Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 5

Old 04-14-2020, 06:38 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I got some sleep last night. Just feel really blah today, and the AV loves it when I feel so down, tries even harder to get me to pick up a drink because it knows my defences are down
Old 04-14-2020, 07:05 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

A drink will only make you feel worse - don't forget that

D
Old 04-14-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I know, that’s the only thing that’s stopping me right now
Old 04-15-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Made it to day 46 today. Yesterday was a close call but I’m still here and still sober
Old 04-21-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Bumblebee how’re you doing?
I hope you’re going ok in lockdown.
Free, how about you? Are you going ok?
Old 04-22-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Lock down is going as good as it can. Online teaching is a lot of time and effort for everyone. My first grader cannot just sit down and do it independently. I have to sit with her to help her navigate the website and input the multiple usernames and passwords.

Both my girls are receiving weekly YouTube videos from their dance teachers, but they are not interested in doing them. And I don't care to really push it either.

You would think being home the past 5 weeks, I would have so much done around the house. I have a lot of areas I would love to go through and organize. But I can barely keep my head above water with just the daily chores of cooking, cleaning and laundry. THE LAUNDRY. I don't understand how a family of 4 can produce so much laundry. It is insane.

But I am trying to remind myself - I truly have nothing to complain about. We are healthy. We are safe at home. My husband is still working. And I am not drinking.

Willow - day 46. Way to go. You should be incredibly proud of yourself.

I would love to hear from everyone else - hope all is going well. Stay safe everyone!
Old 04-25-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Re: Class of May 2018 Part 5

