View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Ayers

Saturday morning

Ruffles, bustles and 1880 petticoats - I am lost. Suppose it is the ruffles/bustles on the petticoat? Or maybe the potato chips Dee mentioned? Either way, is this petticoat for a period play? Sounds interesting , like something out of Little Women

My cotton baby blanket is done and dusted and lovingly giftwrapped for the baby shower today.

My daughter finally resigned from her work yesterday after 18 months of absolute verbal abuse from a less-than-perfect boss , who also doesn't believe in paying market related salaries. She has already landed a new job , double the pay and many lovely incentives. So happy for her. There is nothing worse than knowing/seeing your child being unhappy in the grown-up world and being only able to give advice and support but not much else.

So, today will be a day of chitter- chatter and celebration at the baby shower - positive, good energy. Looking forward to it. I thought about it this morning , how a little more than a year ago , I would be lamenting about how I didn't feel like going. Never felt like going anywhere, doing anything then. How things have changed , and back then I wouldn't have believed it could.

Seize today with both hands (or with one hand , in my case ) and squeeze every drop of goodness out of it. Lay down your head tonight, and smile - because you accepted the gift of another day and exploited it to it's fullest.

Lots of love XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX