Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 10

Old 04-02-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Awww. Hugs and tears, Bonnie. I'm so sorry. I'm sure she passed peacefully secure in knowing you loved her until the end. She'll be waiting for you on the other side when you cross over. A drink would only make your grief worse -- and sloppier. Blessings to you and your family.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

So sorry, matrac.
Feel your grief, share it with your loved ones, it's real.
Sincere sympathy to you all.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Bonnie.

D
Old 04-02-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Bonnie, so so sorry.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Ah Bonnie, courage and healing to you. So so sorry. May your fuzzy family member be now free of pain and in some divine canine reality that smells really interesting . . . .I'm trying to imagine a dog heaven and that is the best I can come up with.

Big hug to you and your family!
Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Morning SR friends,

Thinking of you all... Ayers, Darkling, Dee, Alice, Bonnie, Bekind, Barbs, DoubleDee, Caramel, Mike, Bob... Also has anyone seen Red anywhere on here? I spoke with Red often, may send a private message...

Bonnie, so very sorry to hear this. Sending so much love, strength and prayers for you. I hope you stay strong and resist any urges to drink. Stay close to us, here anytime you need to chat! Thinking of you.

Darkling, I'm gutted you're leaving, I support what ever you feel is best for you but I too slipped and am right back to where you are but I can't leave this group, we know each other so well in here and that's such a rock of support. I hope you're ok and please do check in here every so often, I'm still hoping you change your mind and stick with us, will sure miss you but I wish you all the best in what ever you decide. I may send you a message every so often and stay in touch if that's ok.

Bekind, hope your having a great break away with your sisters Granddaughter.

Barbs, hope this morning goes ok for you and safe journey to Nashville, I hope all is ok with your Mom too and when you have a little more time I must ask you about your CBT, from your posts it feels you're doing a lot more than I am. Anyway we can chat about this another time.

Alice, nice to hear you're away with your Fiancé, sounds good for you. Wishing you all the best with the job hunt and to answer your question, yes I do believe in ghosts, I'm very spiritual so I believe in an after life so I do believe there must be some spiritual life around, haven't experienced anything personally though.

Well it's now 7:45am, I've really slipped with my new morning plans, I'm meant to get out for a walk before I get the laptop on, I must start again tomorrow. Why am I so useless at sticking to new plans... Anyway I'll finish my coffee then I need to hoover and mop, then walk my Dog and my friends calling in for a quick morning coffee then it'll be time for work. Works still going well so I'm very pleased!

Thinking of you all as always and I shall check in again later.

Much Love xxxxxxx
Old 04-03-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Good Tuesday morning.

So a while back, I posted that I'd ordered some new non-alcoholic cocktails from a New York Company. I received them and tried all three. The first two were good, but sugary, and the last tasted like cucumber water -- less than appealing to say the least. I don't think I'll order them again because they're expensive and I don't like the extra sugar. In the meantime, though, I found another company that makes a similar product. It calls it's cocktails "euphorics" because it contains herbs that are adaptogens and nootropics to enhance cognitive function and promote a sense of wellbeing. I read up on these things and found that the drink does seem to be veery popular right now. (Although one article cautioned, "faux drunk is the new drunk." )

On nootropics:
"Put simply, nootropics are any kind of substance that enhances cognitive function in a certain way. The term was first coined in 1972 by Corneliu Giurgea, a Romanian psychologist and chemist who was particularly interested in synthesizing medications that could potentially make us smarter. According to his original classification, a substance can be defined as a nootropic if it meets the following criteria:

- It enhances memory and learning capacity.
- It helps the brain better cope with stress.
- It protects the brain from physical and chemical injury.
- It improves the way the brain fires commands.
- It possesses few or no side effects."

Wow. Sounded good to me, so I pushed the order button. My package arrived just as I was leaving for San Antonio. I opened the bottle and took a little sip. It has a pleasantly bitter taste -- kind of like blood orange. I'll let you know if I like it for real when I return home.

What do you think, though? Could this possibly be substituting one addiction for another? (Not that I think I'll get addicted, but just in case?) Or do you think, as I'm hoping, that it's something as harmless -- or along the lines of - an herbal tea or something like that? I'm down for anything that will improve my brain function, enhance my memory and improve my sense of wellbeing, I think. What do you think?

Hey, Katy -- Don't beat yourself up for letting your plans slip a bit. You're still in early days and have A LOT on your plate, it seems. Take it slow and steady. I'm so glad things seem to be going so well for you.

Where's Ayers? Have you taken off for another vacation, girlfriend?

Best to all!
Old 04-03-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

((((Bonnie))))

I couldn't not post when I saw what had happened. So very sorry.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Just me checking in. Bonnie I hope you are crying lots but not drinking . . . dang is losing a pet tough.

Darkling I hope the April group is a good one.

Spent the morning with great niece. I'm introducing her to Spanish through kids' songs. I found Pio, Pio, Pio to start but she likes La Vaca Lola. She is now napping and I'm taking care of my own things. I bribed myself to do some yoga by listening to songs from Glee and Frozen.

Off for a bit of sewing and then a bit more yoga.

Keep at it all.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Glad you're getting time with your niece, Bekind. Enjoy!

Got home and unpacked, and poured a glass of my new faux cocktail. It honestly does make me feel calm, peaceful and centred. It's not like being drunk, but it definitely imparts a soothing feeling, perhaps due to the valerian root which I can taste beneath the bitter blood orange. I'm pleasantly surprised. I hope this isn't a bad substitute for drinking. If not, I think it's my new favorite thing. My fiance and I are going to a bike night at a local bar next week, and I think I'll bring this along with me to flavor my spritzer!
Old 04-03-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Alice, your sober cocktails sound lovely. It seems like this can be a bit of an evening ritual. I did my old tonic water tonight but prefer the frozen lemon blended with coconut water.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Hello lovies.

