Old 07-10-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night DB

D
Old 07-10-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello everyone !! I’m so sorry I haven’t been on here for a while

I just wanted to to say hello and I have a lot to catch up on here!

Hoping everyone is happy & healthy!!

Lots of love ! 💕🌺💕🌺
Day 464
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi folks! I’m just checking in. I’m not bad, not great. Sobriety is sweet though!!

I’m definitely a different person. My illness has been acting up, but that’s life and I’m handling it.

Im meeting my Integrative Medicine doc on Monday and I have new stuff to go on.

Besides getting a heavy 1 Year coin from AA, I got a very unexpected and very generous gift from my father for the occasion. Good thing because motorcycle gear is costing me.

Suze, thanks for the story about your Nan.

Ok its 11pm and I’m tired.

Ill post soon

Nichole always good to hear from you 💜

Erratic, just keep trying. And trying. I did it for years and years. It sticks. It gets easier and there’s a better life for you waiting!

V

Old 07-10-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in before work x

daisy thanks for your share also on your personal experience x
good to see u also bluesy luv x
glad your father got u something nice viper x
snitch i hope you feel a little bit better knowing that we understand x
great to see u also nichole x
good to see u aswell dee its great that u look out for us x

and yup you all are a great bunch of people x hugs

see you when i can x
Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey bluesy, Vipe and Erratic

Hope you feel good again soon Vipe

D
Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprilites and I hope you're all having a good Thursday. So far so good for me. I've got some concerns re my son ( nothing new there), it's not good but I need to mull things over in my head a while.

Hi Bluesey, lovely to see you posting, as always, congrats on your sober time, who knew we could come so far together? Come and post again soon and tell us what you're up to.

Good to see you Viper and I must say that you do seem to be coping better with your health issues these days. Sobriety really does suit you. How kind of your father to gift you like that. He's probably secretly very proud of you and your achievement. Who wouldn't be?
Don't stay away too long.

Morning Erratic and thank you also for sharing your experience. It means a lot to know I am not alone and that other people REALLY do understand .
Post again soon and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Dee, have a good evening.

See you all later, lots of love to you. xxx
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

just another quick post as lady who does afo at work called in sick so just finished at 3-30 and i am going back 6-30 for last couple of hrs to shut the shop. new this was going to end up happening as she also handed her notice in on tues saying she will leave on the 28th july so och whatever x

we are here if you need help in anything daisy x

see u all later it prob be quick check in early morn again x have good evening x
Old 07-11-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks Erratic, sounds like you might be called upon to work extra hours quite often over the next few days or longer. Look after yourself though and say 'no' if it's too much for you.

Back tomorrow, sleep well Aprils xx
Old 07-11-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in x

thanks daisy x

just going to say thinking of you all and have a good day x
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all good. I'm fine. It's been a bit wintery today, cool, grey, wind and rain, at least it saved me from watering the garden.
I went to a lovely little garden centre this afternoon with my friend, it's a very special place, the staff there employ people with special needs and teach them how to plant, dig, sow seeds, etc and there is also a craft shop where they learn woodwork and other crafts and make garden decorations and ornaments. They also recycle old bicycles and furniture. They sell it all and the proceeds mostly go to charity. It was so lovely and inviting, a really friendly place and we had a cup of tea in beautiful china cups with saucers, and a massive slice of coffee and walnut cake. That's my healthy eating out of the window for this week. I bought 2 lovely bird nesting boxes, hand crafted, one for me and one for my mum. They are lovely.

Hi Erratic, I'm guessing you're in work. Don't let them put on you too much.

Back later, enjoy the rest of Friday. xx
Old 07-12-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Just want to stop by and tell everyone have a lovely weekend hopefully all is well!!!
Last 5 days has been pretty much hell for me yesterday was a disaster I couldn’t even stand to be in my own skin today is some what better I couldn’t understand why I was so irritated and felt like crap but I realize it’s probably withdrawals I decided to clean up all the way it’s been 8 days from pot and 2 days without alcohol the oddest thing is the pot withdrawals are way worse then alcohol but I finally got my head screwed on straight and willing to fight for sobriety instead of half a— it I can actually say I’m 100% committed I’m going to a concert tomorrow and I’m not even worried about drinking the only thing to stop me from sobriety is me and refusing to get in my own way keeping my head up and looking at the bigger picture!!
Lots of love to you amazing people!! Take care
Old 07-12-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just checking in before I go to bed.

I'm really happy to read that Nichole, you sound very focused and I hope you stay that way. Stay strong lovely lady.

Wishing you all the best weekend.
xxxxxx
Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really proud that you keep trying Nichole - you're doing this

Have a great weekend guys

D
Old 07-13-2019, 01:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello lovely Apriler's.

I haven't had time to post!!

Erratic and Daisy thank you for sharing your personal experiences. And Nichole thank you for sharing the story about your grandpa. I guess we all have some skeletons in our closets. I feel ok about it today, Dee you are right, I KNOW my nan would be so proud of me right now and I know she knew i loved her. I think that this stuff for me does probably need to be gone through with a trained counsellor and I am going to look into that but sharing her and hearing you guys open up has been a huge comfort. Thank you.

So my blood tests all came back normal.l and I am not peri menopausal so that left one thing...depression. feeling tearful, overwhelming sadness, wanting to sleep all the time, no motivation. My doctor and I discussed it and we came to the mutual conclusion to up my dosage of anti depressants. Wow, they are working already. I feel so much better. The dark cloud has lifted and I feel I can "see clearly" again.

