Notices

Class of January 2019 part 5

Old 03-13-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Great to hear Caramel!

I'm feeling like germs are trying to break the door down to my body so it's vitamin c, Zzzquil & early to bed for me...
The Godfather, Part II playing on the bedroom tv in the meantime
Have a fantastic day/night everybody!
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 03-13-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Checking in. Idk what day I’m on, but doing fine. Kids are on spring break, which is fun. We went to the zoo today, then off to a late lunch/early dinner.

Now the 8-year-old and I are watching Isle of Dogs, her favorite movie this week. She’s into it because it’s set in Japan and is about dogs, two of her favorite things. (She wishes she were Japanese)

Anyway, not much to report; things are good. Hope you’re all doing well.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Morning all. Bad day yesterday , took my 3 to football practice and my eldest was messing around in the car with my little one and one of them knocked my iced coffee which was in the drinks holder over ! Omg with te lack of nicotine. I REALLY LOST IT. Without booze or smokes my last love left is coffee. And 3 hours football practice surrounded by smoking parents with no coffee was pushing me over the limit!
RANT OVER lol
Day 7 no smokes .
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Morning from the windy West coast of Scotland

SBTS - I hope you have a good sleep tonight and feel refreshed in the morning.

Great to hear from you and good to hear things are going well for you Caramel

Zig - I'm also feeling I'm fighting off germs from all angles! Time of year perhaps

Bonnie-enjoy the school hols How is Bonnie Jr 1 getting on?

strawberry-well done on getting through that without smoking! Enjoy your coffee today

I slept so well last night for the first time this week. Makes such a difference doesn't it. Last day of work for me. Busy weekend ahead as got visitors next week so need to sort the spare room out and give everywhere a decent spring clean!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Morning,

Great to hear all are doing well except for a bit of fight with the little germ. I understand this little cold germ causes enough uncomfort and irritation.

Strawberry, I think you did great being around all the smokers and without your coffee. I have been loosing myself with the boys because of no nicotine. But I see the silver lining, this anger and irritation is temporary and the boys are closer as I don't smell any more, getting a lot more hugs.

Went for indoor biking yesterday for 14 miles. It was fun. Will be going rowing today for 3 KM. I have been regular with gym but not an ounce lost. Having too much sweets. My go to drug since I quit drinking. It's the next on the list to tackle.

Today will be an interesting day. One of our senior Leaders is leaving and it's his farewell party. He has supported me all along, we worked together at our old job, he brought me to this firm, he been a great support in this separation and my sobriety.

But he did ask me to have one last drink with him today. I think I have a plan. I have already spread the word I won't be drinking.

We are expecting over 100 folks for the farewell party. I will be able to get lost in the crowd, I say that but we are 7 core members of the team, so will be around him a lot. But I have to leave early to get the boys from school (won't go to school under influence or smelling) and same reason have drive the youngest to a cub scout meeting. I think I will be fine. The tough one will be the emotions, and not get get carried away. I will stay close to SR, will keep posting.

Getting this far was not easy and I am not starting the journey all over again.

Have a great day!
Old 03-14-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Great to hear everyone still around. We're all living out lifes usual struggles and ups and downs, just sober.

I'm starting to really see how repetitive my life is...how repetitive my life is...

Which is a good thing providing I do something about it to make it more fun.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hey! Hope everyone is doing ok.
I slept great last night and managed to mow down the germs while resting. My antibodies were like Rambo meets Chuck Norris
Rainy, gloomy, cozy night here.
Gonna finish Mindhunter on Netflix now.
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Zig, Mindhunter is so good.

Paperbag I feel like everyone's life is repetitive But yes, make it fun!

H379 good luck with the party. I know you can do it.

Checking in I've been shopping for spring clothes. It was almost 60F here today and it's supposed to be 66! and rainy tomorrow. I'm happy about spring being here though I need to have more shopping willpower. Haha.

I'm still tired but I got much more done at work today than yesterday. I hope I can have a productive day tomorrow too.

This weekend is going to be weird- my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is coming to stay with him. She's now married to one of his best friends, so that's why. I haven't met either of them yet even though we've been dating for almost a year and a half, because they live far away. I know that all parties involved have been OK with this situation for several years before I came on the scene, and I know in my head that he's obviously over her but it's still kind of a weird thought that this weekend I'm going to have to meet and hang around with someone he used to sleep with. Without any alcohol involved to mitigate the awkwardness. Haha.

