Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 11

Old 07-18-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Erratic, the UC and Crohn’s disease can be greatly elevated with the Auto Immune Paleo Diet. Look into it. People swear by it and I’m supposed to be on it for my condition.

its not easy but could send the stuff into remission, especially UC, and then take it from there.

Good luck

viper 🐍
Old 07-18-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

thanks viper its bit late for my husband now but will keep it in mind for my daughter xx
also watch yourself viper on that bike of yours, glad you wasnt badly hurt but still watch what your doing hun xx

thanks also daisy x
just posting a quick one today x so all have a good day x
Old 07-18-2019, 10:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning all, i hope everyone's okay today. Its a miserable, wet morning, I hope it brightens up.
I got 2 calls yesterday afternoon within an hour of each other, about the repairs to my car. In the first one the lady said the parts had been ordered, the technicians work all weekend and I would get a call at the beginning of next week to let me know how it was going. I missed the second call and a voicemail was left for me saying the repairs were completed and asking me to call them back and arrange re-delivery of my repaired car today!! I called back but they were closed. So let's see what today brings.

Good to see you posting Viper, but ouch your poor bones after your tumble, I bet you'll be sore today, you might find you have some bruising that you didn't know about. Maybe take it easy for a couple of days now until you feel better. Thank goodness you were sober.
Glad your appointment with your APRN went well.

Hi Erratic, I thought I might have beat you here this morning as I've been up since 5.30 but no here you are.
Re your husband, it's never too late to change but the thing with U.C and Crohns is that there is no one thing that triggers a flare up, what one person can't tolerate another has no problems with, it's all a bit trial and error.

I'm off now to peruse the board, see you all later. Have the best Friday you can. xx
Old 07-18-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

I wrote a post yesterday when I got home and lost it grrr and was too tired to write again. Am back from work and now have 10 days off, yipee!! We are going to my parents this weekend, looking forward to that. My younger sister is a fantastic singer and she is singing with others at a fete on Sunday which has lots of stalls and stuff for kids to do. I am so close to both of my sisters and since I have been sober my relationship with them has grown even stronger. They are both so supportive of me and proud of me. I am very blessed. Not really sure what is going on with my brother. He has been off work sick for months as he has a really bad neck but is recovering. He isntl't doing cocaine but is still drinking and slowly been slipping back down to the pub and this pub is a regular haunt for his drinking and cocaine taking "mates" and that saying about if you hang around a barbers alot sooner or later you are going to get a haircut! But my brother isn't my responsibility and I can only pray for him and love him.

I am doing my step 5 today. So basically that means I go through my step 4 with my sponsor. Step 4 is "a fearless and moral inventory of myself". Split into 3 parts: resentment, fears and sex.

So in resentment I list all the people I am resentful to, why I have the resentment, what it affected in me (personal relationships, sex relations, emotional security, financial security, ambitions, pride, ego) and "my part" :where have I been selfish, self-serving, dishonest or afraid. It was quite a big eye opener!!!!!! And i realise alot of my resentments were born out of fear. Alot of the resentments I had, i found had naturally disappeared with time, some are stronger than others. I pray for everyone on my list and even my strongest resentments have practically disappeared. It is actually pretty amazing stuff because I do not want to carry resentments as the only person they hurt are me! So I will let you know how it goes.

Vipe, your HP was definitely looking out for you buddy!! I am glad you are ok. I really identify when you say it has taken a year of sobriety to start getting to the bottom of your illness. Even though I dont suffer with what you have, I am starting to get straightened out now and it wasnt an overnight matter. Putting the alcohol down was just tbe beginning for me. I am so, so grateful that I stuck with sobriety all the times I wanted to drink. The initial benefits of not drinking are immediate: no hangovers, no feeling suicidal, despair, terror, but for this alcoholic I needed a good amount of sober time to really even begin to sort myself out. Thank you all for being so supportive and part of my journey and letting me be a part of yours ❤❤

Ugh I can hear the little boy upstairs screaming and crying and running around and just heard her open her kitchen window which overlooks my back garden. She is nearly always there in the kitchen, smoking. She is not there to look at me, I am not that arrogant lol, but I still feel watched when I am out in my garden. See, resentments never end, you get rid of them and new ones pop up which is why this programme is daily for me. I will pray for them both. 🙏🙏

What is everyone else up to at the weekend? X
Old 07-18-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

hello to all you guys

D
Old 07-19-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I have been struggling with maintaining any sort of sobriety over the last few months. I think the most I've had is 8, maybe 9 days. I'm on another Day 1 and I'll tell you I'm pretty darned scared. I feel very out of control right now.
I'm getting ready to look for outpatient treatment centers in my area. I really need help!
Old 07-19-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Kgirl!! I almost forgot about you. Get back here and keep posting. You’ll always be part of this group. Get the help you need. It’s not easy for any of us. But I think I remember you had plenty of sober time to see how the nightmare starts to fade away.