So, on wednesday, I was walking to school and who should come out their flat ahead of me? The guy whose window I tried to smash over a year ago in my drunken state. I prayed for my HP for courage and I shouted out to him. And I apologised for my behaviour. What I did and what I said. He was really nice! He put his hand on my shoulder and said "thank you, I appreciate it". Wow!

So then it got me thinking. AA is the programme that has changed my negative thoughts and made me really look at me and also kept me sober so why would I want to leave?? I went to continue digging the poison out and clear up the wreckage of my past. So yesterday I went to 2 AA meetings and I also met for coffee with my sponsor. Ahhhhh sorry guys I know I have been back and forth back and forth on this one. But we had a good chat and cleared some stuff up and I am going to do my step 5 with her next week. I really want to get through the steps now and I dont want to have to start at the beginning with someone new. So that's my decision hahahaha.

I also tackled my finances on Thursday and went to a yoga class yesterday. It was lovely to stretch and relax. Last night on my way home from my AA meeting the bars and restaurants were full of people spilling out onto the pavement , drinking and having a good time. It was a beautiful summer evening but you know what? I was grateful that I was in that church hall with other grateful recovering alcoholics instead of out drinking in those bars because that is not my life anymore. That was the old me. And besides it was hardly fun at the end hey?!

So thank you all for being here. Keep fighting Erratic and Nichole. Sober life is truly more rewarding and enjoyable. U have had some real up and down days as you know but I never want to go back to that hell I was in before.

I am off to Boston today. Will check in more there.

Lots of love and have a great weekend.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

thanks snitch x yup pre menopausal is not good but glad your anti d uppage is working for you x

good to see u nichole xx again i am in the same boat as u x keep fighting i am trying to aswell x
daisy good to hear u had nice time at garden center and yup the weather has been funny here also x

for me again the 5th day happened and ended up drinking last night, guess i am not trying hard enough or want it enough. i will be starting again today and also when i saw the alcohol doc she agreed about putting up my tabs which i havent done yet as i was working so i will be starting that higher dose this evening and also hub has a plan which we are going to buy all our dinners for the week today, so we dont go to shop after his work so again we are going to try break this cycle. so there we are again sounding like a broken record.

have good day all and thanks for putting up with me and being there x
Old 07-13-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprilites from me in a very grey and gloomy North West U.K. I'm just home from doing a bit of grocery shopping, I've put it away, got a wash load in and now I'm having a well deserved coffee. I think it's well deserved anyway.
In the town where I live we have an annual local tradition which has been carried out since the 1800's called 'walking day', and today just happens to be the day. All the church schools in the town, catholic or not, gather together in the town centre and form a procession walking through the town for about 2 miles. Many of the little girls dress up in beautiful white dresses, some wear school uniform and the leaders carry statues of Jesus or Our Lady and banners. There is a carnival atmosphere and the streets are lined with family and friends and just anyone wanting to watch. Each school usually has a brass band leading the procession which always, for some reason, brings a lump to my throat when I hear them playing. Mothers decorate prams and pushchairs with flower and join the walk and once upon a time decorated open milk floats used to carry the very young children but that no longer happens. Family and friend watching the walk usually run out to 'their' children and give them pocket money, which more often that not spent on the fun fair in the evening. As my my live in g.son and my g.daughter go to a church school they will be walking. Many years ago this procession was treated as a bank holiday and factories and shops closed for the day. These days it's business as usual. I'll try and put some photo's on later.

Hi Suze, I'm glad you've posted, I missed you here. You're sounding much better, more positive and I'm pleased that you went to see your doctor and had those bloods done. If your anti depressants need topping up, then so be it, that's what you have to do. Re my personal experience, opening up about it after keeping it buried for so long has helped me too. So thank you.
I am so proud of you for apologised to that man from last year. Wow, you were so brave, many would have turned away and ran, myself included probably. I bet you feel better in yourself for doing that.
You don't have to explain yourself re A.A and your sponsor, just go with what feels right for you.
Have a safe flight to Boston and I look forward to reading all about it.

Back later, love to all. xxx
Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Goodnight Aprils. xxx
Old 07-13-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in before work x

hope you have a good day x
Old 07-14-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

G.morning Erratic, I hope work passes quickly for you today, don't envy you working on a Sunday. xx
Old 07-14-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

Just woken up in Bostin. It's a beautiful sunny day, its gonna be HOT!

Daisy that sounds lovely, it's great when communities get together to do things.

Erratic, I am sorry you are struggling to get past certain days. You know you can do it though and I believe you can. It's good you are getting help from your doctor.

How are you doing Nichole?

I am ok. Today. Lol. I believe this is all part of my sobriety journey. I know self care is really important to my mental health. Eating right and drinking the right things. Exercise. Yoga! I did once class and love it. Changing negative thinking to positive thinking. And finding something I am passionate about. I think that important. But I have no idea what lol. I am working on it. I am a work in a progress and sobriety is definitely a journey and not a destination. I have had some really crap days in sobriety and felt so bad and I am just so so glad I didnt pick up a drink, even though i wanted to. Well? I didn't really want to drink , I wanted the ease and comfort a couple of drinks bring. But I am well aware of where 2 drinks take me! No matter how bad things are we DO NOT HAVE TO DRINK.

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday wherever you are in the world today!

Lots of love and good positive vibes

🙏🥰🙏🥰