Notices

Class of June 2019 part 2

Old 07-07-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Please call your doctor Abraham.
I appreciate you will need to wait until tomorrow, most likely.....so many thoughts.....we are not allowed to do medical advice in any shape or form here, but I have experience in my life with that drug's side effects as well, and I urge you to discuss this with your GP.

Also, if you want, there is a men's forum here, and you can talk guy on guy about some of the stuff that you might want to talk about.

For today, the safest thing to do is eat as gut-friendly food as possible....treat yourself as if you were your own little one who wasn't well....scrambled eggs maybe? Or plainish toast, things like that....I really really hope you feel better. s
Old 07-07-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I have read and watched videos on the side effects of this drug. Lots of dr's say its widely accepted by folks with no issues. Others say its poison. Did you experience any GI issues such as I am having? Did you continue to take this med? Interestingly enough I did read one comment on youtube saying that this drug helped him stop drinking. Thats all the commenter said so I dont know how or why it helped him but I have been having a fairly easy time quitting also. I wonder if there is anything to that.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

It wasn't me who was on it.....and honestly, I don't know.....we need a doctor's advice here....I think it is worth you having a conversation about it. s
Old 07-07-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

thanks. as stated I do plan on having a conversation about it. I actually already tried to call but they were closed. Definitely not just going to let it go. Kind of hard to do that. With the way I feel I could not let it go, plus my dr. will want to know why I stopped taking the med? Not seeking med advice. Just wondering what side effects you witnessed. I see you dont know but thanks for the reply. I'm more or less just venting and posting for my records.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Well, I would be careful with stopping meds without advice.....it's your BP love...just saying. And my person who was on this had a lot of issues with it....some of the things you have mentioned, for sure....I understand you really want to know. I would too. s

Gosh, you don't need this....I really hope you feel better. And vent away. s
Old 07-07-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Only just started on this med and before that it has been years since I have seen a dr. I am taking amlodipene for bp but bp was still high. I figure 5 more days cant hurt till I see the dr. again. I cant go around being nauseous and throwing up all day. Hopefully stopping the med will help. If not I'll go back on it and figure out what it is.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Wow! So many milestones for our class! Congrats pete, Zombie, Red, Rose, purina and all others, on your accomplishments!!

A, I'm sorry you're dealing with GI issues. I hope you and your dr are able to get it straightened out quickly.

I'm looking forward to another sober day.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I echo what Venus and made have said, Abraham, and I really hope the doctor can sort it out for you.

Hi Venus - hope all is well with you. Nadt - like you and I suspect all other June class members, I'm looking forward to another sober day or in my case now evening because it's late afternoon here. And that will be Day 16 in the bag.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Sorry -meant to say nadt not made in the message above!
Old 07-07-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of day 27! Today has seemed really long- but in a good way. Sounds strange but I've got so much done and I've felt like I've.made the most of my time. Done loads of cooking and tomorrow going to start trying to eliminate so much chocolate. So plenty of fruit in the fridge:-)

Looking forward to hitting 4 weeks tomorrow. Although part of me is nervous because I think the last time I made a real effort, I lasted til about 34/35 days then thought-" hey, it's Friday, I can handle a night off being sober...." The rest as a lot of people realise then is history and I went from day to day being a functional alcoholic. This time does feel different though because I'm doing a lot more, I'm being more active, I've got a routine and I'm practicing gratitude everyday. I really want to see how better I can be, I want to be able to save money for things I would like. Even little things. Sounds silly but this weekend as I was shopping,I went to an ice- cream shop and got a cone of my fav flavour and walked home, just enjoying it, enjoying the day. When I was drinking, I couldn't do that, couldn't even afford it because I was pissing all my money away on booze, and it wasn't even as enjoyable as the ice- cream I had! It's things like that, that make me so grateful to be sober.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Oh no, that doesn't sound silly at all. It is one of the miracles I think....how quickly we can forget that the thought of ice cream would have made us completely ill....hangovers and ice cream? Just eeeewwwwwwwww.

This is lovely....what a perfect day. s
Old 07-07-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Venus has already made all the points I would have Abraham - I'd touch base with my doc - ongoing GI stuff is not fun

D
Old 07-07-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I did not take that med sat or today and am already feeling pretty much better. Fatigue is another side effect and I was tired. I figured it was only because I had not had food all day and was up vomiting and what not all night. Now I feel like a fog was lifted and I have my energy level back up. I am pretty sure its all from this med. Ofcourse my dr and I will figure that out. Lots of folks online saying this drug was no good for them. I guess not. I am not currently working at the moment but if I was there is no way I would have been able to go in like that. I still have a horse/sore throat the got worse today. Another listed side effect(of course throwing up a million times dont help). Thats one beta blocker that is not for me.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Zombie - you're not about to throw away the progress you've made, I just feel it in my bones! Think how great it will be in a week's time to have broken your previous 35 day record. That's definitely to look forward to.

Day 17. Third sober weekend done. Now for the third full sober week. Glad you're feeling better Abraham.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith in you too Zombie - you know in your heart it's not safe for you to drink again. Stay with us

D
Old 07-08-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time guys

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html (Class of June 2019 part 3)

D