Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 12

Old 01-13-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi Ayers and Bee..
It surely is a dwindling group but you guys keep it alive. I remember when I couldn't even keep up with this thread back in the early days. A few have been in my Dec 19 class but I haven't heard from JT for awhile, I'm a little worried to be fair.

Ayers, I'm not looking forward to when my partner drinks at a party and I'm sober, he is annoying even when we hav eboth been drinking, not a couple of drinks but from 6 drinks onwards..

Bee, I love your determination to just keep putting one foot in front of the other, it really is amazing..

I've started excerising now that I'm not drinking which is fantastic, feeling really good for it. Plus I need to get fit as I'm walking the camino de Santiago in the North of Spain with my mum in May, minimum 15km a day for 3 weeks.

I don't know what day I'm on now but have had 40 sober days since the start of Dec..so I'm coming along nicely..

Have a great Tuesday guys.
Love Nic
Old 01-15-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Just checking in. So glad to see this thread still going.

Life is so good here. We will be welcoming our first grandchild this July, a baby girl soooooo exciting!!!

As 2020 begins I am so pleased to be sober! Not even a struggle anymore. Who would have thought that I could have conquered this horrid thing. Just goes to show, never give up. Keep trying and trying. The fight is so worth it! Life on the other side is amazing

Wishing you all a wonderful 2020!
Old 01-15-2020, 07:26 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Barbs and Red, so good to see both of your posts.

I still want to drink at nice dinners but rarely at other times. So glad for all of you who haven't given up.

I had a day of grocery shopping and looking after my dad which is pretty much me for the next few months.

May you all be headed into a fine Thursday.

Red, we of course would love to have you back but mostly I want you to do what helps your sobriety the most.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Fantastic to hear from you both Red and Barbs !!!

You both have exciting things to look forward to - Barbs , you are going to become a grandmama , and Red , doing the Camino !!! Something I would love to do .

Bee, as always , the best caregiver on earth. You MUST have angel wings hidden somewhere.

I have office work today , but once I get stuck into it , I actually start enjoying it. I bought myself some coloured paperclips yesterday - I LOVE stationery , stickers, markers, clips, file dividers . Silly, I know, but that's just me.

Have a faaaabulous day today. Lots of love XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-16-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Friday morning

Today is a "me" day . I do feel slightly guilty about it, but only verrrry slightly.

Our yoga class starts again this morning at 8, and going to the salon for my roots and a cut at 12. So , half the day is going to be spent on "moi"

Hope you all are going to have a great day and also do something nice for yourselves XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Has anyone read " A million little pieces"? Busy reading it now. Insightful.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:07 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

No I haven't but it sounds good, I just had a look.

Always good to spend some time for oneself Ayers, enjoy.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning from trailing Western US.

I took my Dad to his lawyer yesterday so have a long list of financial things to take care of.

I've been doing well at working out for the last few days. I was super sore last night which was good. This morning feeling way way better so hope to get after it again today.

Yeehaw and off to do the best I can today.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Another day where I hit the workout pretty well. I led my Dad in 30 minutes of yoga and weight lifting and then went to the workout room for 50 min. Unfortunately I can kind of feel that this is non-sustainable as I don't really like going to gyms by myself.

I've also put in 30 min on reconciling a couple of credit card accounts . . . .so . . . .feeling kind of pleased with myself.

May you all have lovely days doing what you can to live life the best possible.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not good at the gym period, Bekind.
Hope everyone us doing well

D
Old 01-20-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee . . . . exercise, diet and finances are never finished . . . ugh.

I was back to my more normal 30 min of leading my Dad in old man yoga and then a bit of extra on my own . . . .maybe I can find a class or something.

Life has been a bit dull of late. I've been keeping myself deedily employed setting up binders for records in 2020, sewing, knitting and taking care of my dad.

So I'm not drinking and getting through January so really shouldn't complain.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Tuesday morning

Jayy for the yoga, Bee. I wish I could do more than just my Friday class, because it really , really benefits me in so many ways. Keep it up , girl.

As for your admin work - that's just one of those things, isn't it? Something we have to do. Tedious and boring, but necessary .

I'm glad you are sewing and knitting . I often think of you while sitting in front of the tv crocheting. Two of my friends' daughters are expecting and I am making a baby blanket for each of them - pure cotton -
bit hard on my hands - I have an appointment 27th with a Neuro Diagnostician - My one hand is completely numb , has been for months. All the fingers, except my thumb. Suspect it might be my Carpal tunnel - had a bad fall from a horse years ago and hurt my wrist. Anyhow , will see what they say. As long as they don't say I have to stop crocheting

My one basset hound wouldn't come out this morning, cannot put any weight on his one hind leg Wouldn't eat either. So, off to the vet this morning with him.

