Administrator

welcome back Free

D
Old 02-05-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hi Free!
Old 02-06-2020, 08:00 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Free!!!!! Welcome back. Great to see ya.

Willow- hi! Looks like we are not the only two now
I do lurk around a lot in other groups that you mentioned. May 2018 just feels like home and personal.

I know this is not true at all- but sometimes I feel I don’t post enough to be able to add input elsewhere. Just me being shy, I suppose.

So January is over. I am feeling a little more balanced overall in 2020. Still struggling with weight and over eating. Really going to try to work on and focus on that.

Busy as usual with my two little girls. My youngest is going into kindergarten next school year. Time is flying!!!!!

When I had my last drink my youngest was 3. Now she is 5. I’m proud to say the last almost two years of her life I have been sober for her... and my eldest... and my husband... and ME.

You guys have a fantastic sober day. Cause guess what- you deserve it! And you deserve the best!
Old 02-06-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

That’s fabulous that you’re there for your family Bumble, sobriety really is a gift ❤️

Yes I agree that this is “home”. Even though I post elsewhere, this is where it all began for me so this thread is special and important ❤️

I am happy to say I haven’t had a drink this year. 2020, the year of clear vision
I’m on day 38. The AV monster has been trying to trick me and trip me up, but I have managed to resist it so far. Although I have been eating waaaay too much sugar for my own good. So I need to stock up on some healthy snacks as alternatives to sweets, chocolate, biscuits and icecream lol

Have a great day Maysters
Old 02-10-2020, 02:19 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Are you still here Free?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Free?....

hi willow.

hope your week is going well. All kind of Valentine’s Day things going on this week. The girls both have parties. If is also my moms birthday. So we will go over tomorrow to visit her.

all is good here in my world. I can’t complain. Just going with the flow of life.

attended another (second) wedding sober. Easier then the first... less scary. But actually has more fun at the first wedding.

and guess what? Husband didn’t drink either. He is trying this sobriety thing out too. I was shocked he didn’t change his mind... open bars are so inviting.

there was a bridesmaid there that was wasted. I talked to her her in the bathroom. It is still strange for me to know that was me at one point. It is an interesting mirror.

have a great day!
Old 02-13-2020, 08:13 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hello Bumble, Willow, Dee, all

I'm been seriously ill due to alcohol. Lots of falls, verging on fits. Haven't had a drink since last Sunday so here goes!

Hope all is well for everyone.

John
Old 02-13-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hi John,
I’m glad you’re back here
I think the effects of alcohol just get worse and worse over time. It’s a scary thing.
I’m so sorry you’ve been so unwell but really glad you’re back here.

I had a really rough week. My uncle died and my cat died too and I was sooooo tempted to numb it all with alcohol. It really was touch and go. The AV had me convinced. But then I somehow snapped out of it and had a huge drink of soda water and managed to dispel the craving. It was a close call though.

I came and read and posted on SR and managed to ride it out. I’m glad this morning to wake up sober.

We can do this. Together we’re stronger

Bumble well done on a second sober wedding! I’m glad your hubby is on board too. Mine was, and kinda still is, but has had a few drinks here and there, but not many. He can do that though. I can’t. I’ve tried too many times, I always end up drinking every day and hiding drinks. I know moderation just doesn’t work for me. So it’s got to be none.

I’m on day 45 today. Some days are really tough, but the alternative (ie the endless drinking hangover cycle and all the physical illness and mental anguish that goes with it) is much much worse.

Love and support to you all ❤️
Old 02-13-2020, 07:39 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill John - I got to a very similar point. It's pretty much a dead end that way.

Best wishes thoughts and prayers to you, Willow andBumblebee, and Free
Old 02-14-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I always like seeing May2018 thread come up! I try and post on it as soon as I see it. Hard to believe that it will be two years soon.
John, I really appreciate you being honest and posting your journey. This time of year has always been difficult for me. I reached some of my lowest points around this time.
A few weeks ago I had a creepy sensation that it was inevitable that I was going to drink again. I began identifying with the feeling and the drinking dreams began. I read a lot on here and was reminded over and over by people's post that it would end in disaster.
What really unnerved me was that it came out of nowhere. This disease is profound.
Happy to say I am doing well and I continue to reap the benefits of a sober life!
Old 02-14-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you got through that GettingCloser
Great to hear from you too!
D
Old 02-15-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just popping back to see how everyone is. On day 6 again after a relapse just before Xmas.

Have completed 3 and 4 months of sobriety a few times since May 2018, and did 6 months sober until December 2019. So I've done well but not made it stick just yet. The good thing is, I understand that nothing changes when I go back to drinking, Whatever I am seeking from drink, well it isn't there. All that awaits is misery and addiction.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good to see you Gettingcloser and Primativo
Yes it is hard to believe it’s been nearly 2 years Gettingcloser. Have you managed to stay sober the whole time? Bumblebee has, which is really awesome
I had over a year sober but had some hiccups along the way and relapsed.
But the important thing is that we learn from our mistakes and get stronger, and keep trying. We can’t give up and give in to the AV. We will make it stick.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill John - I got to a very similar point. It's pretty much a dead end that way.

Best wishes thoughts and prayers to you, Willow andBumblebee, and Free
Thanks Dee
Old 02-15-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi Willow!
Yes, I have managed to stay sober. I have this deep fear of alcohol now. I have a new job at work where drinking is encouraged and expected. This caused me some stress because I haven't put myself in a situation like that since I got sober. I began having drinking dreams again which was unsettling.
I realized through this experience that I am stronger and more committed then I thought because deep down I knew I wouldn't take that first drink.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

That’s so great to hear Gettingcloser
I’m really proud of you
Sobriety is hate but worth it
Old 02-20-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I only have a moment to say hi! I was so excited to see some of you pop back into the thread!!!!

Hope you guys are having a great day.

going to deep creek lake this weekend. Will type more soon.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee
Old 02-24-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Just popping in to see if any Maysters are around?
I had a really crap week and have been feeling so low, fighting with my partner and just feeling sad, depressed, anxious and totally blah.
So I’m going to see my doctor this afternoon and have a big chat about setting in place a plan for recovery rather than just trying not to drink by willpower alone because it’s not working very well.
I’m glad I’ve finally taken the step to book a doctors appointment, instead of humming and haaaing about it and keeping putting it off. It feels like what I need to do. Now it’s locked in Eddie
Old 02-24-2020, 11:23 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope talking with your Doc can help Willow

D