Notices

One Year & Over Part 69

Old 08-22-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

FBL , blummin ‘eck. Just when you thought your eye was improving. I hope it’s not causing you any pain or discomfort. Take care.

Feeling rough this morning with asthma/allergies, all under control though. Just have to weather the storm, so to speak.

Have a Good Friday my friends xx
Old 08-23-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

FBL, so sorry to hear that the eye saga continues

Andy, I agree - a downward drift no matter how small is most welcome!

(((Mags))), sending lots of good thoughts for you to feel better soon.

Hi Toots, FG and all the Overs
Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Love to Mags and FBL and all of the Overs. s
Old 08-23-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

I’m feeling loads better this morning, thanks. There must’ve been something in the air that set me off.

Going to be a hot one here in U.K. this bank holiday weekend , it’s worked out well for a bank holiday.

Have a good weekend my friends. xx
Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I'm glad you're felling better Mags.

Have a god day everyone.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hope everyone is feeling well

FBL I hope your eye responds to the drops and returns to normal ASAP.

We picked up the new car yesterday, I got used to the clutch pretty quickly, now I just have to remember to use the gears!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Mags, happy to hear you are feeling good today!

Hi Suze and Andy

Toots, that’s a good one - using the clutch without the gears - the opposite of what new drivers do

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 08-24-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Not really anymore though....there are very few young people who can drive a manual. Glad I can. One day I will learn to drive Nick's truck.....it has a clutch on the side....it is huge....should be fun.

Congrats on your new car dear toots, hi Sassy darling and hello everyone. s

Oh....glad you are feeling a bit better dear Mags. s
Old 08-24-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your fur kid. That's always tough, especially when we put them to sleep.

FBL!
Shize! I hope your eye issues resolve soon. I sure know how much of a PITA the drops are. My first agent did me no favors so now it's been on the market so long that folks are sure to think there's something wrong with it. <sigh> Our anniversary is 6 September and it looks like we'll be apart. However, we are so fortunate in our lives and fortunes that we take this with the proverbial grain of salt. It is all good.

Star,
Hi backatcha.

Andy,
Huah! Slow is good.

Mags,
I'm sorry you were doing poorly but glad you feel better now! Your weather over there is humid AND cold???? Cold and dry is great!

Toots!
Is this your first stick shift? You'll get it. If not it will come back to you.

Suze,
Good luck with the truck driving.

I'm sore. A giant limb broke off of the last and humongous Sweet Gum tree. It was about 20 feet long and about 15 inches thick with all kinds of limbs coming out from it. I called a friend who came over early today with his chain saw, 4 WD pickup truck and two big long chains. We pulled the limb off as it was still attached and had thick vines all over it. We trimmed the trunk and cut the remains into smaller pieces I could lift, and using the chains dragged the giant limb down the pipeline into the woods where it can decompose without being an eyesore in my yard. I spent the afternoon building the wood into a big fire and using a few pints of diesel fuel lit her up. It burned well and even stayed lit after a short rainstorm. So every muscle I have is sore. I hope Sunday finds us all in good spirit and good shape.
Nite
Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, I’m pleased your keeping yourself busy with broken tree limbs, and a workout at the same time the weather is weird, this weekend we’re having a heatwave for a few days they say then who knows what we’ll get. Cold, rain, wind, sun, all sorts, but nothing too serious hopefully.

Toots, you probably took you driving test in a manual car? I did. So it’ll be just like riding a bike, but a car instead.

I’ve just done something I don’t usually do. My cousin (who we lost contact with most of my life and came back into my life a few years ago) is at a caravan holiday park every weekend not far from us, and I just sort of said is it ok to pop and see you sometime while you’re in your van. He’s just replied it would be nice, so phew, I didn’t overstep my welcome.

