Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 11

Old 07-30-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, it's a bit of a quiet one here, I hope you're all okay.

I'll check in again later, have a lovely day all of you. xxx
Old 07-31-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAISY!!!!!!!! XXXXX

sry didnt post yesterday was a bit bz as hub is on hols again this week and i took my eldest nephew and wife to my mum and dads for lunch and a chat x

my appointment with alcohol guy went good we had an hr long talk about a number of things and ended up on a positive note.

i will leave it there just now x

thinking of you all and DAISY HAVE A GREAT BDAY !!!!!
Old 07-31-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Day 2 in LA for me and leaving here in about 7 hours. It's only 6am. I haven't done much this trip. I have felt exhausted. It was such an early report time, plus a long flight which was really busy and then an 8 hour time change. It wipes me out!

So I walk into my briefing room and there is a guy there that I did a really boozy trip with about 3 months before I get sober. He says hi to me and says "I cant remember what trip we did but I know you're a p*sshead". I said "err WAS. I dont drink anymore." Ahhhhh it felt so great to say that. And to not be that person anymore. And also, I dont feel like I am missing out on anything now. I am glad I am sober not just because I am not living in hell anymore but because I love seeing the world with clear eyes and feeling my emotions even the bad ones. I love being present.

Someone posted a thread on here a few months ago and they asked, if you could drink "normally" would you? And I replied yes. Today my answer would be no. How amazing is that? I don't want alcohol in me full stop. I want to be fully present for the rest of my life.!!

Daisy, is it your birthday today?? If so I hope you have a wonderful day! What are you up to?

Keep going Nichole. It really is a hard battle at first but stick with it. Look at me??? I never ever would have thought that I would say I love not drinking!! I am absolute 100% proof that it gets easier and better. You deserve this!

Viper, where are you??

Erratic you too! Never give up. I know you can do this.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all okay, I'm just doing a quick pre bed check in, I've just had a bath, washed my hair and I'm very tired.

Thank you so much Erratic and there was me trying to keep it quiet, lol. I had a lovely day, nothing too exciting, just lunch with my mum and the 3 g.children but that's okay, I've had enough drama to last a life time.
Aww it was good of you to take your nephew and wife to your mums, is this the same nephew who got married the other week?
I'm glad that your appointment with the alcohol guy ended on a positive note, he will know the best way to go about helping you and you must think he's okay if you spent an hour talking with him. Onwards and upwards.

Have a safe journey home Suze, I can understand why you are tired.
I'm glad you were able to put that guy right in your briefing room, he was probably hoping for a replay.
I don't want to drink either, I have absolutely no desire to drink alcohol again and long may it stay this way, I drank enough in the past to sink a ship.
Yes it's my birthday and I had a nice one thank you, drama free just the way I like it! I will probably go for a meal with Mr D.B at the weekend.

Goodnight all, see you tomorrow. Much love to all of you. xx
Old 07-31-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Daisy

D
Old 07-31-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in x

guess its that time of the week again where i work x

glad u had nice day daisy x
good to see u snitch x thats not so nice u feeling exhausted hun x hope when u get back u can rest up x

it was my eldest nephew whose wedding i missed due to my sister 4yrs ago which all stems from then to my nephew wedding i went to in june x

nvm i am off again to get another cup of tea x

hope you all have a good day xx
Old 07-31-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.

Good morning Erratic, I remember you saying about about the problems with your sister and the wedding 4 years ago. Families eh?
I hope work flies by for you.

I'm going to a Safari Park today with my g.children's other granny ( my bestie), really looking forward to it. We're driving round the park ourselves but going on the baboon bus to look at the baboons as last time we went the other granny used her car and they ripped the front lights out!

