Notices

One Year & Over Part 69

Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Andy, Gravy Wrestling . Those pics are hilarious!

FBL, I hope your eye gets better soon. Driving a manual, imho, gave me better control of the car. It made it much easier to speed up quickly to avoid tricky situations. When we learn it in our teens (and with car, not truck), it quickly becomes “automatic”

Enjoy the fair, Mags!

Hi Itchy

Have a good day to all!
Old 08-26-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Sending healing love FBL. s

When I swapped over to an automatic car after I had been driving for around 10 years or more, I complained to my dad that there was nothing to do. It's boring....you just sit there and the car goes.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:41 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
In the country the grass and muddy areas after a rain would ruin carpeting if a lot of people show, and even with few people would require a day of house cleaning after. In the country there is no sidewalk or curbs and only two lanes means all cars need to park somewhere on the grass which with enough rain would get cars stuck in the mud they create. We are trying again next Sunday, the first of September. Dang! I don't want to spend Christmas here alone!

Have fun at the Fair!

Andy,
Gravy? OK, in the interest of family reading I will not make any of the comments that spring to mind!

FBL,
Letting go seems best, eye wise. I hope you can literally see some improvement. Until my mid 40s I would never have an auto. While some will argue, an automatic pulls heavy loads easier and cheaper since clutch's do burn out, especially when towing 15,000 pounds of 5th wheel up and down mountain passes and hilly terrain. So at 45 when we took off for seven years of living and non stop traveling in a HitchHiker 36' 5th wheel, retired and just following our noses. That first auto for me was in a Ram Diesel 1 ton dual rear wheel long bed pickup truck.

Sassy,
Amen to the pics and learning on a stick to begin with. Hi backatcha!

My buddy Bob called and he caught four wild boar in his trap. They have been dispatched and hour ago and are being processed as I type this. He will be giving me a bunch of roast and sausage. My realtor wants some and I think I can get her some too. He only has so much freezer space.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, yep! I see what you mean, you do need a nice day for open house. Fingers crossed the first of September is good sunny weather.

Fbl don’t work too hard! Or strain your eyes.

Andy, the gravy wrestling looks hilarious and for a good cause too.

Had a good few hours at the park today. watched part of a Punch and Judy show, met up with a friend with her grandkids and watched them on the bouncy castle then the swings. By then it was roasting hot and we left.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I haven't watched a Punch and Judy show since the kids were small, it was at Llandudno. Visit Llandudno & Conwy - Official Tourist Information Site

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Andy, I haven’t watched Punch and Judy for ages until yesterday...still funny. I like puppets. I had a sooty one when I was a kid. apparently years ago Punch and Judy used to give cryptic rumours out about people in the villages. Although it was funny to the kids it could be detrimental to adults.

Another hot one here then thunderstorms forecast for later.

Great British bake-off starts tonight, always gives me an inkling to bake all the wonderful cakes, then it passes.

Have a good Tuesday my friends. xxxx
Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

I hope everyone is ok and keeping well.

It’s a bit cooler here after thunderstorms last evening.

Sassy, hope you’re ok, are you getting out to the beach much? It’d be nice to have a stroll barefoot on the beach and paddle in the sea with you (unless there’s sharks )

Have a lovely Wednesday my friends xx
Old 08-27-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

The rain we were promised must have hopped over us before cooling Mags down.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Plenty of it landed on us last night as we watched gsons football match! It was monsoon weather and blooming cold too! To as insult to injury, they lost 3-4!
Old 08-28-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! Sorry I missed yesterday - I slept through my alarm and had to race to get to the bus on time for my day trip to Boston. By the time I got home my brain and body were fried

Andy, Llandudno looks so beautiful!

Cutting this short since I am still fried (one of those things about old age that is no fun).

Have a great day!
Old 08-28-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Apols for missing recent posts. Today marks the 4th year anniversary of when I burned, so my mind has been rather profound and focused today. Thanks to all here- who have given me support.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ
Old 08-28-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great stuff PJ.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

PJ, Sassy and FBL

Old 08-28-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy that brochure takes me back, we used to caravan in Llandudno and Towyn a lot in the summer as we lived just across the border in Shropshire. I have many childhood memories of camping trips to wales!

Peej, you're awesome.

FBL hopefully you will start seeing some results for your dedication to your eye drop routine.

I hope you enjoyed the trip to Boston Sass!

All well in Tootsville, though my folks are struggling a bit emotionally with the ongoing situation. Basically my dad was sent home from hospital at the start of the year told to prepare himself as the next 'episode' could well be his last. Every day, he wakes up wondering if he will still be around to see the next one. He is wallowing rather and refusing to 'live' as he waits to die. A lot of his emotional strain is thrown at my mum in moods, and she has begun sniping back. Resulting in a mini meltdown on the phone to me asking to 'borrow' Molly for a while. She has a soothing loving nature and cuddles into my dad. She will also give my mum a real excuse to leave the house for a daily break. I go down next Tuesday, my mums birthday, and will leave Molly when I come home the following day. I will miss my baby girl, but she has an important job to do down there for a wee while.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots that’s lovely taking Molly to your mum and dads. I’m sorry your dad is feeling this way, irs difficult to accept some things we’re told. I’m sure Molly’s cuddles will help them both.

I’ve just bought a smart camera which can be used for all sorts of purposes, but it’s only cheap and such a crisp and sharp colour. Toys for big girls and boys.

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago about having my brother’s old headstone cleaned. Well it was completed a few days ago and the transformation is amazing. It is 51 years old and had deteriorated terribly so much so you couldn’t read the writing on the headstone. After his restoration it is completely transformed. I’m so happy with it.

Hope everyone is ok. Love to all. xx
Old 08-29-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

PJ, sending many *hugs*! I think you are amazing. I can’t begin to imagine what you have been through and I am in awe of your spirit and determination.

Toots, how lovely that you will be letting Molly soothe and distract your mum and dad. It’s a difficult time of life

Mags, what a thoughtful thing to do to have your brother’s headstone restored! And enjoy your new toy :-)

Hi FBL, Andy, Itchy and everyone! Big hug to all.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You have had an amazing journey over these past four years PJ. Proud of your huge accomplishments!

Did you enjoy Boston Saskia?

Toots, aging parents are as bad as teenagers. I am glad Molly can be a help.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-29-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good stuff Mags and toots.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

SG, it was nice to be back in Boston and to reconnect with a friend I hadn’t seen in about 56 years. Sadly this friend is quite ill and is unlikely to last more than a few more months.