Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 11

Old 08-04-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I am sick. So haven't got strength to read and reply to all posts I just wanted to say that yesterday the AV was quite strong in my head. I effing hate this illness. One day I have zero thoughts of drinking and the next I am thinking oh maybe it will be ok. Ibsaw someone drinking a beer and it looked harmless. I thought, I can do that ! I was out with my friend that i used to drink with. She moves a drink but isnt an alkie and she has been so supportive of me but I think being with her triggers me cos its something we used to do together. I knew that just one beer would lead to carnage but then I got into self pity. h poor me why cant I have a drink like others?!! Lying in bed last night and reflecting on my feelings, I dont really want a drink I just want....something.

Anyway I woke in the night and felt sick. There had been a sickness bug going round but I think it was the chicken I ate yesterday. I made a chicken salad but didnt eat it all and then picked at the chicken later in the day. I knew I shouldn't have done that! So I was sick twice this morning and been in bed all day. Seren wanted to stay home with me so she has been in the living room all day playing (she has been so good bless her, she didnt want to go out with her dad) and it reminded me of the days I would be lying hungover in bed whilst she entertained herself I feel like my HP is showing me what it would be like if I drank. Ugh! Never ever EVER want to go back to that life!
Old 08-04-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you're depressed Vipe and sorry you're ill Snitch - hope you both feel better soon

Hi DaisyBelle

D
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Feeling better today both physically and mentally. Phew. Thank God for the saying this too shall pass. It's so true.

Off to a meeting this am. Need it! Then some quality time with my girl before I start standby tomorrow.

Have a lovely holiday Daisy, whatever the weather.

Vipe , this too shall pass! Hope you are feeling better soon! Kundalini yoga hey? Maybe you should think about giving that a try?

Erratic, oh wow I am so glad your grandson was't hurt pulling the tv down! Hope you are doing well?

Hi Dee and anyone else who is reading

Have a good day all.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

P.s has anyone watched the Handmaids Tale? Watched the first episode and am like OMG!
Old 08-04-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've seen the first series but not the second Snitch - glad you feel better

D
Old 08-05-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x

glad your feeling better snitch! and no i haven't watched that program series.
really sry to hear ur feeling really bad viper i do hope you get to see new therapist very soon x

yeah was lucky he didn't hurt himself, i think he prob pulled it from the side, daughter never said. she has got herself another new kitten ! this one has lovely light grey i think eyes and is pure black and she a she so hoping yugi the black and white kitten gets on with the new one. what i have heard she has a right character lol.

daisy i do hope it doesnt rain all the time and yeah you did say, yeah we are in uk and hey rain comes more than your local bus or train can be on time lol

the guy actually did come in 5 mins early which is bit better, but i got asked if can do all day thurs as boss is needing to leave the post office early and the new guy will be doing it. so i said yeah i will stay until 5-30 x

anyhoo i am off again xx have a good one x
Old 08-05-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi, I got an appointment with the new therapist. I talked to him, seems cool.

Ive just been so out of it. Sleeping and sleeping. I’ll get better again and I’ve got some tough changes to make.

Viper 🐍
Old 08-06-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Good morning April's, hope you're all good. I thought I'd try and post whilst I have some Internet access.
im the only one awake at the minute and from where I'm sat I have a stunning view of the Welsh mountains and I can also hear the waves crashing onto the beach. I love being awake when everyone else is alseep.
Last night we had a walk to the beach and collected some beautiful smooth rocks to paint, I haven't painted any for a while but it will be something we can all do if the weather is bad. It rained heavily in the night but it's stopped now thankfully, though it is rather windy out there.
Today's plan is to go into the little village this morning, the kiddo's are itching to spend their pocket money, get fish & chips for lunch ( that's my diet down the pan) and spend some time on the beach this afternoon.

Suze, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Erratic your daughter's kitten sound gorgeous, I hope the other cat accepts her.

I hope your new therapist is as good as he sounds. Take good care of yourself.

Much love to all of you. 💕Xx
Old 08-06-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Uggghhh. I didn’t think 13 months later I’d be in the same spot as I as a month into quitting. I’m trying to strategize. Dunno maybe antidepressant. It’s scary to start new ones.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hello friends Popping in to say hi and let you know I'm on Day 11 and feeling great. It was so hard to stop this time around but I have been feeling fantastic the last couple of days. Anyways, just wanted to say hi. I am more active on the July board. Do you guys remember Quitnow? She is my sober twinsie in the July group.
Snitch - oh yes! I am on season 3 of Handsmaid Tale! It's a little dark but a really great series!
Hope you all are doing well. Much love and hugs to you all!
Old 08-06-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

You may feel as if you're in the same spot Vipe but as an outsider and reading your progress all these months, I think you might be awfulising a bit. You've made great strides over the last year and this spell of ennui or depression or whatever it is doesn't negate all that, altho I understand the feeling.