Back later, have a good Thursday, love to you all. xx
Old 08-01-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in again x

guess everyone is bz which is good to see x

usual work day for me x so going off to have another cup of tea.

thinking of you all and hope your all well x
Old 08-01-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a good day erratic
Old 08-02-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and I hope to find you all good and well. I did check in last night to post but decided I was just too tired and needed to go to bed. I went to a safari park yesterday with the other grandmother ( my bestie) and the 3 g.children plus a borrowed one, so I had a really busy, but amazing day. It was so wonderful and fascinating to see bisons, rhino's, lions, ostrich, camels, zebra's etc and to be so close to them. We went on a baboon bus too through baboon territory, they are so naughty but they do make me laugh. We went last year and my friend drove her old car through and they ripped her front lights and wiring out, so this time we played safe and went on the special bus.
It's so good to be able to do these things sober, in the past I would have taken wine with me and would have fallen asleep on the bus, missing all the fun. Then I would have woken up feeling groggy, with a headache and been grumpy all day. I hate to think of all the time I wasted when I was drinking and the happy family memories I missed out on, that's one of my biggest regrets. No more.

I hope you check in a again later Erratic. Have a good day. xx

Back later, love to all. xx
Old 08-03-2019, 12:09 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hey April lovelies I hope you are good and well??

Daisy, which park did you go to? And you say they have lions? Errr, how close do you get to the lions???! I would love to take Seren but I am terrified of being so close to wild animals!! I did a safari in Zimbabwe many many years ago, although on this one the lions were fenced off and I have zero desire to be so close to a lion even if I am in a bus ! I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves and you had a nice birthday too. You deserve it!

I am back from LA and spent the day in the park yesterday with friends whilst the kids played. Its Pride weekend in Brighton but I stay as far away from that as possible lol. It's just not my scene especially now I am not drinking. So today we are going down to the lagoon. It lovely there , set just behind the seafront, a lagoon for paddle boarders and wind surfers, with paddle boats around a fantasy pirate land, paddling pool, park, sandpit and trampolines and giant inflatables for kids. The cafe there is owned by Fatboy Slim. He bought it a few years ago and spent money transforming the park. Its great! Apparently it was a vegan cafe before owned by Heather (cant remember her surname she was married to Paul McCartney) but I never went to it then although the play area was rubbish. Me and my friend are gonna take a blanket and picnic and we can chill out whilst the girls play. We used to take them when they were little and it's so nice now they are bigger and they can just go off and do their own thing and we can relax ourselves 😊

Not much else to report. Everyrhing is just normal I guess. No drama, no hangovers, nothing. It's good!

Last night there were some people having a gathering in a garden a few houses down from me. It sounded like all girls and they were having a great time chatting and giggling. The I heard one of them shout "down it, down it, down it" so I presume they were playing drinking games. They did sound like they were having so much fun and it made me smile to hear them but do I miss all of that! Do I heck!! No I was quite happy just getting showered and ready for a good sober nights sleep on a friday night 🤣🤣

I hope you'll all have a lovely Saturday!

🙏❤🙏❤
Old 08-03-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

good to see u back snitch x
great daisy that u had good day, did i say i love all sorts of animals lol

oh guess what my little angel of a grandson did on thur? yup u buy ur daughter a tv in may and ofcause dad has to go to bathroom and leave the little cherub in livingroom and yup the tv seemed to of jumped of the tv unit by little hands! lol not funny but kind of is. daughter rang up on her lunch break and was raging lol did tell her to fix it to the wall, sent a link to these tv and furniture straps for when she gets another tv lol so there u go i now find it amusing lol

nothing else to report really, new guy started doing the afo on when i do morns, he needs to get in a bit earlier me thinks or there will be words lol

hub is back to work next week, so back to being on my own x he is away to start to paint kitchen today so will have to make myself invisible as he is going to be a gumpy person today.

right off to get another cup of tea will try to get back later x have good day all and by the way where is our viper? x
Old 08-03-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still using big old heavy TVs -I'm assuming it was a flat screen erratic!?

D
Old 08-03-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

yeah it was lol dee
Old 08-03-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi I’m just doing a check in so you guys don’t send out a search party.

I’m doing alright. I had my sights on a practical car with help from my dad and my wonderful sister torpedoed that. Meanwhile she jumped on a plane to Italy for 2 weeks with her son, and doesn’t have a care in the world. I’m more sick of not being able to make my own decisions and my lack of my own money than anything else.

The guy that hit my car actually has a full auto shop in a barn at his house and is going to repair everything. His work looks amazing. So I’ll get my piece of **** back. 🙄

Im a little despondent, but hanging in there.

