Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 12

Old 01-24-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Better day today.

The habit I'm trying to get into is every night figure out a few financial tasks I can do the next day. So tomorrow:

Contact verizon about my Data plan (I want to get my bill down)
read over an email draft to financial advisor and send it
print out a tax form
look to see if a check paying taxes cleared

Okay, y'all really didn't need to hear all this but I needed to tell someone and you are it!
Old 01-25-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Saturday morning

Hope you ticked off all those things on your list, Bee. And hope you found your phone. Going shopping without the list - oh do I know the feeling?

I am looking forward to a good weekend - reading the new Isabelle Allende book - A long petal of the sea.

Love her books so much. Especially because it is set in Chile - in part - and that is one of the most wonderful countries I ever visited. Would love to go back some day.

With all my knitting and crocheting I once told my husband he must be careful, I might surprise him one day with an unwanted gift - knitted golfclub covers Well, he surprised ME by actually asking me to make some for him . Having lots of fun doing that - complete with a big pom-pom

Hope you all have a fun and wonderful weekend XXXXXXXXX
Old 01-27-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Irk, I have had a few off days. I get into this cycle of not doing much and then my energy level lowers and I feel less like doing anything and then I feel worse . . . yep, vicious cycle.

Yesterday, I was happy to go to bed as a way to reset my mood. I almost always feel better in the morning so hopefully I can get myself out of the cycle.

I did check everything off my list, except the data plan thing, just not the day I posted it. Ugh.

The last few nights we have had family dinners with people drinking. I keep having an urge to just take a sip of someone's drink. I'm a little perturbed at how easy this would be. Another ugh.

Peace all and may your day go well.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Wednesday morning

I know those urges well, Bee, but as they strike , I keep reminding myself that one sip won't ever be enough -just not worth it. It is hard at times, but the feeling of victory as you walk away unscathed, is unsurpassable!
Keep reminding yourself how good that feels.

And I too have days where I do absolutely nothing. Doing nothing makes me feel bad enough, so I make a point of not feeling bad about feeling bad - rather embrace it and say - today is a flop, but tomorrow I will do better.

We have walked quite a road to get where we are today. Let's you and I embrace that , celebrate that, and may I remind you - you are doing GREAT and you are fantastic

Lots of love XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Administrator

sometimes we have to work our plan a little harder I think. It would folly to lose your way now Be

D
Old 01-29-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Ayers and Dee. I'm thinking I will double down on having some kind of drink in hand in the evenings.

Also Ayers, thanks for the "Don't feel bad about feeling bad". Stopping beating myself up is a good step.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Well finally got my mobile data plan sorted. I meant to do it a few days ago but late is better than never.

Now for 5 min of yoga, try to track down another tax document and cut out a front panel of a petticoat . . . yeah
Old 01-29-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Glad we could help, Bee. My go to drink is soda water and a slice of lemon. When I am somewhere where everyone is having gin, I have my soda with all the goodies put out for the gin drinkers, cucumber, blue berries, mint etc.

I went for the Neuro Diagnostic test on my hand and got the confirmation . The nerve restriction goes from grade 1 to 6 . They usually operate on grade 3 . Mine is grade 5 One instance where a higher score is not necessarily better Called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or something like that. No big deal. Small , quick op. Will get it done soon.

Really wondering about and missing our other classmates. Wonder how Mike is doing, Kitty, Alice ....

Well, have a good day today, be kind to yourself and celebrate life.XXXX
Old 01-30-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Ayers this:

" My go to drink is soda water and a slice of lemon. When I am somewhere where everyone is having gin, I have my soda with all the goodies put out for the gin drinkers, cucumber, blue berries, mint etc."

Sounds like a great way to get a few more helpings of fruits and vegetables!

Also sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel syndrome. Ugh. I do think this is common so there the docs should know what they are doing.

I'm hacking through a grey late January day. A bit of snow last night which brightened up the landscape.

So off for another 30 min of financial projects, 10 min of yoga and cut out some more ruffles for the 1880 petticoat I'm making.

Sober on all!
Old 01-31-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Well, January is in the bag . . . . not one of my favorite months but it went fairly well so I can't complain.

The friend I'm making the 1880 dress for came by for a fitting and we went shopping for some not very exiting things: thread, denim for interlining and plain white cotton shirting.

Sigh . . . butt ruffles make me happy . . . . that might sound like something risqué but I'm talking about bustles.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:43 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ruffles are a brand of potato chips where I live so...
Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Saturday morning

Ruffles, bustles and 1880 petticoats - I am lost. Suppose it is the ruffles/bustles on the petticoat? Or maybe the potato chips Dee mentioned? Either way, is this petticoat for a period play? Sounds interesting , like something out of Little Women

My cotton baby blanket is done and dusted and lovingly giftwrapped for the baby shower today.

