Administrator

Class of March 2019 Part 2

we continue from here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 03-24-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!!
Glad to be here this morning without my usual Sunday morning hangover! 🤤 I would usually try to force myself to the gym to prove alcohol didn’t effect me. This morning though, sober, I am treating myself to
a relaxing morning of whatever I want to do. SR and Netflix!
Hope everyone had a great day and easy time staying sober.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Finalround, congrats on protecting your sobriety, and also not shutting out your friends. Also, now i have Reuban sandwichs on the brain, thanks alot I

Happy sunday all
Old 03-24-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMyBoy86 View Post
Hey Finalround, congrats on protecting your sobriety, and also not shutting out your friends. Also, now i have Reuban sandwichs on the brain, thanks alot I

Happy sunday all
Sooooo good. My favorite sandwich.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello

hello everyone . This is my day 1. I’ve been here before and failed as I talked myself out of the truth. I hope this time I am able to find the strength to abstain permanently. I now realise that if I don’t do this I won’t break the cycle of my habit and bad behaviour. I don’t want to be ashamed any more.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Benjamin, great decision and glad you have joined us here. Much support and encouragement here!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi guys hope everyone is doing well.
i'm on day 65 and i'm really struggling. I feel so vulnerable, emotional, bouts of depression and anxiety.
i thought things were meant to get better not drinking..
it's like all these emotions i use to mask with booze are so raw and i ******* hate it.
is this normal. It's 11:30pm and i have a job interview in the morning and i cant sleep.
Ive had 15mg valium, 10mg mogadon this arvo/ evening. Plus 125mg baclofen today. I just cant zonk out.
its like the longer i go without a drink the worse these feelings are getting.
i'm not at risk of relapse atm but im just at my wits end.
is any of this normal?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I’m sorry your having these feeling sober, I’m early days so have no advice but wanted to offer support and encouragement. I believe 60 days is a time many suffer from PAWS? Maybe a visit with your Doc.
im glad you posted. I’ve been falling asleep to meditations from you tube and hope your able to get some sleep...Good thoughts your way for contentment and a successful interview
Old 03-24-2019, 11:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I never want to feel the way I felt the mornings this week ever again. Still don't feel great but sober and will be having an early night.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 13

Looks like I'm approaching two weeks eh?

Sober, I'm sorry you are struggling.

I don't feel like things automatically get better. We need to work for them, maybe even more sober.

Perhaps older members have better suggestions than me on how to do that.

I wish you well.

Ready, its nice to hear that you are with us and sober! No more hungover mornings
Old 03-24-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Hi Benjamin, great decision and glad you have joined us here. Much support and encouragement here!
thank you Mariah

ive had a good chat with my partner today and have told some friends. I cleared the house of alcohol. I’ve spent all day thinking about my behaviour and the person I don’t want to be. I have to do this , I owe it to my family and myself.

My my mum was an alcoholic. She died 7 years ago next month. She was only 56. It still cuts me up now, I owe it to my family to make sure that I am around as long as possible for them.

Apparently I was going to drink drive last night although I can’t remeber. Imagine if I was caught or worse dead I would lose my job, then we would lose our home everything.

I cannot be that person. I’ve spent a lot of time today considering how better my life would be sober. I’m going to take this one step at a time. I have two more weddings coming up this year, a holiday and other social events. I’ve been thinking about how I will deal with these situations , I hope forward thinking will help me stay the sober nice person that I am, not the drunk nasty embarrassing monster.

i am also thinking of referring myself for some counciling to help me deal with my inner demons

thankyou for all the advice and encouragement today
Old 03-24-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Kinzoku Congrats on your 2 weeks

Sorry to hear you're struggling Sober81. Take it from me drinking won't solve anything. It will just make you feel even worse.

just had to google a Reuban sandwich I love reading about all your American food i could just eat a steak and cheese sandwich now!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kinds words! I just had a read about PAWS..
I'd never heard about it, reading about it gave me comfort.
It's definitely a possibly of what im going through.

I actually ended up getting a decent nights sleep. Went straight to bed after my post. No groggy feels from the mogadons.
fingers crossed for the interview.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My body feels like its betraying me today.

Old pain flareups, constipation, and these last two days bad sleeps.

I know this happens when I quit, although on the second weekend is not when I'd expect.

I just have to remember that it can't possibly be a bad thing to be without booze, whatever my strange body is saying to me.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

To anyone finding the way hard today - please keep going - it can and will get better - I promise

Welcome Benjamin

D
Old 03-24-2019, 08:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes, it does get better. I'm proof of it. I am in an incredibly wonderful place right now. I feel balance and joy. There are still ups and downs but they are short lived and I can deal with them clearly.

Sober81, I went thru several mood swings around 2 months. I remember being very angry suddenly.n at everything. It was exactly 60 days. Found others that experienced similar. It gets better. There is no exact date for it to all work out, it's different for everybody. But the more you put into sobriety the more you get from it.

Finishing up a superb weekend with friends and family as I fully accepted my sober self. It's not the new me, it's the best me.

Strength to you all.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I really want to re-join this class (and AA that I had been going to), but feel ashamed for my continuing drinking.

Basically I relapsed on Monday and I've basically been monitoring myself through the week, 'Perhaps I've learnt some lessons', I thought. 'I won't let it get so bad...'

I made a new rule of never buying wine, only beer. But all it took was one bad night on Friday to tip me back into a 24 hour drinker. EVEN WITH BEER! Naive, I know.

GODDAMMIT I'M AN ALCOHOLIC.

And this is actually what I LIKE about AA meetings, saying this whenever you speak. 'Cause it reinforces the truth, and discounts any denial.

Speaking of, there is one of my favourite meetings tomorrow (Monday) night and I have no excuse for not going.

That is all.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was wondering how you were doing tetrax, glad that you are back and going to meetings.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I must admit, it's more planning on going to meetings at this stage. I haven't actually been since relapsing.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well I'd say also post everyday right? It will help keep you accountable.