My therapist has a lot going on. Honestly I don’t know how someone does so much, and how someone so young has accomplished so much. Anyway she’s closing her private practice. She referred me to a guy in my town that she says is great and texted him. He’ll take me as a patient. The more therapy the better.

Ok later.

JW
Old 08-03-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils, though it's nearer to evening to be truthful. I hope you're all having a good weekend.
Before I forget I'm going away on Monday and won't be back until Friday, I'm going away with my daughter's MIL who's my bestie and the 3 g.children, 2 shared and my son's who she treats the same as the other 2 anyway. We're going to Wales ( Barmouth) in a caravan, we go every year, the caravan belongs to her mother and is only about 5 yrs old plus it's within walking distance of the beach. I just hope the weather is kind to us. The internet/phone reception there is very poor, unless you go for a walk up to the top of a steep hill, so if you don't hear from me, that's where I am.

Hi Suze, lovely to see you back. I'm well thank you and I hope you are too. The park we went to was Knowsley Safari Park, which is not far from Liverpool but I'm guessing it's a bit far for you to travel. Oooh the lions are beautiful, just like big ***** cats but they are actually fenced off otherwise they'd be hunting all the other animals lol. We did get very close to them though and saw them in their full glory.
Your lagoon sounds lovely, Fatboy Slim, gosh I've not heard of him for a good while, I remember when he got married to Zoe Ball. I just googled your lagoon for curiosity, it looks really lovely. Mills, Heather Mills, that's the one who married Paul McCartney.
I hope you've had a good day today. xx

Erratic, I think I know that you love animals lol, all animals. I love them myself too. Your little grandson is a total rascal, thank goodness he didn't hurt himself. That'll teach dad not to leave him on his own for even a second in future.
Don't let that new guy at work mess you about, tell him straight ( in a nice way of course lol).
What colour are you painting your kitchen? I fancy a change of colour in mine, it's been sage green and white for ages.

Good to see you Viper, I was getting a bit edgy because we hadn't heard from you for a while.
Your sister is very lucky to go swanning off to Italy, I wish I was going there.
Good news that the guy who hit your car is able to fix everything, the sooner the better really.
I hope you get to see your new therapist soon.

Lots of love to you all. xx
Old 08-03-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning work check in lol

great to hear from you viper!! xx hope the new therapist is just as good as the one who is stopping, its hard to change therapists and having to work on trust with the new one x good luck with the new guy xx

aww daisy your leaving us to go to wales! hope the weather is better than its suppose to be just now i hear in wales, and not to near the flooding areas x so we will hear from you when u can x have a safe travel and holiday x

Will see how new guy gets on today and what i will say. on the kitchen bri is just painting it white for now, which he cleaned the kitchen yesterday and started the painting and by end of small bit of wall he stopped painting lol says he will do it this morn, he is knackered lol

right off to get another cup of tea and get myself sorted for work.

here thinking of you all x x
Old 08-03-2019, 11:35 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Vipe - even tho it's old, it's good your car will be fixed - everyone needs something to run around in.

Hope everyone else is doing well

D
Old 08-04-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good morning all and I hope you all have a great Sunday.
I've got most of my 'stuff' packed now, the only problem with going away in this country is that you have to be prepared for all weathers so I've got a mixture of tee shirts and big jumpers. Whatever the weather we'll just make the most of it and if the worse comes to the worse we can always come home.

Morning Erratic, you're sounding quite chirpy, how's things going? I checked the weather forecast for Barmouth and it just says rain, rain and more rain, lol. Like I said above, we'll just make the best of whatever.
I hope your new guy is on time today and I hope Bri is well rested and ready for painting lol.

Good evening Dee, I hope you've had a good weekend.

Back later, love to you all. xx
Old 08-04-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Im feeling pretty despondent today and yesterday. I called the new therapist just now and left a message. Hopefully we’ll get the ball rolling on that and it works out with him. He’s 2 miles from my house so that works pretty well. My other person was 45 minutes away.

He’s an Kundalini Yoga, and Meditation Instructor besides just a regular therapist. So that’s a bonus.

I really just feel totally blah. Like I there’s no reason to bother trying. I don’t want to drink or anything. I just feel really blank.

Vipe