Notices

Class of June 2019 part 2

Old 07-05-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Day 25 complete to Zombie. I work Saturdays to so I also am tired at the end of the week after the early gym sessions. Taking the family to the beach Sunday was the weather is still good. Perks of living in the south west!
Old 07-05-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Nice one Pete!
i have some craft hobbies and 2 projects on the go with the prospect of another 3 I'd like to start! So that'll keep me busy and will keep me away from the notion of drinking.
Hope you and your family have a great time at the beach:-)
Old 07-05-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I LOVE CRAFT PROJECTS....just saying....have some of similar happening here....jewellery making (my husband makes gorgeous chainmail jewellery and I have made some bracelets)....and candle bowls and photography that I turn into canvas wall art. Just getting back into it after way too long.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Venuscat- craft projects are great! I used to do art and would also like to get back to drawing/ painting but these projects so far take up time. When I was drinking, I still made stuff but it was never a priority and some stuff would have been half assed and left unfinished but past 25days sober I've completed a few and it's a good feeling having the sense of accomplishment. Plus whenever I'm making something, my mind clearly isn't on alcohol, bonus!
Old 07-05-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

The trouble with the NA options of the things I used to drink could sometimes trigger a desire for the real thing.

Just my opinion but think it's wise to be careful

D
Old 07-06-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Congrats to Petecrab and Zombie on 25 days. Truly an achievement and I forward to catching up. Day 15 here and third Saturday without drinking alcohol (and therefore without a hangover or the deeply depressing realisation that yet again the whole day will be lost because of a pointless Friday night of drinking). I definitely prefer this version of life.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good on you Rose!!
Where I live, I regularly have to pass an off licence to go to the shops. This morning as I passed I saw someone waiting to get in, 10am. This doesn't mean of course that this person was waiting to start drinking first thing- but I have been in the position before where I drank Friday til I blacked out, woke up Saturday and drank first thing then waited til the off licence was open to restock. Not today.
Today I slept in (til 7am lol!) but got up, enjoyed a walk in the early morning with the dog, made a great breakfast. Put a load of laundry on to be washed and went to the post office. Now I'm off to do some food shopping and it's not even 11am here!
i honestly don't miss my drunken weekends!
Old 07-06-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Well I made it through my 1st non alcoholic dinner with my mum since I can remember.. I made a alcohol free sangria and it was amazing, with pomegranate juice and cinnamon, was so much better than wine, even my partner drank it with me instead of drinking alcohol, it was very clear to me tonight by the lack of alcohol flowing that these dinners we have together are mainly fueled by my desire to drink. When I don't drink they don't drink much.

The 1st 3 weeks sober I knitted a scarf for my neice and now wanting to try croqueting but finding it quite a test to get the knack of it. I would love to set up an arts and crafts area, I used to do a lot of art, I sorta lost the desire too the more I drank.
Knitting for me is quite relaxing for now until I can figure out the croqueting business.

Dee - I think if I had non alcoholic wine, wine being my poison, would maybe tip me towards wanting a drink but I don't drink sangria so for me it was more like a new non alcoholic drink, but I definitely get what you're saying. I couldn't drink alcohol free beer if I had been a beer drinker.

So I'm very proud to say that tomorrow I will wake up to day 32..
​​​​​​
Old 07-06-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Zombie - isn't it great how much stuff we can get done when we aren't wasting it drunk and hungover, I don't miss those drunken weekends either..
Old 07-06-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Red congrats on your day 32 and your family get together going so well

I crochet and yes, it's great completing projects for people instead of them sitting half done. I use a lot of YouTube videos to help with patterns red. I'm sure it's help if you're just starting out:-)
Old 07-06-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all.
Day 23 here and I think I had some PAWS yesterday.
Reading about it, apparently it can come and go for some for a while and be subtle or really in your face.
Recognizing it was a little hard for me but once it passed I realized my anxiety may have been that as there were no obvious causes.
Is anyone using a recovery app they really like?
Have a wonderful day.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Gosh I hear you Rose....
People around me somehow weren't drinking much anymore after I stopped....my neighbours (we were good friends) and I always used to have wine or beer, mostly because I always had a glass in my hand and would offer everyone....sigh.

