Notices

Class of June 2019 part 3

Old 07-17-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose335 View Post
Red - 42 days. That is brilliant. I am envious and can't wait to get there so don't let us down by caving in now! Day 27 for me and I'm so looking forward to finally hitting the 4 week mark tomorrow. I wish everyone a good day .
27 days is amazing, before you know it you will be in the 40+ days..
Some days are easy but those stressful days really becoming tempting due to our old coping mechanism..
Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Rose - and anyone else hitting a milestone today

D
Old 07-17-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - today begins day 23. My sleep has been amazing and I'm starting to discover I have more time on my hands. Thankfully staying busy with lots of obligations and filling downtime with extra dog walks, cooking, reading, etc. Really looking forward to getting back into some of my old hobbies! In time, I suppose.

Makes me happy to see you all doing so well. Keep it up! And congratulations on your progress.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Glad to see you all here today!
A month + for me and wishing everyone a great day.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Going away today for two weeks today but we will generally have internet access so I will keep on posting. This will be my first ever (within living memory!) trip away without alcohol. I've set myself a series of daily goals to keep sober, the first of which is to ignore the lure of the mini bar at the hotel this evening. Not that the idea is very alluring since I experienced the wonderfulness of being sober but still, best to be prepared. Was disappointed to realise that I'd been a bit premature in celebrating day 27 yesterday: I was actually on Day 26! Still, 4 week target will be met at the weekend.

Dizzybee - look forward to celebrating on my return you having hit your 30s in terms of alcohol free days. And Melski, your 40s. And Red and DJ1 - your 50s. And Newbeginning your 70s! Good as it gets. Good luck also with your next month alcohol-free Abraham and I hope work has gone well. Venus - quick hello to you.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

^^^ I just quickly changed my post in the 24-hr thread....I had you at 4 weeks today: now it will be tomorrow. s
Old 07-18-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Oh how thoughtful of you, Venus. I shall look forward to reading that!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi all. Good to see so many still posting. Still going strong my end, just waiting for this baby to arrive. The heat is making the wife very uncomfortable!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

oh my gosh, I bet....she must be due in a week??? xx
Old 07-19-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Petecrab - hope the baby does your wife a favour and arrives soon. Doesn't s/he know we are having an uncharacteristically hot few days!

I finally get to say it: one whole month without alcohol. I never would have guessed the time would go as quickly as it has or that it would prove so doable. I do know it's early days and I'm not at all complacent but I'm just allowing myself a moment! This would not have been possible without all my SR fellow travellers. Huge thanks to you all. Hope everyone has the best of days.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
DJ1

Not sure why I’m up so early lol
But today marks 50 days

I congrats Rose

Petercrab hope baby arrives soon
Old 07-19-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Rose and DJ1

D
Old 07-19-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose335 View Post
Petecrab - hope the baby does your wife a favour and arrives soon. Doesn't s/he know we are having an uncharacteristically hot few days!

I finally get to say it: one whole month without alcohol. I never would have guessed the time would go as quickly as it has or that it would prove so doable. I do know it's early days and I'm not at all complacent but I'm just allowing myself a moment! This would not have been possible without all my SR fellow travellers. Huge thanks to you all. Hope everyone has the best of days.
Nice job Rose you're amazing! I'm glad we are having cold weather, much easy to give up the booze for me..
Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Ooooh, exciting times! I love seeing everyone tick up the days. Feels so good to be here! Realized on my walk this morning this is my longest stretch in over 2 years. Praying for the strength to keep going. Had an urge last night and reminded myself it's only temporary, rode it through and sure enough it passed.

Rose, can't wait to hear how an alcohol-free getaway worked for you. I have reflected on my many trips that I spend drinking the whole time, and I wonder what lovely details I missed because of that. I bet you have a wonderful time! Keep up the amazing work.

Petercrab, sending you and the wife happy, healthy vibes. How lovely for this little human to be born to an alcohol-free parent! What an incredible inspiration.

DJ congrats on 50 days! Amazing!

Make it a wonderful day, everyone
Old 07-19-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey class of June, happy Friday.
So nice to see everyone chiming in and congrats on all the milestones and breakthroughs.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Well no news today. Baby still in there. We really want it to come before the heatwave starting Monday! Thanks for the well wishes. Will keep you updated. And it feels amazing to be sober from day 1 with this child!
Old 07-19-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Baby is thinking: I hear this heatwave is going to be tough....might just stay here for a bit....so lovely and cool....all nutrients supplied..... s

Really happy for you my friend....for all of it. s
Old 07-19-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hello June class. Hope all is well. I just got off my first week back to work. I dont think my feet have ever hurt so much. I had been laid off for 8 months so I'm not it top form yet but even the foreman who has been working said his legs were sore. Working in this giant chrysler paint plant getting in about 17000 steps(about 8.5 miles) a day. Burning about 1700 calories a day with 198 minutes of active time. According to my phone at least. I'm not sure how the phone knows cuz even when I'm not walking I am still working hard and up and down ladders etc.... The whole 10 hrs is active time. Either way I'm grateful to be back at work. I should move on to an easier job soon. This ones killing me. Oh have a great weekend. When I make it to sunday I will have 6 weeks sober.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the work week and 6 weeks down Abraham

Have a great sober weekend everyone

D
Old 07-20-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

dizzybee - longest stretch in 2 years?! That is impressive. Red, DJ1, Abraham, Melski - you are all clocking up serious milestones. Petecrab - I can't remember how many days you have reached but I'm sure congratulations are due and the idea of your baby being born to a sober dad is really wonderful. Just to think, he or she will never know that other dad.

Day 29 for me, so knocking on the door of 30.

I wish everyone and lovely weekend. Keep us informed Petecrab.