Notices

Class of June 2019 part 3

Old 07-20-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

End of day 45 for me, feeling quite strong about my sober time. It's a weekend and I've been knitting and watching documentaries on a Saturday night lol that makes me sound old. I've had no desire to drink and it's one of the 1st weekends since being sober that I've not been busy doing other things, I thought it may have been hard but so far it's been rather easy.

Abraham - I wouldve been exhausted doing all that manual labour, I can totally understand you having sore feet. I have an office job so not a lot of physical work to be done.

Pete - I hope your baby decides to meet you soon for your wife's sake in that heat but get in as much sleep while you can.

Rose - nearly one month, amazing. How is your trip going?

DJ - must be 51 days now? I can't wait to get there, only 5 more days.

Dizzy - I love the sleep I have now like you, its such an awesome byproduct of being sober.. As well as all the extra time, amazing to realise how much precious time we wasted on drinking. I've managed to knit 1 long scarf and 3 beanies!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone..

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I think if you add knitting and watching a docu in New Zealand, well, then you are just super-cool. And it must be pretty cold there right now: what are you knitting? Hats? Awesome scarves I bet. With groovy colours.

So happy for you Red ~ you sound fantastic.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think if you add knitting and watching a docu in New Zealand, well, then you are just super-cool. And it must be pretty cold there right now: what are you knitting? Hats? Awesome scarves I bet. With groovy colours.

So happy for you Red ~ you sound fantastic.

Happy Saturday everyone.
I knitted a very cool and colourful scarf for my neice, I have knitted 3 ponytail beanies, 1st one I knitted was to take snowboarding last weekend, so yes it's cold but not too much where I live for winter, well this year has been weird with the weather as it should be much colder than this. My next project is knitting a poncho! Maybe a bit above my skill level but will give it a go anyway. Gotta do something with all this free time and I don't wanna do outside work in the rain..
Old 07-20-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Oh how awesome!!!! My mum and sister made the best ponchos....I LOVE them....especially if they are cool colours: a lot of them here are way too dull for me. I actually have one that I got for free from Free People (expensive clothing I adore)....it was sent to me in error, and they said hey, keep it. s
Old 07-20-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

The coloured wool I have isn't bright or exciting but I think it will work as a poncho, I'm just excited to try something that has a lot of different stitch work tbh.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good morning lively June class!
Day 36 for me according to my app.
Lots of work stress for me this week but no temptation to drink.
It did not even cross my mind which is astounding to me.
Went to Trader Joe’s twice, did not even care about the booze aisle.
I did however, loiter in the chocolate area so something else to work on...
Wishing you all a safe, fun and peaceful weekend.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Well Trader Joe's has far too many special items.....I can only imagine what their chocolate aisle looks like. (I don't have one near me, and I am avoiding it because I am afraid I will fall in love with all of the goodies.)

So happy that the wine aisle doesn't pull you anymore ~ what a huge win dear melski!!
Old 07-20-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh TJs is a treasure trove of goodies.
Best not to go in hungry that’s for sure!
Old 07-20-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Still no news to share! Hopefully will come soon! Had a bbq at my dads for his birthday tonight. Everyone was drinking apart from me and the wife. I still find these situations hard but got through it fairly easily! Day 40 tomorrow, maybe baby will come as a reward!
Old 07-20-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
DJ1

Just off to bed
I love reading everyone’s posts were racking up the days congrats everyone

Red great job I used to love to knit maybe I’ll try again once I have more patients lol

Omg Melski TJ I can get seriously fat in that store lol

peterC I keep waiting to see a post saying it’s time baby 😀

Venuscat & everyone night I’ll check back tomorrow 😀
Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I have a feeling we are going to hear from Pete soon....

Old 07-21-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to you all from California.
Supposed to be nice weather here instead of our usual fog and drizzle.
Horses and dogs planned and several new books later.
Curious what benefits/revelations you all are seeing a month + into sobriety?

