View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Good day Overs!

Yep, we canceled the open house today because rain was forecast. It is a beautiful sunny day!

Guys, I too learned on a standard shift and hated automatics until I was 52 and did a four year period working again and had a company cell phone. I switched begrudgingly because hands free was not as easily done, or as ubiquitous and inexpensive as today. I now actually prefer an automatic, which is good because standards are becoming scarce. However, we no longer need to hold the phone while driving. I even have it read my texts to me and answer without ever looking at my phone, I love tech.

Star,
I could do the Forester clutch no sweat. But the hard clutches in Diesel trucks make my knees hurt too! Holding them at red lights can make my whole leg tremble if held too long back when I was younger.

Mags,
At ~ 100°f with high humidity, I'd prefer to have stayed indoors! All my motorcycles have been standard except my Vespa and Honda Scooters ending with Felix the Helix, which were automatics. My last standard was my previous 2004 Forester. Loved it.

Sassy,
Thanks, I know. I'll enjoy getting out of here. Maybe we'll swap and my SH can stay here until it sells, and I can head back to Colorado? Nah, she doesn't like the zero turn mower.

Going grocery shopping on base today and then try to figure out why my tractor stalls after an easy start and full tank. I replaced the fuel lines but that wasn't it. Trial and error.