Notices

Class of March 2019 Part 2

Old 03-24-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree. The problem is I'm in the nasty habit of posting when I know I'm acting out. When I know my side of the street is dirty as hell.

I do wanna go to this meeting tomorrow though, it's just they all seem so CLEAN!!! Decades sober, most of those who speak...
Old 03-24-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

No matter how many years someone has we all started with one day and we can only stay sober one day at a time Tetrax - I hope you go.

D
Old 03-24-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope your interview goes well Sober81

Kinzoku-hope your pain eases soon

Final-great to read your post and see you being so positive and happy

Tetrax-good to see you back. The meeting sounds like a good plan.

So I slept well though still feel tired and groggy. But sober. Thinking I had nearly 60 days then drank. Of course I am back at day 1 in my day count but wondering if my body and brain will adjust more quickly as only drank for a couple of nights. Don't feel like I am in full withdrawal as don't know if I drank enough and for long enough like I was before. Hoping I bounce back and feel good again soon. Though of course I can't keep doing this.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Interview went fantastic thanks, fingers crossed.

Does anyone now get tingly sensations in their back/body? They can be really distracting
Old 03-25-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hope your interview goes well Sober81

Kinzoku-hope your pain eases soon

Final-great to read your post and see you being so positive and happy

Tetrax-good to see you back. The meeting sounds like a good plan.

So I slept well though still feel tired and groggy. But sober. Thinking I had nearly 60 days then drank. Of course I am back at day 1 in my day count but wondering if my body and brain will adjust more quickly as only drank for a couple of nights. Don't feel like I am in full withdrawal as don't know if I drank enough and for long enough like I was before. Hoping I bounce back and feel good again soon. Though of course I can't keep doing this.
I am back to the state where I was the day before I drank. I think the adjustment should happen sooner. It took me a couple of days. But the day count is going to take time. This time I am not concerned about day count. 1 day at a time.

I feel all previous attempts failed because mind kept saying it's 10 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month and some how the Evil AV could convince I can handle it better. Yes the drinking period did shrink, but they need to shrink to 0, there needs to be no drinking AT ALL.

Have a great day.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 6

hi sober81! Glad your interview went well!
I hate that strange feeling on my back too! What is it?
Happy Monday all! It’s good to head to work without having the after effects of a regular weekend.
One problem is that I’m very tired since I haven’t drank. I’m not a usual napper or much of a sleeper, but these past few days, wow! 😴 I remember similar reaction my last sober time. Hopefully it quickly evens out to just a good night sleep.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Braved work today - getting told lots of really really embarrassing stories today. I want the world to swallow me up.

On on the plus side , this is encouraging for me not to do that again
Old 03-25-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I drank twice on vacation in January after 3 1/2 months. I thought for sure I wouldn't have withdrawal symptoms after such a short drink. I did. 3 days of night sweats and a close to a weak of feeling off. Pushing myself to exercise (outside) and eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies helped give me a boost. Only way to NOT feel that way is to not pick up.

Not sure why, but our body chemistry changes I guess as drinkers. The pull towards it, and the desire to reject it. It's an exhausting tug of war. Early on the addiction is strong and we feel we can't win. We've got to keep trying. Keep getting stronger. Find our addictions weakness. Push ourselves away from all the negatives of alcohol. Remind ourselves of those. The hangovers. Lost time with our kids, friends, work, etc. the physical effects, weight gain, bloating, dry skin and hair, bloodshot eyes, digestive issues, liver pain, poor sleep. The drain on our finances. The poor choices we make. The desperation. The ruined relationships and embarrassing actions. The regret. The anxiety.

What keeps us going back knowing all those negatives?

Today, let's choose to win. Just today let's commit to a better us without the poison that ruins it.

Just today.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great post Finalround, thanks. You nailed it- ‘exhausting tug of war’. I just want it to stop.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benjamin123 View Post
getting told lots of really really embarrassing stories today. I want the world to swallow me up.
I remember this feeling well. and its horrifying. But the good news is we can make it just a memory . Hang in there!

hey all. Worked through the weekend so i decided to take the day off to hang out with my son and recharge a bit. gonna take him to the beach (in his snowsuit). My father was a workaholic and it always came first, i wont repeat that
Old 03-25-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nycway1 View Post
hi sober81! Glad your interview went well!
I hate that strange feeling on my back too! What is it?
Thanks!
Sorry to hear you have it too but glad to hear i'm not alone.
Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could shed some light on it for us?
Night mate.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nycway1 View Post
Great post Finalround, thanks. You nailed it- ‘exhausting tug of war’. I just want it to stop.
I second that, well done Finalround & great post. Posts like that give us a sturn reminder of why we choose to stop. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Checking in. It's gonna be a wonderful sober day here in ugly West Texas. Wishing everyone the best!
Old 03-25-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

New here:..Been sober 25 days it’s been a battle everyday
Old 03-25-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Twc92 View Post
New here:..Been sober 25 days it’s been a battle everyday
Hang in there mate. It does get easier and quality of life for you is still to improve exponentially. The struggle is worth it although at times it doesn't feel like it.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Today is day 1 for me, again. I’m sad and so sorry I drank again. I never want to feel this way again. I love how I feel when I’m sober.

I need advice/help making a plan. A stronger plan for fighting off the AV when it starts screaming at me in the late afternoon.

I’m going to re-read a couple of books that helped me a lot in the past, and stay closer to this site and all of you than I have been.

Thank you ❤️
Old 03-25-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi - new here too. Just posted over in the intro section. I'm trying to figure out an approach that works too. Just sort of half committing on my own isn't getting it done.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hey TWC, ForeRight, BlueWellies and anyone ive missed : )

Welcome, and congrats for having the strength to want to make a change in your lives. Wishing you the best
Old 03-25-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

WelcomeTWC, ForeRight, BlueWellies

Great post, Final Round, thank you

Good day today although still very tired. Exercised this morning, long day at work. The sun shone all day so I cam home and chopped some wood. Ate well all day too and now pretty shattered. Just need to rinse and repeat tomorrow.

Good night all.x
Old 03-25-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Blue Welies ForeRight and twc