My daughter finally resigned from her work yesterday after 18 months of absolute verbal abuse from a less-than-perfect boss , who also doesn't believe in paying market related salaries. She has already landed a new job , double the pay and many lovely incentives. So happy for her. There is nothing worse than knowing/seeing your child being unhappy in the grown-up world and being only able to give advice and support but not much else.

So, today will be a day of chitter- chatter and celebration at the baby shower - positive, good energy. Looking forward to it. I thought about it this morning , how a little more than a year ago , I would be lamenting about how I didn't feel like going. Never felt like going anywhere, doing anything then. How things have changed , and back then I wouldn't have believed it could.

Seize today with both hands (or with one hand , in my case ) and squeeze every drop of goodness out of it. Lay down your head tonight, and smile - because you accepted the gift of another day and exploited it to it's fullest.

Lots of love XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-01-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I'm laughing at the seize the day with one hand . . . . .or whatever you have available!

Yep there are potato chips called ruffles. The petticoat has ruffles across the butt to make the bustle stand out.

My friend wrote a book set in a 1862 Rocky Mountain mining camp. She asked me to make her a dress and I complied. She had no idea that I foam at the mouth about this stuff. Her next book was a biography set in the 1880s so I'm making a dress of that time period.

May you all have a lovely one!
Old 02-01-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Sunday morning

Well, I laughed at "foaming at the mouth" , Bee

Had a truly wonderful day yesterday, catching up with all my friends, hearing about their children, looking at the severely pregnant hostess and marvelling at her journey ahead, waiting to be written - a blank canvas with so many possibilities.

Oh my word - and the food !!! wow. Knocked myself out.

Bee, I would LOVE to see a pic of these extremely interesting outfits you are making. It really sounds amazing. Please share?

Lazy, laid back day planned for today. Lots of love to you all XXXXXX
Old 02-02-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I will try to upload a few photos of the dresses to imgur. I often wish I liked more practical things like finance and/or plumbing but victorian reproduction clothes is my passion.

I've had a few thoughts about my self-talk of late. So much of what I'm doing seems like too little too late. However I know that that type of internal dialogue is to super helpful. I'm pleased with myself if I can get an hour in on finances and then the next day I might do less. I have to remind myself that I deserve credit for managing 15 minutes on days that I was busy with other things.

I've had two days of heavy exercise that left me sore and exhausted. I'm sticking with some light yoga today to try to recover.

So off to do 10 min of yoga, text my brother, and cut out next part of the bodice.

May you all manage to take the next right step today in this journey . . . . I fully accept the idea that going to bed for an entire day may well be the next right step for anyone on any day.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

From an outsiders view you seem very productive BeKind as well as thoughtful and caring to your loved ones.

I think you're doing great - just don't wear yourself out trying to be perfect!

D
Old 02-02-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
- just don't wear yourself out trying to be perfect!

D
Thanks Dee. This is really good advise for me. I have a total double standard for myself and others. It is a type of arrogance.

Here is a picture of my girlfriend wearing the beginning of the bodice and petticoat . . . . more butt ruffles coming soon!!!

https://imgur.com/a/H0BmoKW
Old 02-02-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Monday morning

Looked at the pic. Just lovely ! Where were you when I needed a Steampunk outfit a while ago??

Have you ever thought of starting a costume rental company, Bee. You are so good with sewing - you could so easily start getting outfits together and renting them out !! Or make outfits for school and other plays?

What exactly do you do when you talk about the "finances". Do you do the books (financial statements) for your family business ? It seems to keep you quite busy - is that your job? I get the impression you are much more an artistic type of person, needing to get that artistic flair satisfied? Might be wrong , and maybe I'm saying it because it is true regarding myself . I really, really need to start painting again - the urge is getting stronger day by day.

I agree with Dee, not to wear yourself out trying to be perfect. You are perfect already anyway - just the way you are (((())))

My son is leaving today to do a week long course on Solar energy. And when he get's back , he is going to "shadow" at a very prestigious Advertising agency for a week. We are so thrilled that he's getting the opportunity to do this -bit of a case of "it's who you know" - but when it comes to our kids , we seem to be prepared to lose all inhibitions and pull out all the stops in asking for favours and eat humble pie.

Monday , with it's usual Monday- work- related boring stuff for me today. Chins up - forward march - lots of love to you all xxxxxx
Old 02-02-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

dress looks great Be...all the best for your son Ayers

D
Old 02-03-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Thank you , Dee ((()))