Sorry for not posting. I did read all your posts, though. I was having one of my silent periods – nothing wrong – just need to keep still for a day or two and gather my thoughts.

Oh Bonnie (((((()))))), I am so, so sorry ! It is one of those very hard things in life, and no one can take away that heartbreak from you – just horrid. The time I had to take the same route , I just kept telling myself that I did the most loving, caring thing I could do to end the suffering. Your doggie had a great life with a very caring family and you were there for her right till the end . But I know , nothing anyone says helps you feel any better – just know you are in my thoughts. Sending you lots of hugs, my friend.

Darkling, it breaks my heart to see you go . Honestly. But we must all do what is best for ourselves in this case. I hope you find The April class wonderful and helpful and full of camaraderie and support. I don’t have to tell you … we are here for you. Anytime. I still remember gratefully how supportive you were toward me when I first joined. Thank you again for that. You may feel now that you need to change classes, but you will always be part of this group. Okay?

Alice, your new go-to drink sounds interesting. Hope it doesn’t make you too clever for us mere mortals in this class? 😊 Your trips with hubbie- to- be is so special – lovely. Enjoy. Good luck with the job hunt. Ghosts – oooh – I prefer not to think of them, but I do believe there is another dimension out there. And that we can make ourselves more open to experiencing it. And that some people are more susceptible to experiencing such things/ contact with them. Me? I’d rather not.

Katy, so glad you got a bit of a breather with the meeting being cancelled. Glad to hear that you are sounding positive and up-and-at-it! How is it going jobwise with your boyfriend , with that construction job? And hugs to your dad, hope he’s recovering well.

Bee, your time with your niece sounds wonderful. I wish you were around when my kids were little and I needed a sitter. You are awesome !! Forever looking after others. And always so positive. How is your reversed Lent going?

Barbs , hope you find time for some fun inbetween all the work on your trip? Come home safely.

At the moment I’m in eco-cruising-mode here. Just chugging along. But that’s good enough for now . Velocity might come again at some stage, but for now the “same old, same old” seems to be working fine.

Love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Morning,

Struggling a little with health anxiety today. I keep feeling twinges in my tummy, I've had them ongoing really since the pancreatitis, today I'm convincing myself I have stomach or pancreatic cancer... Trying to keep mindful, present and focused and beat the anxious thoughts but it is tough.
I have a gastro appointment next week and I'm terrified of what they will find or tell me. I need to beat these anxious thoughts, really frightened something awful is wrong.
Other than this anxiety I'm feeling good, I have my AA meting tonight which I'll definitely be at and my friends just about to call in any moment for a morning coffee with me.
My BF is still working and all is going well there, we still don;t know how permanent it is but for now it's all going ok. This weekend we've planned to go over to see his Mum on Saturday then see my parents on the Sunday and have a nice lunch or dinner out together on Saturday too.

Just wish I could shake off this fear about my tummy, It's all I can think about today, I just think there must be a reason for these twinges and I have abused my body so badly for so long, really scared right now but I'm trying my best to hold it together.

Sorry to just rant about myself at the moment, I'm reading all posts and thinking of you all, just struggling with these worries, trying to practice mindfulness to see me through today.

Much Love xxxxx
Old 04-04-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

its in those fear moments I try to have faith Katy - either things will be ok - or maybe they'll find something that can be easily fixed. Those are the likely scenarios. The other dark scenario really isn't all that likely.

Its hard I know - but get out in the sun, read some good books, watch some favourite tv shows

try not to worry

D
Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!

Had a real good chat and coffee with my friend, now I'm drinking herbal tea with lemon and about to work for the rest of the afternoon. Also distracted myself by looking at hotels for a night away for my Birthday next month.

Thanks for the reassurance, really needed it.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower84 View Post

Just wish I could shake off this fear about my tummy, It's all I can think about today, I just think there must be a reason for these twinges and I have abused my body so badly for so long, really scared right now but I'm trying my best to hold it together.

Sorry to just rant about myself at the moment, I'm reading all posts and thinking of you all, just struggling with these worries, trying to practice mindfulness to see me through today.

Much Love xxxxx
I have a very strong feeling that you're a-ok. I used to feel twinges -- and even palpable lumps in my tummy when I'd get into an anxiety/psychosomatic loop in the past. The tummy and the throat are my susceptible areas. Come to think of it, didn't we talk about that lump in the throat feeling once before? I think we did.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thank you Alice
Yep we did mention the throat, I talked about how my swallowing reflex seems to pack up on me with anxiety, I think you said you've experienced something similar.
As I said to Dee, thanks so much for the reassurance, helps so much and is hugely appreciated.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Katy, I wish I could take your anxiety away. The problem with tummies are that the more stressed you are the more likely you will feel it in your tummy.

Try to relax, follow Dee's advice , and not to think about it. I too had terrible tummy just after I quit. Aches and pains and cramps.

Keep doing what you're doing with your herbal teas . And some exercise - I know if I sit working at the computer long stretches at a time - my stomach starts aching. A nice walk always cures it.

Don't worry, you are going to be fine. ((((((((((())))))))))
Old 04-04-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Ayers.
Huge help!
Sat with my herbal Tulsi Tea with a slice of fresh lemon now
Old 04-04-2019, 09:24 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Quick check in all. I'm still here. Not drinking. Ran some useful errands today.