I’m not feeling very positive lately. This tiredness and everything has me down. I feel hopeless. I don’t feel much of anything really. Just blank. But I don’t feel there is much of a future for me.

Im told to just stay the course and everything is temporary.

V
Old 07-19-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Dee.

Kgirl..sending you prayers of strength and courage. Your story is a stark reminder of what can happen if we pick up again. And it has helped keep me sober today. Do whatever it is you feel you have to do. This is your life you are fighting for. Those early days for me were hell. I wanted to drink so badly. I am not even sure how how I managed to get through those days. I prayed alot. I begged God to not let me to pick up a drink. I ate lots of candy. I went to AA meetings. I posted daily here. I screamed and shouted. I watched alot of netflix and read alot of recovery literature, mainly the Big Book and the AA Daily reflections. I read one every morning. I watched programmes on alcoholism and read books that explained alcoholism. I went to bed early. I took naps in the day. I remember one night in particular. It was a Friday night and I had work the next day. My daughter was picked up by her dad and I was alone. I needed to pack and tidy around and I would have always gone and got wine to "help" me get through my chores. Suddenly I was stood in my living room and I had such an immense craving for a drink. We call it the mental obsession in AA. So I prayed. GOD, please do not let me drink. Remove this obsession from me. Then i went to the cupboard and got my daughters strawberry laces and stuffed them into my mouth! Then I looked up AA meetings. There was a newcomers meeting starting in about half an hour. I stuck my flip flops on and walked the 15 mins. At the end of the meeting I shared. I said how much I had wanted to drink and that I prayed, stuffed candy on my mouth and came to the meeting instead. I would never have done that in the past but my last drunk nearly killed me. I had to do whatever it took. And still do although it is getting easier now. Stay close to SR. Come and post here. You have my number you can message me or call me if the mental obsession is on you. Talking to another alcoholic takes the power out of the obsession and restores us to sane thinking. Ie; making us aware where just one drink takes us. As when we are in the obsession, we are in insane thinking. I know you can do this.

Hey Vipe, so sorry you are feeling like this but yeh definitely keep hanging in there my lovely.

I started my step 5 with my sponsor today. I felt quite emotional about it. After all these are things I haven't ever shared with anyone. My deepest, darkest feelings. We didnt get it all finished today, it will probably take 3 or 4 sessions. But I feel so much lighter for it. And I also feel really different towards my sponsor. Closer to her. She has really helped me and she never ever gave up on me. As you all know my feelings have been up and down around her which is all part of my journey I believe. I M glad she is my sponsor and glad she is the one I can share this stuff with.

Then I went to yoga which is lovely. I love it! I am not that good at it but I am a beginner and it doesnt matter. I do my workout for me, nobody else. It is really good for my body AND my mind. Tonight me and Seren are just chilling. I am watching the Tudors but last night I fancied a change and so I started watching a documentary series on Netflix called Wild, wild, wild country. Omg!!!! It is just such an unbelievable story. I cant stop watching. Looking forward to going to bed to continue it!

Well, that's all from me. Another sober day, what a miracle. 🙏❤🙏❤
Old 07-19-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thank you Vipe, I'll stick around here and also post on the July board. My sobriety seems like a lifetime ago even though it was really only a few months ago. It's crazy how quickly you get right back to where you were. I guess my stubborn head needed to struggle through it again before I could accept that I have no control. I have two choices....drink alcoholically or don't drink.

Suze - thank you. Your post provided me exactly the words I need right now. I'm so proud of you and how far you have come and now you are making your way through the steps. I was starting to do that a bit before my relapse. It is hard work to get sober and even harder to stay sober. and you my friend are doing it so well!! You are an inspiration <3
Old 07-19-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a happy safe and sober weekend folks

D
Old 07-19-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, it's very late so I'm just doing a very quick check in.

Suze, I'm sorry about your brother, it doesn't sound like he's in a very good place, but you're so right, he isn't your responsibility, only he can turn his life round. Remember the 'sick man' prayer.
Step 5 sounds very intense but I would imagine that it is also very cleansing. Good luck with it.
Try not to let the little boy upstairs get to you, I know it's infuriating, but it shouldn't be for much longer now, just bear with it.

