Notices

Class of March 2019 Part 2

Old 03-27-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Man, my legs hurt so much .... just back from martial arts class. Hot shower dinner, green tea and bed.
I'm starting to think martial arts is not a good idea for someone that's nearly 60.
First ever SMART meeting tomorrow evening. Will let you know how I go.
Hope everyone is doing OK, One minute, one hour, one day at a time.
Good night classmates.
JS
Old 03-27-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 8

Good morning all!
This week has been easier than I expected. Minor thoughts and cravings. Maybe because I’m so tired? I’m enjoying being tired though. Weird isn’t that? Wake up, work, minor chore or workout, dinner, shower, bed, repeat. Being exhausted makes staying sober easier. No drive or energy to buy wine, let alone the struggle of uncorking! 😂
Happy Hump Day all!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I can relate Nycway. After the initial detox was over I have found myself absolutely exhausted which has definately decreased the cravings/thoughts of drinking (I’m also a wine drinker). Getting as much rest as possible on my end between kids/work!
Old 03-27-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 3 here. I find myself being very testy and no energy. Just plugging away trying to make it through the day.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForeRight View Post
Hi everyone. Day 3 here. I find myself being very testy and no energy. Just plugging away trying to make it through the day.
Stick with it foreright. My day 4 here - had a stressful day at work today, called in the supermarket on the way home for some food I’d have normally grabbed a few beers or some wine at the same time but managed to resist. I’ve figured today I need to find another way of coping with stress triggers.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 2 coming to a close. It's scary the personality change I see in myself and what I write here and elsewhere when under the influence. Just been thinking about that this evening.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah it's pretty startling - for everyone I think.

Welcome back Tetrax
Old 03-27-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It's strange how we can visualize and "hear" the tone of a post. Pretty sure it's because we've all been there.

Closing out another sober day here. I am getting a ton of things done this month. Getting ready for a big spring clean out . Probably more of a purge! Stuff. It just piles up the things we acquire and hold onto. It creates additional stress for me to have so much clutter. Yard sale and then dumpster.

I. Going to make sure I have a calm and stress free summer.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

On my way home now. Man I’m in a bad mood. Everything around me is just pissing me off. Morons at work, contractor doing some work at our house is screwing things up, the people on the bus are having moronic conversations. Feel like I want to explode and stop and buy a six pack on the way home. I’m not going to, but ugh!

Old 03-27-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForeRight View Post
On my way home now. Man I’m in a bad mood. Everything around me is just pissing me off. Morons at work, contractor doing some work at our house is screwing things up, the people on the bus are having moronic conversations. Feel like I want to explode and stop and buy a six pack on the way home. I’m not going to, but ugh!

Haha! Man I remember those days. I was pissed at everyone. And they were all so stupid!

But I knew it wasn't. It was part of the detox. I would come home, eat and go right to bed. Read and fall asleep. There was nothing rational about my rage and trying to communicate with others would only upset them too.

Good on you for posting. Do what you need to do to get through this. Even if it means white knuckling it at times. It doesnt last long. Try eating some sweets. Hot chocolate always helped me too.

You'll be ok as long as you don't drink.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 16

Tetrax, killing it! Glad you are back.

I see a lot of people fighting the good fight here, and that is great.

My body is still in rough shape today after a long sleep so idk whats up but I'm gonna try not to worry too much. Not much I can do about it until my medical kicks in anyhow and lets hope its just the shroud of alcohol leaving me.

A guy on the train drank beside me on the way home.

Facebook showed me a post from 7 years ago saying I was trying to get sober. Wow.

So I'm doing the right thing, that must be what the universe is saying.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks, Finalround. I got home and ate, drank some water, and am now about to turn in. I did call and read the riot act to my contractor, but he deserved it.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 5. Flying to Oslo today for a relaxing weekend with my better half. I’d normally be having a drink but I actually feel good that I won’t be doing , partly because it’s one of the most expensive city’s in the world for a beer ! Either way I’m determined to be a better me ! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday Eve!
Day 9 and and my bday! Leaving work early and treating my self to a mani/pedi. Will have a quiet dinner at home with my son. I requested either carrot cake or Italian cheesecake. 😋 My guy is taking me on a staycation this weekend. Usually he’ll bring a few bottles of Prosecco for me to drink in the room. I told him nope, not this time. He’s barely a drinker and doesn’t truly understand or think I have a serious alcohol issue. Of course we don’t live together so much of my daily life is unseen to him. Whatever his thoughts are he’s onboard and won’t even have his one usual staycation drink. (Usually one fancy fruity martini).
Wishing everyone a happy sober day!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Kinzoku, I ate (and still do) lots of fresh fruit. The natural sugars and fiber and nutrients did wonders for me. Add in some light exercise and gradually it lifted me out of that dull , achy feeling you describe.

I've become kind of a fruit snob now. I spend lots of time picking through to find only the best ones. I time my purchase of types of fruit by season and peak ripeness and flavor. I'm the guy you see sniffing the bottom of a cantelope to check its ripeness. And I only buy 2 or 3 of each per visit so I only have the freshest fruit on hand.

And don't get me started on vegetables...
Old 03-28-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

hey all checking in on a beautiful day 25 from windswept Newfoundland.
Had our first house viewing yesterday and didnt finish my renovation work till about an hour before but we pulled it off. Feeling very tired but very content today. Doing what I just did would have been unimaginable while I was still drinking. I feel so fortunate Ive been able to find some success in maintaining sobriety despite a few setbacks. onwards and upwards.
Sending you all the very very best that i can
Old 03-28-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi All.....I didn’t make it through my 3 day weekend, wasted days held up here at home, cleaning while drinking. Back with 1 day. I will need to plan better when I have time off....being home with a list of things I feel I need to get done is definitely a trigger for me
Old 03-28-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Mariah I’m sorry you drank but happy you are back. I too struggle the most when I’m off work and home “doing stuff around the house”. Cleaning/chores is when I enjoy drinking wine the most. I could really take or leave drinking while out socializing. Today is actually my first day of a few off work and the cravings were definately there knowing I’d be hanging around the house. Luckily I played the tape forward and decided I am not going to drink today.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Mariah

D
Old 03-28-2019, 07:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 17

How come I can't remember the day and always have to go look it up? I post everyday -_-

Lets see. Again with the body issues today, I dunno whats going on and it does scare me a bit if i'm being real.

By midday I felt a bit better and got some decent work done at the office.

Met my girl for a bit but I was a little distant, just, not that present.

Everyday I read my book and try to sit and just be in the moment, it helps a little but...I don't know how I did it all those years ago.

When I had my long stretch of sobriety I was really killing it, I have to get back there because that version of me was great.

Or is that just romanticising again? It was hard for sure, and i had the body problems then too.

Bottom line is I'm here, I'm sober, I made it another day.

I wish you all well.