Notices

Class of January 2019 part 5

Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in. Omg, there was a big ass Texas sized ROACH in my house this evening. That ****** was the size of a small cow. Of course my husband and son were both asleep, leaving me to deal with the crisis. We didn’t have any roach killer spray, so I used window cleaning spray to kill it. My eldest came out of her room and helped me finish the thing off and dispose of the body. I do NOT like roaches. Calling pest control tomorrow!

Now i can’t sleep, because I keep thinking of bugs in my bed. Like what if the roach has a friend? I’m not trying to be all girly about it, but ew.

Okay, going to bed, after doing a thorough check under the blankets. Anyway, still sober. Ugh. *shiver*
Old 03-11-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 50 RAL! I remember when you joined the group in January and everything you had to face that month! You've been a source of inspiration for me on staying strong amidst loss! And, then, you traveled and didn't drink. AMAZING.

SBTS: I'm glad the trip to Peru was restorative! Congratulations on your sobriety milestone! (I took that train from Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu too. Unforgettable.)

Strawberry and H379: I'm celebrating 70 days with you today. Life is so much better and, slowly, becoming manageable.

We're just getting started Januarians!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I do wonder how JT is. An how his medical went anyone heard from him?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:51 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Great to hear from you SBTS and congrats on 2 months and getting through your holiday sober

Listae, thank you for your kind words. what a lovely thing to say I couldn't have got through it all without you guys

Time -how are you doing?

H - hope you had a good night

Strawberry - I often wonder about Tony too. No not heard from him. Hope he's not drinking but I know when I stay away from here that's exactly what I'm doing

Zig - 'reptilian' is one of my favourite words for all my primal behaviour Love it! Hope you get used to the change soon. I can't wait for our clocks to go forward in 2 weeks. It's like a switch goes off in my head and I feel instantly better.

Oh bonnie, that's hideous. When I was a student I had a flat above a launderette and due to the heat there were cockraoches One night I woke up and one was crawling up my arm.Still gives me the heebie jeebies thinking of it now

HI Suzie, good to hear from you

Slept badly and feel a bit rough sneezing and snore throat. Have a good day everyone
Old 03-12-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Welcome back SBTS. Glad to hear you had fun at Peru. I am sure your interview went well. 8 interviewers, wow, must a CEO's position?

[Bonnie, I think you do need to get pest control.

Strawberry, congrats on day 5. Same here.

Boys were surprised, excited and loved the apartment with new furniture and TV. According to to them it looks bigger now. We watched some ice hockey and some of Huston play the Charlotte Hornets on the TV.

I have been sleeping well. Of the many things, sleeping is one of the most enjoyable part of sobriety. Most of the nights are dream free nights. Not sure having dreams is a good thing or not. Some day I will like to read more about sleep.

My younger one is being honored again at school. Have been invited for breakfast at his school on Friday. Will be there for the award ceremony.

It's 4:40 . It's me time for the next hour before the boys are up and a different life begins. Get ready, don't waste your time. Get tour lunch boxes in the bag, not buying lunch I have packed your lunch, fill up your water bottle, put on your sox, finish your breakfast, you both can talk in the car, we are getting late etc. etc.. it's like a tape, every day of every other week. I love it.

Have a nice day, will check in later today.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Thank you for your support with my plumbing meltdown. The plumber is coming back today so all should be right with the world again soon. I am 10 weeks sober now which feels great.

Bonnie - well done for handling the roach! Sounds awful but you did it.

RAL - thank you for being so kind and encouraging. Sending you love across the sea x

H379 - Your son is a superstar getting awarded again! You must be very proud. Glad to hear you are sleeping well.

To anyone I have missed, hope you are doing well. I'm cheering you on! x
Old 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Happy 10 WEEKS Sophie!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Morning everyone!

Welcome back SBTS. Glad to hear you had fun at Peru. I am sure your interview went well. 8 interviewers, wow, must a CEO's position?

[Bonnie, I think you do need to get pest control.

Strawberry, congrats on day 5. Same here.

Boys were surprised, excited and loved the apartment with new furniture and TV. According to to them it looks bigger now. We watched some ice hockey and some of Huston play the Charlotte Hornets on the TV.

I have been sleeping well. Of the many things, sleeping is one of the most enjoyable part of sobriety. Most of the nights are dream free nights. Not sure having dreams is a good thing or not. Some day I will like to read more about sleep.

My younger one is being honored again at school. Have been invited for breakfast at his school on Friday. Will be there for the award ceremony.

It's 4:40 . It's me time for the next hour before the boys are up and a different life begins. Get ready, don't waste your time. Get tour lunch boxes in the bag, not buying lunch I have packed your lunch, fill up your water bottle, put on your sox, finish your breakfast, you both can talk in the car, we are getting late etc. etc.. it's like a tape, every day of every other week. I love it.

Have a nice day, will check in later today.
Haha my son is exactly the same. Every. single. morning! how can they take so long to do everything and get so distracted and wander off. Sure it gets better when they are about 25
Old 03-12-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersophie View Post
Hi everyone

Thank you for your support with my plumbing meltdown. The plumber is coming back today so all should be right with the world again soon. I am 10 weeks sober now which feels great.