Here are some of mine;
*Much clearer and less anxious thinking
*Clearer skin, brighter eyes
*Much better sleep
*Saving lots of $$
*The feeling of much greater possibilities for my life, one day at a time
Have a great day all
Old 07-21-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

So basically, everything is wonderful dear melski.
So happy for you. You worked hard to get that month. s
Old 07-21-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I'd like endorse Melski's list (at 30 days sober). And add in just a general feeling of peace of mind that I really appreciate. Why would we ever go back to the bad old days? Anyway congratulations Melski - and all my June compatriots - on sticking with sobriety.

So glad there isn't a Trader Joe's anywhere that I know of in the U.K. because it's clearly a place of the utmost temptation and I'd be bound to give in.

Red - our trip is going well, thank you. We've left the incredible heat and chocolate box beauty of Salzburg behind (including more Mozarts than you can shake a stick at) for the relative cool and calm of the mountains. I'm so pleased that even with a non-social weekend you stuck to your guns on not drinking. I like the sound of your knitting project. When I reach, say, two years sober I'll commissIon a poncho! And of course by that time you'll be more than two years sober!

Hope the week ahead is kind to us all.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 47 today that's ciggies and booze but today is day 2 no nicotine as I have stopped the gum which I have been using for 8 months, I had gum in the day and smoked at night. Omg I did not sleep last night, it was like like my brain was twitching and I couldn't stay asleep, I think it was withdrawls from nicotine.
Let's just say I have warned my work mates that I'm gonna be grumpy, no sleep and no nicotine lol poor things.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Morning all. I hope you all have a good sober week! No news here, past due date so I’m sure it won’t be long
Old 07-21-2019, 11:25 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Morning Pete - hopefully this will be the week for a great celebration in the Petecrab household. Red - good for you. Didn't realise you were doing ciggies as well as booze. It really is the start of a new and better chapter for you.

Day 31 here. Glorious sunshine and hot but not too hot in this part of the world. Sitting on my own with a cup of tea which really must best way to start the day.

Best to all. Venus - I hope your elbow isn't giving you too much pain.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melski View Post
Happy Sunday to you all from California.
Supposed to be nice weather here instead of our usual fog and drizzle.
Horses and dogs planned and several new books later.
Curious what benefits/revelations you all are seeing a month + into sobriety?

Here are some of mine;
*Much clearer and less anxious thinking
*Clearer skin, brighter eyes
*Much better sleep
*Saving lots of $$
*The feeling of much greater possibilities for my life, one day at a time
Have a great day all
My benefits are the same as the ones you have listed, plus one huge benefit was not smoking. I knew if I wanted to give up smoking then I had to quit drinking and so far so good.
I had thought that I would have more energy and motivation by now but I have none, I feel like doing nothing at the end of each work day when I come home, plus I just feel exhausted.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
DJ1

Another week another sober day I have to keep reminding myself how many days weeks it is
Love seeing all your benefits form not drinking & smoking that’s a double dose of. Hard work congrats !
It will be 8 weeks On Thursday starting to see benefits I’ve been dieting at the same time & down 14 lb. since quitting drinking upped my exercise eating way less colonies not having all those empty booze calories has helped!
I. Still super moody one min fine next feel like I’ve lost a boyfriend
Hubby still driving me crazy! But maybe that was one of the reasons I drank so I could numb my feelings !! Starting to work on what makes me happy in life but it’s so early in sobriety I don’t want to put to much pressure in myself

Red I agree I have energy next zero I’m still super tired all the time

But in the end I’d rather be where I am today even with all the added. Emotional feelings & roller coaster

Still waiting to see a post saying we have a baby Petecrab

Have an amazing day week everyone
Old 07-22-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I was tired for maybe 3 months the last time I got sober (after a two-month relapse). And then it just got better....our bodies are all different, and hey, some of us aren't kids anymore and I know for me my age figured into how long I was tired. But I checked my vitamins and things like that...drinking lots of water helps me when I am tired....never coffee in the afternoon....things like that. But I had to learn....when I got sober in 2008 (yep, a lot of tries for me...) I did 90 in 90 and you know what meetings are like....coffee to the max. And I don't like decaf, so I was drinking coffee at night. And then I wasn't sleeping well. Weird dreams...I had to learn to listen to my body and start giving it what it needed.

Hoping we hear from baby today.
Sending so much love to your wife dear Pete. xx