest Maggpie!!! xxxx ❤️❤️
Old 10-03-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

here for my dose of 24 hrs. of sober life....