D
Old 08-06-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 11 days kgirl!
hi daisy

D
Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 08-07-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey all.

I am in New York, leaving in 2 hours.

I started standby on Tuesday and got called immediately which was great as its painful sitting around waiting for the phone to ring plus i just got a nice short little trip and will be home tomorrow morning. So very happy all round

I am glad you are having a nice holiday Daisy. I love caravan holidays! I have never been to Wales. Somewhere I would love to go.

Congratulations KGirl. Thats the hardest part out the way. We just have to accept that we cannot drink alcohol in any way shape or form. Acceptance really does help make this journey easier. Yes I remember Quit. I am so glad you 2 are doing this together! Tell her to pop in and say hi !!

Viper, Dee is right. I sometimes feel the same way as you. But wow look how far we have come.

Hi Erratic and Dee

off to get ready to fly back to good old Blighty.

X x
Old 08-07-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi I thought I’d check in while I’m somewhat better. I had to start the steroid again to get moving but once I get some other things in there place I can drop that.

The new therapist is quite good. I see this working out very well. He takes my insurance and is very close by so it’s very good. I see him again same time next week. I left his office more hopeful than when I walked in. Smart dude.

Its pouring buckets here. A short but massive passing storm.

I’ve got an eye exam tomorrow and I’ve decided to replace my badass prescription sunglasses I lost this spring. Sometimes you need some ‘feel good’ stuff. I have a little style thing going on with my bandana around my neck, clothes, boots, my tough Seiko Diver watch, and I loved those glasses. It’s decent coin for sure, but I know I lll wear them all day, every day. I deserve it.

Ok time to cook up some dinner. I’m going to try to dump wheat, dairy, and sugar this week to start.

V🐍
Old 08-07-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are a little better Vipe
Have a good flight Snitch!

D
Old 08-08-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x this is not the early morn check in as someone wanted to swap so i have the morning off.

safe travels snitch x
glad viper that u and therapist is getting on not to bad for first visit x

hope your having fun daisy x

good to see u kgirl and well done on your 11 days x

just going to leave it there, not in the most sociable moods x

here thinking of you all x
Old 08-08-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hey all

Am back home and 3 days off now. Alarm set for early tmrw am so I can do workout and clean a bit, put new bed sheets on etc before I hit a meeting and then get my daughter. Procrastination is definitely one of my character defects and I am determined to change that. I have also quit sugar !!! Well at least refined sugar. I still eat fruit. And feeling so much better for it. I didn't realise just how addictive sugar was and apparently it stimulates the same pleasure receptors in the brain as alcohol does. No wonder the first bite sets off a compulsion in me!!! So bye bye choccy. At least for the time being. Life is too short to never eat chocolate !!

I was just going through all my photos on my phone and deleting ones I didnt want and came across some pics I took during my last drunk where I had multiple falls. I am black and blue! Although thankfully at least it was only that, it could have been a LOT worse. But a good reminder of where I never want to be again.

Episode of handmaids tale and then zzzzzzzz

Xx
Old 08-09-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hola Amigas and Dee,

I’m feeling ok. I had my thumb looked at and it’s getting better. If you remember it’s in a splint because I fell down and pulled the ligament in there. Anyway, I saw a Nurse today that did a bunch of stuff with it and said it must be healing pretty good, because of how I responded. Still at least 3-5 weeks.

I also got my vitamin B12 injection which I have not had i a while. I was getting it 2 times a month before. I usually find when I am in a slump I have let my health program slip. Sometimes getting everything back into place helps a good deal.

My eye exam was fine and I’m closing in on replacing those prescription sunglasses I lost. I’ve got the script now. Maybe put in the order tomorrow!

SO... I was getting my sushi and I heard someone say hi to me and I looked up and it was the Reservations front desk guy, from the restaurant I always went to for happy hour. They must have thought I fell off the planet. Anyway, I told him to say ‘hi’ to the gang for me. They always treated me well. A lot of the staff were total non drinkers. I’m just never walking in there again. Its got to be obvious, what I’m doing. They aren’t stupid. I must look 400% better too.

ok, time for sushi and some tv. Been watching Sienfield Comedians in Cars on Netflix. Funny.

V🐍

Old 08-09-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

late night for me x

viper i got b12 injections 3 months apart but i think i got also 2 in first time. u have to watch out, too much b12 build up in liver is another prob x when i had iron and b12 prob was it brought mental and physical probs and was sick. caused breathing, memory, tiredness, blood pressure probs, so hope things work out for u xx

mm sushi . sry just wanted to replu . was working from 6 this morn until 5-30 tonight. so trying to reach and think about u guys xx