Notices

Class of March 2019 Part 2

Old 03-28-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Dee and LoveDD....good for you ingnoring the AV Love, I really am going to plan for those times and maybe get away from the house and not worry so much about getting everything done here all the time.
Congrats on 17 days Kinzo!

just home from work and not feeling so great so drinking some tea and going to find a good show to watch. Nite all
Old 03-28-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMyBoy86 View Post
hey all checking in on a beautiful day 25 from windswept Newfoundland.
Had our first house viewing yesterday and didnt finish my renovation work till about an hour before but we pulled it off. Feeling very tired but very content today. Doing what I just did would have been unimaginable while I was still drinking. I feel so fortunate Ive been able to find some success in maintaining sobriety despite a few setbacks. onwards and upwards.
Sending you all the very very best that i can
Man you are killing it FMB. Keep going with it. Great feedback. And thanks for the well wishes.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Mariah, reset and start again with new knowledge of your triggers. If it's lingering around the house, make plans to go do something new to break up the day. Make sure there is no booze around before the long day at home.

As normal as it feels to drink while doing mundane chores, you can really accomplish so much more when you take it off the table. My weekends used to start much the same way as you describe. But by midday, much of my motivation for getting things done disappeared and just sitting and drinking became the day. Chores never got fully completed and I missed out on opportunities to do more quality stuff with my kids. And the next day would be a wash as I recovered or started drinking again.

Now, I'm like a chore monster. Just feed me more stuff to do and it gets done. Then I feel refreshingly exhausted and get a great night sleep . Wake up early to a hole day to fill with anything "I " want to do. I am loving my sober life.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benjamin123 View Post
hello everyone . This is my day 1. I’ve been here before and failed as I talked myself out of the truth. I hope this time I am able to find the strength to abstain permanently. I now realise that if I don’t do this I won’t break the cycle of my habit and bad behaviour. I don’t want to be ashamed any more.
Hi Ben,

I am back on my Day 1 too. I caved after 2 days and thought, "it's ok" and it's really not.

Hope we do great!
Old 03-28-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back NicLin- what are you going to do the next time you think 'its ok'?

D
Old 03-28-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Checking on Day 1 again. Feels great to be in bed sober.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back NicLin- what are you going to do the next time you think 'its ok'?

D

I learned from other threads and this one to say to my urge, "this too shall pass."

And I will call my mom, dad or sister, anyone and leave my house for a bit.

Thanks for checking up on me.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm back. Another day 1. I'm not sure what to do different. Being consistant with using the tools I have are a must though. I grocery shopped for the next 2 weeks yesterday and bought fuel that will last a week, so I have no reason to go into a store to buy beer. I feel like I just need to fight tooth and nail to get a few weeks sober in. I know it starts to get better after that. I just had a good cry, I want so badly to be done with the poison for good.

Hope you all are well.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day five today. The week has gone by pretty quickly, but the weeks tend to be the easy ones for me to avoid problems. I had a work event yesterday with a happy hour associated with it and I just had a sparkling water, so good on me. I'm just going to avoid any temptations this weekend. A week from today I'm going on vacation, which will be a test. Stay well all.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your both here and posting Citrus and NicLin...thinking of the summer ahead and how much better it will be sober. Great going in 4 days forenite!

very tired and went back to sleep this am, which is unusual for me, leaving for work in an hour so going to walk the dog and fix some breakfast, looking forward to a sober weekend

Old 03-29-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Nearing the end of Day 4. Well done everyone who's stuck the course and those who've come back. Tonight I'm irritable as all hell. But this too shall pass (I keep telling myself...)
Old 03-29-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

hey all, evening check in here
Thanks for the kind words Finalround. Feels good to have some momentum going.
Good to have you back to those who have had slips but are committed to trying again. Never defeated until you stop trying right!?
Old 03-29-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Made it through the week. I had to stop by the store and get a few things and white knuckled it past the beer. Couldn’t get out of the store fast enough. Home now drinking a ginger ale and watching a movie with the kids.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice way to spend the evening Foreright! Enjoy the movie with the kids😊 I’m home for the night too with a cup of chamomile tea.

Your doing fabulous fore my boys and Final, thank you for your posts, so encouraging👍

I started seeing a councilor a couple of months ago but only saw her a few times, then started new job and cancelled the last two appointments but am scheduled for an appt early next week on my day off and now have a regular schedule, so I am going to commit to seeing her once a week. She diagnosed me with severe social anxiety, which I already knew. The last councilor I had was a real smuck, but I think this one is a good one, I like her. I’m back to taking my anxiety medications regularly and seems to be helping and know eliminating alcohol is a must to get the benefits of Councelling and medication.

Im going to start some journaling and write a list of things ide like to do and places ide like to go locally for hikes with my dog. I live in a beautiful place and so many great day trips I can take for waterfalls, lighthouses, beaches, hiking trails. Anyway, exciting to think about and sure a better way of spending my time than drinking.

Hope me everyone has a good weekend

Old 03-29-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Citrus

The best thing I can advise for anyone is to commit to posting here at least daily if not more than that- and post here before you drink.

D
Old 03-30-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 18

I'm tired.

Goodnight all.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 71 its here.. Going to the AFL now and starting a new job Monday. Doing fine but had back tingles last night so got a **** sleep.
Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the game Sober81

D
Old 03-30-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Kinzoku, I ate (and still do) lots of fresh fruit. The natural sugars and fiber and nutrients did wonders for me. Add in some light exercise and gradually it lifted me out of that dull , achy feeling you describe.

I've become kind of a fruit snob now. I spend lots of time picking through to find only the best ones. I time my purchase of types of fruit by season and peak ripeness and flavor. I'm the guy you see sniffing the bottom of a cantelope to check its ripeness. And I only buy 2 or 3 of each per visit so I only have the freshest fruit on hand.

And don't get me started on vegetables...
FinalRound and Kinsotku,

I’m finding fresh fruit is really helping my mood and I just feel healthy after I have one.
I usually put in fat free yogurt, frozen banana, peaches, strawberries and/or blueberries with some protein powder, take my vitamins and Omega-3 (incredible for your health) . I double the recipe and have a second one in the fridge for next day. It might be just in my mind, but I literally get this burst of energy and well-being after I drink one. It’s like all of these fresh nutrients are helping to bring my body and mind back to life. NTM, they taste incredible😄
Old 03-30-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74 it was a good time.