Have a good Sunday my friends xxxx
Old 08-25-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Just having my coffee, best wishes to all.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yes mags I took my test in a manual and it's only in recent years both our cars have been automatic. The car in Spain is manual so I knew I'd have no issues transferring back. This thing with the new car is just that, it's very low mileage and the clutch is pretty feisty, but I got used to it within a few gear changes. Now the only thing is if I've been in the same gear for a while, I need to remember to change down for junctions and inclines but it's all coming back together. It would help if I didn't have 'worst passenger of the year 2000-2018' and counting, sitting next to me screaming cause from his altered perspective it looks like I'm going to hit something when actually there's plenty of room!
Old 08-25-2019, 01:49 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots , I thought I had worst passenger of the year when I drive.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Toots, I drove a manual for 22 straight years, but my current car is an automatic. I do mostly city/suburban driving, and a manual was leaving me with knee pain due to the frequent shifting in slow moving traffic. I miss the control one has over the vehicle with a stick, but the auto is a perk of old age as I see it.

Have a good morning all!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I drove a manual only until I was 55. I was terrified of automatics but decided to switch to one because of a minor accident that was due to more variables to watch than I could manage in one particular spot on the way home from work. I decided that no clutch meant one less thing to do, ergo safer.

Mags, I am finding that I very much enjoy reconnecting with people I have known in the past. Sometimes it is very sad, however.

Itchy, sorry the house sale is going slowly I sold 6 homes and how long they took to sell was all over the map. I hope yours goes very soon!

Hi to all and have a lovely day!
Old 08-25-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good day Overs!

Yep, we canceled the open house today because rain was forecast. It is a beautiful sunny day!

Guys, I too learned on a standard shift and hated automatics until I was 52 and did a four year period working again and had a company cell phone. I switched begrudgingly because hands free was not as easily done, or as ubiquitous and inexpensive as today. I now actually prefer an automatic, which is good because standards are becoming scarce. However, we no longer need to hold the phone while driving. I even have it read my texts to me and answer without ever looking at my phone, I love tech.

Star,
I could do the Forester clutch no sweat. But the hard clutches in Diesel trucks make my knees hurt too! Holding them at red lights can make my whole leg tremble if held too long back when I was younger.

Mags,
At ~ 100°f with high humidity, I'd prefer to have stayed indoors! All my motorcycles have been standard except my Vespa and Honda Scooters ending with Felix the Helix, which were automatics. My last standard was my previous 2004 Forester. Loved it.

Sassy,
Thanks, I know. I'll enjoy getting out of here. Maybe we'll swap and my SH can stay here until it sells, and I can head back to Colorado? Nah, she doesn't like the zero turn mower.

Going grocery shopping on base today and then try to figure out why my tractor stalls after an easy start and full tank. I replaced the fuel lines but that wasn't it. Trial and error.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

OMG Itchy love....all sore and cancelled house showings....aggravating.
We love you. Huge hugs.

So it looks like all of us can pretty much drive a manual car......very very cool.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, how frustrating the sun being out after the forecast was rain. , who ate all the cookies. can they come over in the rain or does it out people off

Mr. M and myself are off to Normanby Park Country fair today. Gonna have a few hours listening to the band and singers, buying local produce of cakes, jams (my step mum loves home made jams) , all before the crowds arrive.

Have a good Monday my friends. xxxx
Old 08-26-2019, 12:45 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Today is the 'Gravy wrestling' championships. The organiser made 400 gallons of gravy yesterday. The judges are looking for entertainment value. https://worldgravywrestling.com

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hate, hate, hate manual transmissions! I learned to drive on an automatic. I got stuck having to drive my brother's manual truck a few times and I never did get the hang of it. Did I mention I hate manual transmissions? Why go to all that work when you don't have to?!?

My co-worker is taking the week off to go camping. I get to do his job too this week. At least it's nice and quiet around the office!

Am faithfully putting in the eye drops. Doesn't seem to be helping much, but since there's nothing else I can do, I'm just letting go of the outcome.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!