Notices

Class of June 2019 part 3

Old 07-08-2019, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2019 part 3

Last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html (Class of June 2019 part 2)

D
Old 07-08-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Rose. I do think this time I'm more committed:-)

Day 28! Feeling good too:-)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DJ1

Morning just checking in on everyone
Hope everyone is doing well
Odd I’m back to being tired & not sleeping again grr
Day 39 ❤️
Old 07-08-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Checking in from California.
I so enjoy reading everyone's posts and appreciate that we can be so honest about our process and experiences.
Hearing about what others are feeling/experiencing is very comforting for me.
I am struck by our core similarities, even leading different lives and locations.
It makes me feel less alone.
Made it to and through Trader Joe's again this weekend with only a fleeting thought about the alcohol aisles. That was big for me.
Yesterday was tough, lots of anxiety and self-recrimination about everything.
I did not drink though and I will not drink today.
Day 25 here.
Happy Monday all.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - I know I haven't posted but as I'm on day 14 (!!!) I'd like to join in on the June class. May this be my last join attempt, may my sobriety stick! With resolve on a daily basis, that's all I've got to do.

Feeling wowed by daily miracles, and so happy to be here for it. Congrats to you all on another sober day.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello again dearest dizzybee.
So happy to see you!!! xx

And love to everyone....and I am really glad that you feel a bit better Abraham. s
Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Make that totally better venuscat. 72 hrs off that med and I am back to my normal self, in all regards . I suspect part of the reason she gave me that med is to lower my heart rate because it was 104 at the office. I was nervous and only 5 days into a quit. I'm sure my pulse was inflated cuz of that. Who knows but my pulse is into the 60's and 70's now without the new med.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi dizzybee - nice that you've joined the class. Welcome. Zombie - that sounds more like the voice of resolve! Excellent - you're obviously going to stick with it and I'm so glad. And glad also to hear you're feeling back to normal, Abraham.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome Abraham.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Abe!

Day 28 and wow was I wrecked after work. Actually, the entire day I felt pretty crap but that's life. I had started to get a bit of a headache at lunch and it just didn't shift, got home, did the usual getting the dog out. Felt so drained I took an nap which I never do during the working week as I'll probably not sleep well tonight but after it I felt so much better.
Hope everyone has a good sober day :-)

​​
Old 07-08-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gosh I love naps. xx
Are yo remembering to drink plenty of water dear Zombie?
I always get a bit of a headache when I am dehydrated.....just a thought.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Surprisingly tough day

Hey everyone. I’m on day 45ish (5/25) and was really surprised at how difficult today was. After an active weekend where I felt semi-normal, I felt like a zombie today. And my sweet-tooth resurrected itself with a vengeance. I think that’s essentially all I’ve eaten today. And whoever introduced the Perfect Peanut Butter Protein bars at Starbucks should be fired. Wow. I worked from home today - and by that I mean I watched Seinfeld episodes while answering a few emails. And I just ordered a pizza - I think I’m regressing to college days. After 25 years of secret vodka consumption, and several failed attempts at quitting, I’m now starting to understand that following every good batch of days will come a pay-day where everything falls apart... confusion, mind fog, inability to concentrate, irritability, crazy hunger. I’m reading a book preaching the power of ‘now’ - I’m not sure I could grasp the concept of ‘now’ today.

Hoping tomorrow (and every day after) will be better.

Smiles!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome dizzybee
Congrats to everyone on their milestones - and glad you're feeling better Abraham

D
Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohbrowat View Post
Hey everyone. I’m on day 45ish (5/25) and was really surprised at how difficult today was. After an active weekend where I felt semi-normal, I felt like a zombie today. And my sweet-tooth resurrected itself with a vengeance. I think that’s essentially all I’ve eaten today. And whoever introduced the Perfect Peanut Butter Protein bars at Starbucks should be fired. Wow. I worked from home today - and by that I mean I watched Seinfeld episodes while answering a few emails. And I just ordered a pizza - I think I’m regressing to college days. After 25 years of secret vodka consumption, and several failed attempts at quitting, I’m now starting to understand that following every good batch of days will come a pay-day where everything falls apart... confusion, mind fog, inability to concentrate, irritability, crazy hunger. I’m reading a book preaching the power of ‘now’ - I’m not sure I could grasp the concept of ‘now’ today.

Hoping tomorrow (and every day after) will be better.

Smiles!
Smiles back, and hello, lovely to meet you. s
Old 07-08-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 34 today. Just checking in so this thread comes up in my subscriptions lol
Old 07-08-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
Morning just checking in on everyone
Hope everyone is doing well
Odd I’m back to being tired & not sleeping again grr
Day 39 ❤️
I have noticed things come in waves at least for me energy levels will be amazing then feel very sleepy. Good news is my highs get higher every time along with my lows. Even when I am at my tiredest now much better than the first weeks of recovery.PAWS can last for awhile but for sure gets better keep up the good work!
Old 07-08-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yea, thanks dee and everyone. Now that I stopped the med if it comes back I will at least know its something else. Over the past 10 or so days I lost 5 lbs initially then gained it back in the few days I felt better and after this last stint I am down 10 lbs. Already back up a few pounds. Finally ate normal today, and kept down all of it. Just got back from a nice walleye dinner with the inlaws. My sister and bro in law were drinking beers. I was even talking beer with them. I had water. Then when I got home I realized I had not even thought about the beer. No wishing I had one or anything. I was just conversing and enjoying. While yes its not easy to quit drinking its funny how hard my AV wanted me to think it was, and now I know(learned) better. Going for some chocolate ice cream, with chocolate syrup, nuts, and wip cream. With a glass of chocolate milk. Hey I'm down 8 pounds in the last week I can afford the calories. lol. Have a good night (for me in eastern standard time) or day. June 2019 class. Day 29 in the bag. Officially a month(june 10th-july10) on Wed. Then I can start counting by the month.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
DJ1

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
I have noticed things come in waves at least for me energy levels will be amazing then feel very sleepy. Good news is my highs get higher every time along with my lows. Even when I am at my tiredest now much better than the first weeks of recovery.PAWS can last for awhile but for sure gets better keep up the good work!
Thanks Newbeginning yea it’s odd one day I’m on cloud 9 then a few days later bam hit with full on depression ! More I read up on PAWS it’s scary
I’m glad I’m able to get back to my exercise & running sober is awesome!

Congrats to you as well! Keep up the great work one day at a time!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad to see this class still going strong! On day 60 now! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 60!!!! WOW.....just awesomeness. s