And going to hang some old CD's in my fig tree to try and scare the birds away. I would LOVE to get to one, whole, ripe fig before they do. They are so bloody cheeky , even when I bang on the window and shout at them, they continue feasting - only looking up to wipe their beaks

Here's to another day SOBER. Just absolutely wonderful !!!!

Lots of love and hugs to you ALLLLLL ((())) xxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get some good medical news Ayers

D
Old 01-21-2020, 09:44 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks (((Dee)))
Old 01-21-2020, 10:44 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Another day where the only big news is that our avocados are ripe . . . .(-; I'm trying to look for little things for which to be grateful.

My Dad wanted to clean up today and our dining room table is littered with Christmas cards and envelopes. I set him the task to sort through them and put all the ones with an address in one pile. I even labeled the piles. This was super challenging for him. I kept having to remind him inspite of the labels. It is probably good for his brain but may be too frustrating for both of us to be worth it.

Other good news . .. . or minor contentments . . . .I figured out the desktop computer wouldn't start as it had become unplugged in the back; I didn't even know that the power cord detached in the back. This discovery saves me a trip to the Mac store hauling a large computer.

So I have done 12 min of yoga and weight lifting, flossed and treated my excess.

Now to text a friend, do a bit more weight lifting, take weights back to weight room and look up some emails from financial advisor.

Onward all with sobriety, adulting and maybe a tiny major joy!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you worked out the computer thing Bekind

D
Old 01-21-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Wednesday morning

Also glad the computer was something minor, Bee.

Ripe avocado's - oh my word - you are one lucky girl. Avo's won't grow here - winters are too cold . So I am wondering ----- you have SNOW in winter , we don't , and you can grow avo's? Are they in a hothouse? Please let me know ?

I overheard someone I know talking at the vet yesterday , that her dad has sold his house and is now selling his clivias before vacating. So of course, promptly put my name on the list for 10 plants - can't wait.

Busy getting all the cashbooks and stuff ready for financial yearend in Feb. Just something that has to happen , so I just put my head down and work at it a couple of hours a day.

Felt like an over reacting mother yesterday at the vet. The Basset went from walking on 3 legs at home , to walking perfectly normal at the surgery. Took both , for their shots. The other one develops instant paralysis the moment the leash is put on --- and he is the heavier of the two. So took my son along to carry the 30kg "baby". Couldn't get the shots - because the one with the hurt leg got antiflam injection. Going to have to do this whole song and dance again in 10 days time to get their vaccines done. Bottomline , if you want to have Bassets, you have to have a son first - to carry them around

Then took them home and went right back with my one cat who is pulling wads of fur from her coat - Not just normal bits now and then - piles of fur!!! got that sorted out. Then a burst irrigation pipe at home -off to the hardware. What a day !

Here's hoping for a wonderful day today for all of you. Hold on, and don't let go XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-21-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope today is less eventful Ayers
Old 01-22-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Burst pipe, cat pulling fur out and a recalcitrant bassett hound . . . you are living the life there Ayers.

As to avocados, they are shipped to my state from California. I buy them in large batches still completely hard and then they all ripen at once and we have a lovely few days when we have to eat tons of avocados before they spoil.

Well I'm off to sew 2 more seams on my niece's Elsa dress and then get out of the house for a maybe bike ride . . . . it is pretty warm today.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Ohhh - the mystery is solved , Bee . Thought you had a tree .

Today , I am doing an experiment on myself . I am going to try - TRY - to do everything differently to the way I normally do. I am prone to habit forming rituals - do things the same way , in the same order , every day.
So, I'm going to shuffle things around and try and do one thing every day that I normally don't do.

Started last night by finding a recipe in a cookbook ( I have so many of them) and that was our supper last night. Just forcing myself out of my "same old same old" routine. Made Jamie's Sticky Lamb Chops - were delicious.

Life has so much to offer - let's all open ourselves up to all the possibilities .

Hold on for today, don't let the reel run , just hold on.
Lots of love XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-23-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey Ayers, I want more tales from Doing it Differently. I'm kind of the opposite in that i would like to get into some good solid habits. I seem to fall off the wagon of most of my habits . . .sigh.

I did go for a bike ride yesterday. It was beautiful in a kind of dismal way lots of grey, beige and a few piles of dirty snow but the setting sun added some gold and silver that reflected off the pond. Ducks taking flight and things like that.

This day has been a bit irritating in that I keep misplacing things. I did go shopping after losing my list. My phone is also missing . . . probably locked in my brother's house . . . ah well . . . life continues.