Hi Bumblebee and Willow xx
Bit like Willow for the last week to 10 days I have really struggled. I also drank again last week. It did not help one bit and only added to the anxiety and worry. I can t put my finger on what is wrong. Like you bumblebee I feel I should be grateful as I have a roof over my head, still have a job albeit working from home, food in the fridge and are relatively healthy. When I had counselling at rehab I used to explain issues and then say I should be grateful as others have it worse than me etc. He pointed out that what I was doing was invalidating my own feelings and denying myself the freedom to feel the way I feel. Just because someone else has some things worse than me does not mean I do not have the right to have feelings myself. Not sure I am explaining this well as I am trying not to use punctuation which makes the site go funky lol
Old 04-25-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hi Manta I totally get what you said, and I feel it too, big time x
Old 04-28-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Manta are you ok? I know things are hard, but we are still here, still struggling along, and still here for you xxx
Old 05-01-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
I hope all is doing well.
Mantra - thank you so much for sharing that. It was a breath of fresh air for me. You are right, although I am grateful... I can still have feelings. And I should not invalidate my feelings.... and view it as 'complaining.' Thank you again.
Hope your doing well Willow! Has anyone heard from Free lately? Hope she is doing good.
I am doing good overall. This whole quarantine thing has become the new normal, I guess. I allow the girls to have t.v. time in the morning until 9 a.m. Then I can wake up myself, have coffee get breakfast for them, feed the dog and prepare for the day.
Then we do school work. My first grader does about 1-1.5 hour of work each daily. She is a smart kid, which makes it easier for me.
My preschooler does a lot less, but her 'school work' is suggested and not mandatory.
Then the rest of the day the girls have some chores and play (or fight.) I am constantly busy doing something around the house. The days go really fast. I honestly could not imagine surviving the last month while drinking like I did. I would be anxious and miserable... unmotivated and constantly hung over. No, thank you.
I see so many people on social media talking about drinking more since being home. 'It's 5:00 somewhere.' Day drinking. It is a slippery slope.... at least it was for me. Once I quit working full time, and was a stay at home mom - the "start time" got earlier and earlier. Eventually there was not even a time. It was just every waking moment was wine time.
I hope everyone is having a good day today. Think about you guys all... stay safe.
Bumble
Old 05-03-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Hi Bumble you are doing such an amazing and wonderful job, you should be so proud of yourself. I hope you are managing to find some me time for yourself too. Looking after young children constantly must be huge. I have one teenager home schooling and that is a challenge, but little ones must be so much more time consuming. Some quiet time for yourself is important too. They are talking about easing our restrictions a little more here, we will see what happens next.
I hope everyone else is ok x
Old 05-06-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hi!!
Yes, Willow - I do try to make time for myself. It's hard... the girls are always needing their mommy. But the days my husband is off - he is able to take care of the mommy duties so I can workout, shower, run necessary errands and just have some quiet time. Although, I could use an entire week to myself!!! Luckily my husband is off today and tomorrow.
You have a teenager - I bet that can be tough too. People always say as they get older the problems get bigger. Right now I am dealing with the girls fighting over the remote control.... which is minor but so annoying.
Restrictions are being lifted here as well. Certain jobs are allowed to go back to work, like construction. Hair dressers are still closed. School is closed until fall (maybe longer.) We are waiting here if our pool will open this summer, but I would be surprised if it does.
Hope everyone is doing well! Say hi if you are reading this!
Take careBumble
Old 05-06-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hi Bumble you are doing such a great job with your little ones. I acquired this teenager as a teenager lol, which is very challenging, but I have no experience with little ones at all. I really admire mothers, it is such a difficult job! I never thought that I would be in my current situation, but here I am, and I am definitely looking forward to a return to school on Monday lol
Old 05-08-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hi Dee and all.. I am so down a Lady Clown in Tears and just so sad..we have a working plan I am in a week then my coworker in a week. he leaves little to no information from what the week was like and I have to work at all the email in my bin to figure out what is happening. Staff gone print gone mail maybe we have 10 bits in a day... and the coming in boxes gone and going out little to nothing..surprise hey we got the change everyone had to have.. I hate it so much.. have cleaned everything I can have repainted every bit of the inside of the house.. I am not one to sit on the couch and listen to the tick of the clock.. will not see any of my kids for this Mothers day in 29 years.. miss them all so much.. sitting here at work on Firday watching the clock go tick tick tick. at 70 years old I can feel the tick of time... no music no friends no family we all died March 29th 2020 its just the corpus keeps trying to walk around.. sorry all a Sad lady clown...
Old 05-09-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Ardy - I hope you get lots of calls and good wishes this Mothers Day.
Can you ask your coworker to leave you a little bit more information?

Lets hope that we can start to resume life as normal as soon as it's safe to do so.
D
Old 05-10-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

HI! And Happy Mother's Day to everyone that is in that role.
Willow, you are so sweet to share your love, attention and home with the "acquired" teen. And you are so lucky they are able to start back to school. Schools here are talking about still doing online work in the fall!!!!!!
Happy Mothers Day Ardy.
Today is my 2 year sobriety date (not really the actual date.) But Mother's Day 2018 was the day I surrendered told my husband all the lies and secrets. I could not live the way I was. I was barely surviving, I felt like I was drowning. Literally, drowning in alcohol. And I tried to quit the terrible cycle myself... and was unsuccessful. Each time I 'quit' it was worse.
I also told my husband about you guys, and SR. You guys are my first support group I ever had. He even asks about you guys sometimes! He knows my name on here is bumblebee.
Today, for Mother's Day, my husband bought me a beautiful necklace with a bumblebee on it.
I never really thought bumblebees were "beautiful." But this one is. At least to me, because it means so so much more.
Mothers day two years ago was the the SCARIEST moment of my life. Like a bumblebee can also be scary but the outcome was absolutely beautiful.
Bumblebee
Old 05-10-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I will try to post a pic of the necklace if I can figure it out.
Not working right now
Old 05-10-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

It may not be the date, but congrats on 2 years Bumblebee
can you post pics this way?https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...our-posts.html (How to put pics in your posts)

D
Old 05-10-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Old 05-10-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats beautiful bumblebee
D