Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 12

Old 12-31-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Ayers those are wonderful and wise attributes to aspire for and I'm sure you already are or do most of those things..
Isnt it just wonderful to bring in the new year sober..
Much love to you all..
Old 01-01-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Oh yes, Red, the greatest gift of all !!!!! I hope you are in a better place now, after a very sad Chrismas time.

I think of you very often .

Hope you have a wonderful 2020 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-01-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
Oh yes, Red, the greatest gift of all !!!!! I hope you are in a better place now, after a very sad Chrismas time.

I think of you very often .

Hope you have a wonderful 2020 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I must say that yes I am in a better place and it's a great deal of thanks to this place and the people that have helped me through.. I finally feel like I'm a normal human and am finding a wee bit of motivation to do something, even if it is at the end of my holidays...
Old 01-01-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Welcome to 2020 all. May you all have a future 365 nights where you put a sober head on your pillow.

I'm hoping to continue my efforts towards being better about finances. I've been trying to do 20 minutes every morning. More recently I've been trying to plan the day before what I will do in the coming day in terms of finances.

This year, my Dad will probably go into an assisted living facility. This will both free me up and curtail the time I get to spend with him. He is the main family member with whom I spend time. I really dread it happening.

So peace, health and sobriety to you all.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Good to hear that you are in a better place, Red. Sending you love and good energy ((()))

Bee, it will be difficult to adjust to your dad going to an assisted living facility , at first , but you will adjust. See it as a whole new chapter in your life - one where you will have the time to pursue things that make you excited.

We tend to get so stuck into out daily "things we have to do", that we never or seldom get to the "things we WANT to do".

Let's all try and make a little space in our daily routines to do something that makes us truly happy. Just one thing every day.

Sending you all love and hugs XXXXXXXXX
Old 01-04-2020, 07:42 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Thanks Ayers. I keep thinking just about what you said.

I had a lovely dinner with my Dad and a friends tonight. I actually didn't once want to drink which was nice.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Picking up life after the holidays is always a bit challenging for me . . . sigh.

A few of my tasks today were hobbled by mistakes and miscommunications . . . irk . . .so off to load up some canned food for the food bank, do 5 minutes of yoga and tidy the apartment for 15 min . . . . onward all . . . .
Old 01-06-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Has anyone heard from Katy?
Old 01-07-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi Red.

She hasn't posted for a long time, and I haven't heard from her.
Actually quite worried about her.

Also haven't heard from Alice in just as long.

Hope you are doing well ? ((()))
Old 01-07-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
Hi Red.

She hasn't posted for a long time, and I haven't heard from her.
Actually quite worried about her.

Also haven't heard from Alice in just as long.

Hope you are doing well ? ((()))
It's hard when people dissappear as we have no way of msg them apart from here..

I'm OK.. House full of people at the moment but most of them leave tomorrow so that will bring back some peace and quiet..
I'm sober and not struggling with it but I'm very tired..

How are you?
Old 01-08-2020, 09:25 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Red so good of you to check in on us. I saw you joined a recent class. Well done you!

Life is ticking along for me. I've been a bit better the last few days . . . nothing beyond my semi-regular megrims ails me.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Hi Red, Bee and Dee.

I'm doing fine thanks, Red, doing life, stopping every now and then to force some mindfulness into my thinking. So many things to be grateful for. Funny how I need to remind myself of that so often.

Doing an online course on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming).
Very interesting and eye opening. Not rocket-science , just readjusting your thoughts and reactions . Getting rid of presuppositions and biases. Good stuff for someone who is trying to ward off an existential crisis

We can just keep hoping that our other classmates decide to join in again when they feel the need to.

Lots of love and hugs to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-09-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Ayers are you doing the course to help others or self development? I would be very interested in this.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:25 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Ticking along here through one of my less favorite months, January.

I did get to take my nephew to climbing which gave us a chance for a good talk. Lovely.

Hope all is well with all of you.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Friday morning

Hi everyone. Hope you had a good day yesterday and that today is going to be even better.

Red, I'm doing it for myself at this stage. But I think it will automatically wash over to helping others even without my knowing.

Google NLP - there are many , many online courses available. I think NLP links very closely to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy too - as it makes you accutely aware of "what" you are thinking, "why" you are thinking it and how to change it to a more openminded, unbiased opinion.

Lots of love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday morning

Going to my husband's aunt's 90th birthday today. Can you believe it - 90 !!!
Glad you enjoyed the climbing, Bee.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-10-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy your weekend Ayers - and everyone

D
Old 01-12-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Flu season and tax season coalesce to make January a lesser favorite in my book.

I'm giving myself kudos for being an adult today: took down the Christmas Tree, and worked on finances. Also I called a friend I have been out of touch with for awhile. I always feel guilty when Iose touch with people. Somehow I think it is my responsibility.

My Dad's independent living facility is on a kind of lock down because of the flu 14 cases in the building along with another half a dozen employees down for the count.

Other news, my sister will be going into remote villages in AK working on the census. I look forward to hearing stories.

This post seems to have nothing to do with recovery nor drinking. However I wanted to touch base and maintain our dwindling Augustonian group!
Old 01-12-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update bekind
Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Monday morning

Hi Bee and Dee. And anyone else hopefully around.

Bee, yes, flu season - uhgghh - just stock up on the ginger, girl. Have a ginger shot every morning to keep the germs and viruses at bay.
Will be interesting to hear stories from your sister. Excuse the ignorance , but where is AK? Is she the one in Alaska ?

The 90th b'day party was a blast - held at a remote wedding venue . 2 hours drive from home. Obviously lots of elderly people , but also family and extended family. This aunt is just so amazing. Such a lady. With all her wits intact - sharp as anything.

Had trouble getting my darling husband to leave . I was getting anxious - having to drive at night on remote roads, some of them dirt roads. I wear specs when driving , but I am quite night-blind> I very seldom get irritated with people drinking around me - it just really doesn't get to me - but Sat night I did get a bit angry at one stage and realised how drinking affects your sense of reality. I kept telling him we had to leave , and every time I started chatting to someone and returned to him , he would have another full glass of wine infront of him. And just laugh and shrug and say "they" refilled his glass.

Also saw his phone ringing - was on silent - and saw it was our son calling. I asked him why he wasn't answering and he said he is in the middle of a conversation. Now THAT , to me, is the epitome of an intoxicated mind !!! I called my son back and got my hair washed - like reverse rolls - he was saying how irresponsible we are , not answering phones, him worrying himself silly - thought we'd been in an accident.

Oh, what a night. Really thought I could do with a drink when we finally got home after 10 And it brought back such memories . I am/was in no way smug , I really try hard not to judge people who still imbibe, but rather try and remember that that used to be me . Just downright irritating.

(((Alice))) (((Katy))) - please come back !

Some office work today for me
Lots of love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-13-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Ayers it sounds like your evening was both fun and irritating.

It is funny how the child/parent relationship flips. My Dad is a bit like a kid in that he is always losing things and doesn't have much idea of time.

I found out last night that it isn't the flu going around but Noro Virus. Ugh.

We had a great family dinner last night. A cousin brought her new boyfriend over and he and my 13 year old sousing got into talking fly-fishing. Lovely.

In many ways, because of my depression, I don't feel a lot of joy but I'm empathetic enough that I can feel other people's pleasure . . . . I suppose this is a bit weird but it works.