Old 07-05-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Great job, Sapph21!
Old 07-05-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

5 days late but I’m in for the month
Old 07-05-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 9, Friday heavy voices in the head courtesy of Mr.AV. Not sure how I am going to manage today without buying IPAs. Will try to be active here and try my best to end the day sober today. It's only 2.40 PM here
Old 07-05-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Working on day 7

Hi all, just checking in. I’ve been riding cravings and anxiety out as best I can with exercise, reading, cookies, gardening, playing my uke and cross stitching. Some cravings are easier to ride out than others. I was worried because I’m off for 8 weeks and being home alone with the kids all day can be pretty triggering for me, but I think it’s actually been a blessing: I’ve been really focused on self care and getting physically and mentally healthy. Perspective change? I come here and read the forums for inspiration and reminders. Thank you for your honest sharing, and I’m rooting for all of us.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks Midton. I won't hassle you on the NA drinks again. I hope you don;t mind me talking to you cos I really want this to be your last class man

As far as unwinding goes...I had a life that was set up to work dawn to dusk - with an hour or two drinking at the end....which became several hours, and then all day by the end,

Drinking was not a good solution for me and it's obviousl;y not for you either.

You need to find some new ways to decompress
Drinkings not working for you.

D

Always appreciate your advice and patience. Even when I might disagree at the back of my mind I kind of know your probably right.

I always have a mental image of posters based on their name and content. My image of you is of Yoda and that’s a compliment.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Well the pink cloud has finally arrived. Last night was probably the first Friday that I’ve not drunk alcohol, apart from a bout of gastroenteritis, in over a year.

I’m up bright eyed and bushy tailed on Saturday morning. I had minor cravings as I was finishing up at work but nothing too strong. Now, if/when I get through today I’ll have one week under my belt .

I feel great on waking up this morning. It’s the kind of sober, brain alert, body alert morning that way surpasses the joy of drinking. A feeling where you ask yourself why would you ever drink?

Feeling very confident for getting through the weekend
Old 07-05-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hang on, Calmself! Just for today, take it by the hour or minute. It will pass if we let it. My AV tries to make things much more complicated than it really is.

Welcome Mariposa!

Today is day 6- I made it through the holiday, although it was a bit weird. Our family wanted to go out to lunch, but the only bar/grill open was the bar I was at just last Saturday night- not at my best to say the least. There I was, gobbling down a burger the same spot but in a completely different capacity. It was eye-opening. We went to the fireworks last night. Made it through despite the beer in the cooler, and was thrilled to be the sober driver and waking up fresh this morning for work!

Again, had a snack before leaving work to make sure my blood sugar wasn't low when my husband inevitably asks if I want to go out for a beer. Made it through that challenge and now safely in PJs and ready for the evening.

Let's stick together this weekend
Old 07-05-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
5 days late but I’m in for the month
So very happy to see you dear mariposa. xx
Sending love and hugs to you and all of the July class. ♥
Old 07-05-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Midton - all I can do is share my experience - it may or may not be useful to you guys

Welcome Mariposa

A lot of milestones today - congratulations to you all

D
Old 07-05-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thanks Kinsey! Hanging on - trying to just while away the evening faster
Old 07-05-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really recommend making a recovery action plan calmself - it's better than white knuckling.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

when you wake up tomorrow you'll be glad you resisted the urge. You don't need booze.

D
Old 07-05-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I did get the puppy. He is awesome! I had a very good but very long day.
I had a hard time on my way home, wanting to stop and buy beer, but I didn't. I told myself I could go back out later, and that helped a lot. And, I didn't.
I'm going to go to bed and read "Alcohol Explained". It's been really interesting so far, and really does explain a lot.
My new pup is going to be trained to be a pet therapy dog. I get to take him to work with me every day. I'm excited about it, and though in some ways I think I should have waited, so I could focus more on recovery, in another way I think this is a great time. I need something good, happy and purposeful to distract me and give me a reason to try and get better. We start puppy training classes Wednesday night.
I hope everyone is going to bed sober and ready to wake up feeling good.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Will do. Had a good dinner and feel relieved now. Will go through some of the links in the recovery action plan and see how I can use it. Stay strong, yall.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I spent all day sleeping. My dreams are so vivid and scary and I sweat through to whole sleep. I did eat some spaghetti and now going start chugging water then go back to sleep. I can hardly stay awake. I read sleep is a detox for the mind, could our bodies be detoxing too? Is that why I’m sweating? Tomorrow I hope to get some exercise. Day 2 on my way. Thanks for all the support SR.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think both mind and body need detox, yeah Mariposa - I hope you'll feel a little better day by day from here.

D
Old 07-06-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Morning all

Day 19 - still going good and sleeping well.

Good luck everyone for another sober day.

Andy.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 6! This was a big one as I was a Friday night drinker. No problems last night. I do have a strange reflectivefeeling like I’ve said goodbye to a life long ‘friend’ of 30+ years. I found a link on another thread here to a website I find very interesting, Rational Recovery.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I'm joining you all. Had 7 awesome months of sobriety. Allowed others to get me upset enough to reach for a drink in May. Started the cycle all over. Pretty bad withdrawals yesterday. Enough to scare my wife into finally realizing it's going to kill me if I don't stop. Day 2. Groggy, but ok.
I'm with you all in this. Been there, done that...
No more.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome FR

D
Old 07-06-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Welcome FR!

I read through Dee's post about making a plan last night - https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

One of the resources there contained a link with a bunch of tips, and two that stuck with me were to never underestimate the power of this addiction and not to confuse enthusiasm for action.

I have been certainly confusing my enthusiasm and pro-recovery work (reading, listening, posting) with applying them to my life, or even taking some things to heart. Although I don't know what I would do without this site or the many resources available to us, it just rang true that I need to put what I learn into action.

I have certainly underestimated the power of this addiction. It doesn't make me feel that freedom is impossible- because it is completely possible, doable, and millions before me have done it! It reminds me that my defenses must be as great as my enemy is strong.

Day 7! Last night I worked on Stranger Things season 2 so I could watch season 3 with my son. My new favorite drink is ice water with a straw. Today I'm planning on helping my son get his tackle box in order giving the dogs a bath. This evening will be full of Netflix and popcorn.