Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 5

Old 03-21-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Lovely to see you Bumblebee xx

The food situation is getting dire here too Willow. Trouble is with the hoarding I am having to venture out way more often than I would normally as there is nothing there when I get there and then have to try again the next day. If people weren’t doing that Everyone would just shop once a week which would also cut down the transmission risk hugely too. What can you do though?

Before Xmas I got some Huel which is a plant based shake you make with all the essentials vitamins/minerals/protein and carbs to keep healthy so I am replacing a meal a day with that just to reduce the need for the food that I can’t get anyway!

Keep strong Willow, Bumblebee, John and any other Mayster lurkers xx
Old 03-21-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Manta the shakes are a good idea actually. I might look at something similar...
You’re right about if everyone just did their normal shopping there’d be enough for everyone.
I asked a shop assistant when I could get toilet paper. She said that you need to be there 5 minutes before opening time and join the mad rush because they only stock up overnight and it all sells first thing in the morning. A mad dash with a heap of other people all scrambling to buy it sounds like a prime way to share virus IMHO. Hmmmm.
Some people must have garages or spare rooms full of toilet paper!

It’s crazy times.
I’m struggling with anxiety at the moment, and the situation has me feeling like I’m constantly in a state of low - medium level anxiety, with peaks when I think too much or when I get overwhelmed. It’s something I really need to find ways to settle down, because anxiety is a trigger for me,

I think I need to get outside and get walking, like you suggested Manta. Every day.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Walking / exercise has a chemical reaction in the brain so it’s one natural way to release some cortisol which is the stress chemical and produce dopamine the feel good stuff. It’s better than nothing and I have to do something before I crumble! Been reading up on cold showers too as this is proven to have a big effect on reducing anxiety and depression... x
Old 03-21-2020, 04:32 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us are at that constant level of stress Willow.

It's normal and natural to feel it in this time of fear and uncertainty - but we can't drink on it.

Things like exercise, reading, favourite shows, hobbies projects, even house cleaning help me.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:43 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Manta.
Yes I think we’re all feeling stressed about the current uncertainty.

I agree about exercising and doing things we enjoy. We need to keep doing things.
I don’t intend to drink at all. I have no wine and won’t be going to get any.
There’s beer here (my partner’s) but I had zero interest in beer even when I was drinking. A former drinking buddy told me yesterday she bought 12 bottles of whiskey to tide her over and she was still quite worried she might not have enough if we go into lockdown. Ugggh. Thank goodness I don’t have to worry about running out of grog, just another stressor.

We need to get through this sober. I’m thinking about going for a walk.... it’s nearly 2pm and it seems quiet out at the moment.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Bumblebee. Willow mentioned she was popping back to the 2018 classes and I figured I would check for "familiar faces". I am so glad you are doing well. Have you been sober since May 2018? It appears so to me and that is wonderful.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you. You were a big part of my success in the spring/summer of 2018 and that period seems to have given me enough of a window into sobriety to want to really fight for it. It has been quite a process. Been finding support in the Jan 2020 class this year and have made it back to 80 days.

Stay safe and sound. The world has changed a bit since 2018.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie

And I popped into the 2018 class of June too Bumblebee
I hope you’re going ok x
Old 04-01-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!!!

Wolfie - yes. Yes, I have been sober since May 2018. It has been an interesting ride. Good and bad. Ups and downs. But overall, definitely more ups then downs.

It is an amazing feeling on the inside of my heart to hear that I was part of your success. Amazing work on 80 days! I am still on your team, cheering for ya!

Life is crazy. Not crazy busy (like usual).... crazy scary and unknown. My girls are officially not going back to school this school year. Online instruction begins April 13th. My first grader will finish the school year from home, online.

We are all adjusting to the new norm in our home. My brain has been having a difficulty slowing down to enjoy this down time. I was up this morning at 5:00 am.

I had a horrific headache the past few days. It finally lifted yesterday. Makes me grateful for my health right now.

Well guys - know I think about you all often. I hear my youngest little feet coming down the steps... and I know she is going to want her good morning hugs.

Stay safe everyone
Bumble
Old 04-01-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Bumblebee

D
Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear Bumblebee
It’s a very different world these days that’s for sure!
I’m up to a month sober again now and I’m very grateful to be sober in this challenging time.
Home schooling here too now. Interesting with a moody teenager in the house constantly ...
Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hello class!

😍

So wonderful to read your posts.

I’m out of work. Have lost lots of money in market.

My daughter is dying slowly from meth addiction on the streets in a midwestern city.

My twins are doing okay, both lost their jobs but they are living with their dad, so not starving.

Hoping things turn around soon.

For everyone.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all the very tough things you have going on Free.
Why not start posting regularly here again for support?

D
Old 04-06-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hi Free
So lovely to hear from you. Sorry about the sad and difficult things going on for you, and added to the current situation and uncertainty.
I hope things look up soon.
Please keep posting

I’m back at day 37 and I want to make sure sobriety sticks this time, so I’m reading and posting on SR every day.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Lovely to see you Free x. Back on Day 1. Same as you Willow I know it’s got to stick this time before I run out of chances. I’ve still been picking up once a week and every time drink to blackout. Way worse than I was before rehab, or maybe I just don’t remember how bad it was before and that’s part of the problem.

I am going to go for a walk before I start work in the morning just to try and get my head clear and some fresh air in my lungs. I’ve not left the house for 5 days with the exception of yesterday to buy wine, but apart from that not been walking or anything. Got to get a healthy routine going x
Old 04-07-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

((((Manta)))) I’m so glad you’re here with us x
My relapses got worse. Although I wasn’t blacking out, each time I drank I was straight back to drinking steadily, every moment I could, hiding bottles everywhere, including in my bag and in my car so I wouldn’t run out and so I could have a sneaky drink anywhere, anytime. Sucked back down the rabbit hole into drinking and depression. I don’t want to go back there again . Whenever I feel tempted to drink, I think about how depressed I was after my last weekend of drinking all weekend. Ugggh. Nope. I don’t ever want to go back there.

I just keep telling myself I will not drink today.
One day at a time.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hey Bumblebee, Free, Manta, how’re you all going? xx
Old 04-12-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi!!!

doing okay overall. Can’t complain, really.

easter was today. It was a very strange Easter with corana and social distancing. No family Easter meals. Family that visited dropped off some baskets for the girls and stayed outside.

our school district starts online teaching tomorrow. And they announced it will continue until the end of the school year. it is sad and weird to think my daughter will never go back into her school as a first grader. And my youngest daughter will not ever go back into preschool.

i am a home body. Love being home... but ready for life to get back to normal. Feelings of depression, anxiety and lack of motivation are sneaking in.

thankfully I am not drinking, it would be way worse.

how are you guys doing? Mantra. Free. Willow. And everyone else I didn’t mention.... I am thinking of all of you.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bumblebee

D
Old 04-14-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee and Dee
I agree, it was a weird Easter. We spent most of it painting our kitchen and sitting room and hallway. Took ages but looks nice and fresh now.
I had some anxiety and some major AV attacks over the weekend but thankfully got through it unscathed by alcohol.

Had a long sad day today, our cat died suddenly last night, I found him dead just outside the door, it was awful I didn’t sleep at all last night, and I’m feeling flat, sad and exhausted. I was so tempted to buy a bottle of wine on my way home after I took him to the pet crematorium, but I reminded myself how depressed I was last time I drank and I didn’t buy any.
It’s 7pm and I’m going to have a shower and go to bed.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you got a little sleep last night Willow.

D