Hello Dee, have a good weekend. x

I'm sorry you're not feeling your best Viper but I know how strong you are and I know you won't let it beat you.

Kelley (( big hugs)) I'm so glad you posted and I know how hard it must have been to do that, it just goes to show how strong you are. All those sober days you had aren't wasted, you learnt a lot and now you need to use everything you learned to stay sober. You deserve so much more than being drunk every day. Start now, you can do this and we are right here beside you walking the walk.
Please stick with us, you're a big part of our little April family, post in the July class too of course. Do whatever it takes and take all the help that is offered. You will do this.

Sleep well, back tomorrow. xxxx
Old 07-19-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you Daisy, I have so much gratitude for this group. You guys have always been here for me...I just can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me!
I hope everything is going well for you, I have missed your updates. All of you! I have missed sobriety and this group. I've been in a very dark place trying to make my way out. I don't feel very strong right now but I am definitely leaning on all I learned before. I've made a plan for this weekend and I am fighting for sobriety and my life back!!
Hugs to you Daisy <3
Old 07-20-2019, 01:15 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post

Suze - thank you. Your post provided me exactly the words I need right now. I'm so proud of you and how far you have come and now you are making your way through the steps. I was starting to do that a bit before my relapse. It is hard work to get sober and even harder to stay sober. and you my friend are doing it so well!! You are an inspiration <3
Awww this means alot to me!! I never in a million years would have thought I could be an inspiration to anyone wanting to quit drinking. I tried and failed many many MANY times. I was so broken at the end. I just completely surrendered. Alcohol had me beat and I knew it would kill me and I realised I didnt want to die. The path hasn't been and I have wanted to drink many times however the mental obsession did leave me about 5 months ago. That real gnawing obsession where I used to feel like I was possessed by an alcohol craving demon lol. The obsession turned more into strong thoughts. My mind wanted the ease and comfort of a few drinks. But a few drinks isnt a luxury I can afford as I know where they will take me. The steps are changing me. They are teaching me to live peacefully and serenely without alcohol. For me personally, I dont think I would have been able to stay sober without doing the steps as I needed to change my thinking completely. I was so full of resentment and anger and would surely pick up a drink again of I was not free of it. I have had my ups and downs with AA or rather with some of the personalities in AA but it has saved my life. All I needed to be was (HOW) Honest, open and willing.

We are all here for you. I am not immune to picking up a drink. I have to work my programme daily. And I pray that I will never pick up a drink again, one day at a time, but I know I would get support here if I ever did and that means so much to me.

If you feel that obsession come on, COME HERE AND POST. We will help you get through it.

🙏❤🙏❤
Old 07-20-2019, 02:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Morning.

Well it's a grey wet day here in the south of England ugh! But I will not let the weather dampen my spirits. I am grateful to be waking sober and hangover free ☺️ I had a late night last night and it felt really naughty. Usually late nights equaled drinking so I felt a bit guilty and then gave myself a good talking to. I was like "snitch, you are an adult, it's ok to go to be late on a friday night!" It was hardly rock n roll. I was just having a netflix and amazon prime binge fest whilst eating peanut m&m's. Hardly rock n roll but that's ok. Have had enough of the rock n roll lifestyle to last a lifetime!!!

I am feeling really well this morning. I think Its a combination of my new meds, my step work, and yoga. Today, I actually have zero desire to drink at all. I dont WANT to drink. I was chatting to my sister earlier and she had had an implant in her mouth for a new tooth and she said she cant drink for a week and I felt this little knot in my stomach cos that would have been hell for me, trying to get through a whole week not drinking. And I just felt so grateful to not have to go through that. Although my sister isnt an alcoholic so as much as she loves a drink, being told she cannot drink for a week doesn't bother her!

We are being picked up by my dad this morning and staying at theirs tonight. Looking forward to seeing everyone, especially my niece and nephew.

Have a great Saturday everyone. X x
Old 07-20-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Suze - you party animal!! You should feel so ashamed!! lol Thank you for a good laugh and I cannot tell you how envious I am of your late night rock n roll. Sounds amazing....truly and sincerely.

Enjoy your time with the family!
Old 07-20-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is ok.

I am just off to bed. I have had a very lazy day at my parents, just stuffing my face basically. They always have loads of treats here and I am powerless over them lol. But it's nice to just come here and chill out and see my niece and nephew. My brother had a bbq but I didnt want to go. Even though the weather brightened up it was a but chilly in the air and I knew my brother and his wife would be drinking and I do not feel triggered or tempted around others that drink well at least not them, but I just didn't particularly want to be around drinking people, because even though my brother is good company and will have fin with the kids it is still about the alcohol with him and I just didnt feel like being around that this evening. So my little girl stayed and my mum made us a steak and chips dinner at home. Delicious.