So glad the dinner was such a win for you. s

I have SR on my phone as well as PC and tablet, and I don't need any other recovery apps, but I just googled for you melski, and there are lists of the tops recovery apps with ratings....maybe worth a look.

You are all AMAZING.....seriously.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Definitely having the AV talking to me today, partly because I have money to buy it.
but I'm actually afraid of the consequences of drinking now

Instead I'm cooking some garlic chicken with veg and sipping a chilled diet coke. Drinking is not worth ruining my weekend!
Old 07-06-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

21 days! Its been a rollercoaster of ups and downs but glad i did not pick up the first drink.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Keep your quit!!
Old 07-06-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks Purina! :-)
Old 07-06-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Congrats Purina!!!

Having money in early recovery scared me a bit Zombie....not that I ever had much, but I also had enough to be able to buy my AV whatever it wanted after pay-day. The thing is, what my AV wanted was going to kill me....we all know that, but how do we choose the right voice to listen to? So many good answers, but I love this one:

Old 07-06-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I've seen that proverb before, very good and very apt.for me now.

It's weird because for me, the first 16 sober days were almost a breeze because I honestly didn't have any money ( I'd blown it all on booze)
So this month I don't have a lot of expendable cash but it's the fact I have it that is making the AV appear more.

I've instead went and bought good food, fruit,veg. I've read posts on here for inspiration and I've been engrossed in a project for a friend. I'm on day 26 and day 28 is my next milestone :-)
Old 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats red and melski and purina and everyone else hitting milestone today

D
Old 07-06-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Gosh you are making me smile big-time dear Zombie. s
Old 07-07-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Sunday morning here and I am back with stomach(?) issues. If you remember I though I had food poisoning back on june 27th. Throwing up, diarrrhea, nausea, etc.... After 4 days of this it went away only to come back friday(4 days later) after not eating much all day I had a burger and half way through it my stomach starts hurting again and I get all the symptoms back. I saw my dr on the 5th day I had quit(two weeks before any of this ever happened) and was prescribed Metoprolol for blood pressure. Every symptom I am having is listed in the side effects of this drug. Plus a few others are listed that I noticed the day after starting on this med. Cold fingers and toes, decreased libido, difficulty getting and maintaining an errection. Fast forward two weeks and I get the symptoms I am having that are listed on the side effects. Diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, flatulence, heartburn, abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion, feeling of fullness, excess air or gas in stomach or bowels, difficulty having a bowel movement, constipation(when I dont have diarreha)belching, feeling of fullness, horse throat, loss of appetite, decreased urine output. I did stop taking the med. Friday morning was the last time I took this extended release med so its been 48 hrs. I feel like I may feel better, I am hungry. We shall see if the vomiting and diarrhea continues. It did all last night. The dr. office was closed and the med says not to stop abruptly but I stopped anyway. I had only been taking it for 3 weeks and since I could not get ahold of my dr I decided to stop. I do have a dr appointment friday july 12th so I will go from there. I thought it was food poisoning then when I got it again I started to get concerned, then I read the side effects and thought maybe it was the new drug. Problem is I started taking the new drug on the 5th day I had quit drinking for the first time so I am not sure if its the quitting drinking and drinking related issue or if its the new med. I did have diarreha for years while I was drinking but it went away almost the day I quit. I was only going to the bathroom like every 3 days after that, till this started happening. I'll call the dr office monday to see what I can find out. I hate to stop the med before my dr gets a chance to see me and see how its working but if its causing me all these side effects its worth it. I'm just not sure if its that or something else. Other than all that its my 28th day after stopping drinking and hopefully I will find out what is going on with my stomach.