Hope everyone has a good night
Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paperbag View Post
Great to hear everyone still around. We're all living out lifes usual struggles and ups and downs, just sober.

I'm starting to really see how repetitive my life is...how repetitive my life is...

Which is a good thing providing I do something about it to make it more fun.
I am having the same problem... I am having the same problem...

Hello everyone, not much to say, just quiet. 75 days for me.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I will start my day 1 again. I am fine with it. I was fully aware of the consciences of my actions. Since then I have been back to my normal. Kept my promises with the boys.

Tomorrow morning will start again.

Good Night!
Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

H, day one for not smoking or did you drink today?

I’m around 75 days. Still can’t believe it!

My mom is coming for a visit this weekend. We used to drink wine together at the end of the day. I have told her I quit, but I know she will still have some wine in the evening. I feel good about myself; don’t feel tempted. I will check in tomorrow night.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:57 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
I will start my day 1 again. I am fine with it. I was fully aware of the consciences of my actions. Since then I have been back to my normal. Kept my promises with the boys.

Tomorrow morning will start again.

Good Night!
Smoking? Getting worried again Sure you mean smoking which is ok
Old 03-15-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I think you're gonna have to be more specific with this group H379

D
Old 03-15-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

H???? Either way jump up dust down and jump back on the train! Hugs xx
Old 03-15-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Day 1 to be sober again!

The worst part is that I missed my son's honor program. The alram rang at 4:00 AM, I turned it off, went to sleep and woke up at 7:30. The boys were tardy. Cannot forgive myself for missing the event. How could I over sleep...
Old 03-15-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

H379 - really sorry to hear that. Can you identify what made you pick up and make changes to your plan .(I'm not being nosey or anything, no need to tell us, just though it might be helpful for you)

hugs to you.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
H379 - really sorry to hear that. Can you identify what made you pick up and make changes to your plan .(I'm not being nosey or anything, no need to tell us, just though it might be helpful for you)

hugs to you.
I know I drank, I am not complaining about it. It's about missing my son's honor event. That is killing me.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Day 61.

H379. You are not in a race. You are in a journey for long term sobriety. Many of us have fallen off the wagon but then gotten back on in the pursuit of a better life.

Hope everyone has a great week end.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

H379 - I have relapsed so many times I cannot remember so I do understand. I'm sorry you missed your son's event, you sound like a really good dad and unfortunately these things happen.

I hope you stick around with us here.

Dickense-hope you have a good weekend too. how did your concert go last week?

Feels like Saturday for me as was off work today. Gave the house a good spring clean which took hours and worked off some calories hopefully!! Got visitors next week so trying to get everything nice for them. More cleaning tomorrow.

My visitors drink, not stupidly but normally - a few weak lagers or a glass or 2 of wine. It's my mum and sister coming. I'm not worried about the drinking as my husband drinks regularly and it doesn't bother me.

Have a good trip with your Mom Quit - congrats on 75 days

SBTS - I can relate . My ex h and his ex w had a good relationship although that was more for the sake of the kids. Then she and I became good friends which people thought was weird!!

How are you feeling Zig? Sure this bug is trying to work on me but not succeeding fully. Maybe I'm just super healthy since quitting booze

Hope you're ok Bonnie and enjoying the school hols

Take care all and good night from the UK.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Checking in on day whatever —. all is well over here. Feeling pretty great, honestly.

I had lunch with two dear friends from my last job today. It was so good to see them. Sometimes I really miss being a teacher, but I don’t miss the stress. My kids (former students) keep asking about me though, and I miss them so much.

But the ******** teachers have to put up with from administration makes it not worth it. I don’t enjoy being micromanaged.

But damn, I miss my kids. I was a good teacher. I worked at a rough school, but I could manage a classroom, I bonded with the kiddos, and they learned. Their scores reflect this.

Anyway, I’m missing work, but it was a big trigger for me to drink. We don’t really need the money because I didn’t make that much, but I truly loved those kids. Every time I think about them, I feel a bit sad.

But I’m simultaneously so glad to be rid of the stress that administration piled on me. It was destroying my sanity.

Anyway, just aimlessly rambling. Right now life is good, and I’m generally very happy. And now that I’m not drinking, things are even more fantastic, so I can’t complain.

Hey H3 sorry to hear you drank again and missed your son’s event. That sucks, and I would be bummed too. Big picture though — it’s one thing. You are a devoted dad, and your kids will remember all the times you’ve been there for them. It’ll be okay.

Alrighty, gotta go. My kids stink at jigsaw puzzles and are obviously in need of my help. ❤️