You know, my posts are fairly boring. I dont really get up to that much but as I lie here in bed I feel quite content at this moment in time. Just content to have a drama free life. It is so far removed from the chaotic life I used to be in. So I am a happy sober bunny this evening.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend whatever you are up to 💞💞
Old 07-20-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

An early good morning to you all and I hope you're all okay. I did come here to post last night but decided I was far too tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I went to bed. I've been awake since about 4 a.m because I was just too hot and restless so I thought I may as well just get up, make myself a coffee and post.
I was out gallivanting last night, I went to watch my mum's choir singing in their annual concert, they did well considering most of them are in their 70's and 80's. My Auntie went, my dads sister and it was quite poignant to be with her, I kept looking at her and seeing my dad. She bought a couple of photo's of me with her that I've never seen before, I was only 2 on them and she was about 16. We were sat on the grass in my grandparent's garden and though I don't remember myself at 2, I remember the garden well.
I won the strangest thing I've ever won in a raffle at the concert, I won a box of hair dye! Dark brown, which would have been my colour apart from I've gone much lighter now! I'll re-gift to someone or give it to the charity shop.

((kelley)) I'm so, so glad that you've come back to us, you've been very missed here, like I said before you're part of our little cyber April family and we all look out for each other. Each and every one of us here have been where you are now, we know how bad you feel and we know that dark place you've been in. I for one, have been there many, many times and I don't ever want to go back there and I'm sure you don't either.
I'm glad you've made a plan for the weekend, that's a good start. Be a bit kinder to yourself too. Come and post here when you get the urge to drink and let us help you. Choice is the most powerful tool we have to stay sober, everything boils down to choice. We need to want to stay sober more than we want to drink, that's our choice.
Gratitude is a major tool for me and has played a massive part in my recovery. No matter how bleak things look there is always, always something to be grateful for. I post on a couple of the gratitude threads and they help me so much to stay grounded.
You can do this Kelley, I know you can, we are always here for you.

Suze, you are an inspiration to all of us, you're like a breath of fresh air on a gloomy day. You have such an amazing way of writing your posts, you have me riveted at times with your honesty and openness. You have a way with words.
I know you've had your ups and downs with A.A, but you've shared your thoughts with us and sounded us out and to be honest A.A really suits you. I'm looking forward to reading about your progress on step 5.
Anyway I'm glad you're feeling so much better in yourself, you sound good and I hope you and Seren are having a lovely weekend with your parents and family. I hope the rain keeps away today, it was torrential here yesterday.
Oh and by the way, your posts are never boring, ever.

Morning Erratic, I don't know if you're in work today, if so I hope it passes quickly for you. If not, get posting and let us know how you're doing. I hope those meds are working their magic.

Thinking about you Viper, I hope your aches and pains after your motorcycle tumble have eased and I hope you're feeling better in yourself generally.

Hope you're having a good weekend Dee. x

You are all very special to me and I hope you all have an amazing Sunday. xxxx
Old 07-21-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks Daisy

I'm waking up to Day 3 today. I was really tired again when I woke up this morning and had some brief thoughts of not working my program. Ultimately though I know that I have to work for sobriety. Every day and especially this early on. Over the past few months I've said "I'm not drinking anymore' SOOO many times and at most I would maybe get one or two posts out here but if I'm honest with myself I was NOT working it. And over and over again I relapsed.

Just a few days ago I was in an extremely dark place. Hungover, I felt hopeless, beat down and I surrendered. I have accepted fully that I have no control over alcohol. That's the easy part because well duh of course I have no control. Now I have to make sobriety my priority and work at it every day. But I'm ready and relieved to know I don't ever have to feel that way again. But I also know how easy a relapse can happen if I don't stay diligent in working a program.
Sorry, I'm rambling. Thank you all for being here. You remind me that I can do this and you all are an inspiration of what's to come. Love and hugs to all of you
Old 07-21-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Kelley, for me day 3 was the worst, once I got that day out of the way things started to very, very, very slowly come together. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you will find your way through it all. Feel free to ramble, as you call it, it's good to get it off your chest. Remember, it's just for today. xxxxx
Old 07-21-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs Kgirl and a big hello to everyone ! I havnt drank since April and feeling strong right now. Another busy tourist season and many hours at work, but I'm going strong X hugs to all x