Bonnie - well done for handling the roach! Sounds awful but you did it.

RAL - thank you for being so kind and encouraging. Sending you love across the sea x

H379 - Your son is a superstar getting awarded again! You must be very proud. Glad to hear you are sleeping well.

To anyone I have missed, hope you are doing well. I'm cheering you on! x
Sophie I'm so sorry I missed you on my post this morning how are you? congrats on 10 weeks What's the weather like across the water? It's getting really bad here now. It was bad enough last night but tonight set to be even worse. x
Old 03-12-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

RAL, not sure they will learn nor not. My parents still keep giving me advice and I am 44. They are good boys.

Congrats Sophie!

Slow day at work. Leaving early.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Me too 44 I mean and still told what to do !!
Old 03-12-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hey class!
Just checking in quick. We're getting ready to take my mother-in-law out to dinner for her b'day. She picked a great place with an Italian/Mexican menu. Nothing like cheesy garlic bread served before camarones a la diabla (y un agua mineral) Take care everybody!
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 03-12-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Morning all . Taking my son this morning to the doctors he had ear ache . So we had a rough. Night. Wow ... I never want to remember those nights after I'd had 2 bottles of wine .. Yuck.
Day 6 smoke free. Feeling abit better . I've had a constant headache the last few days . I'm guessing it's my boby recovering from smoking .
Have a great day all xx
Old 03-13-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Morning,

Z hope your dinner went well with tour MIL. Italian / Mexican, sounds interesting. I am a bit confused, was it like Ravioli with Mexican flavors?

Strawberry, hope your son feels better. Ear aches can be very painful. I have been very irritated because of not smoking and I am snapping at my younger one. Last night I ordered myself not to repeat this again. I feel for him.

It was a quite night otherwise. When the boys are home, I get no time to read or do anything else. It's just this one hour in the morning when I get the me time.

I am not complaining, stating the fact thatbwhen drunk never realized it. May be I didn't care about the me time, I was probably selfish caring just about my love for drinking. Always needed any extra time to sleep and cure the morning sluggishness. Now I wake up with no hangover or head aches, but rather with fresh feeling, always determined to achieve those small victories, and great and happy spirit.

The routine, the activities and the time spent with the boys are still the same but it's now more involved, engaged and present.

All have a great day.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

H379 - haha, it's a place founded by two brothers. They both had their specialty dishes at other restaurants before and couldn't agree on a menu when starting their own place. So they just offer one big menu. First 6 or 7 pages are Mexican and last half are Italian. Nothing freaky and mixed though
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zighoul View Post
H379 - haha, it's a place founded by two brothers. They both had their specialty dishes at other restaurants before and couldn't agree on a menu when starting their own place. So they just offer one big menu. First 6 or 7 pages are Mexican and last half are Italian. Nothing freaky and mixed though
I think Italian and Mexican fusion can be a deadly (in a good way) combination?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning! This is a crazy week, so not a lot of time for SR. I’m checking in to say all is well here at day 73 or so.

I’ll catch up when I have extra time. Just wanted to say you are all doing so well. I’m very proud of us!

I miss Tony, also. If your out there JT, pop in and say hello. There are others I think about too. Travelbug? Wasting time? I hope they’re well and maybe they’ve joined another class.

Have a great day!
Old 03-13-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

How strange - did I not post this morning

How is your feeling strawberry?

Zig - your talk of food is making me hungry

Good to hear from you Quit I too think of where our old classmates are and hope they are ok.

Caramel - how are things with you?

SBTS - hope you are settled in back at home

Sophie - still bad weather wise this side of the North channel Hope it is better for you

Strange day for me. work was all upside down and unexpected and didn't really get much done that I needed to. then I had a bank appointment which went more smoothly than I expected it to .the issue might not have been resolved today by sober I think there is nothing I can do about it now. If it doesn't get resolved I will deal with the matter again next week. After school activities. sore throat still.

Night all,x
Old 03-13-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi all

RAL sorry you had a weird day at work. I'm having a bit of trouble motivating and getting things done since I got back from vacation but I'll be back in the routine quick enough

Quitnow I miss Tony too And everyone else who's missing in action.

H379 it's nice that you are feeling more present. I am too, I enjoy that.

Zig Italian and Mexican are my two favorite kinds of food

Strawberry you're doing so well with not smoking!

I hope everyone else is having a good day. I felt very tired today and didn't accomplish a lot. The boyfriend invited me over for pizza and lounging last night, and I probably should've stayed home -- I knew then that I was already tired from the trip and the time change and needed to catch up on sleep, and I never sleep well at his apartment. But the idea of hanging out with him and eating the delicious pizza we get from the place near his home was too tempting So I went, and now today I'm even more tired. Tonight I've resolved to go to bed early and hopefully that will help me focus better at work tomorrow.

Have a nice night all
Old 03-13-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thank you for asking, ReadyAtLast - I can say with Émile Coué, "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better" - health, diet, digestion, weight, complexion, temperament, thinking.

Wishing you all the same