Notices

Class of September 2018 Part 4

Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey guys...yea, this has been a real mess! They hit my moms account too, so we have a full blown attack going on....we are not sure exactly how far these thieves want to take this, so we are taking every precaution.

If you think this will never happen to you....think again.

Check all of your accounts frequently for suspicious activity.
Change passwords every 6 months.
Don't save credit card info on websites you shop (this is where we got hit)

I am handling it pretty good, but might not be on here quit as much for the next day or so. I have a cyber criminal to stop, in their tracks!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry wildflower.

D
Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

I have to laugh a little...you mess with this wildflower, you may get stung by a bee

Sober and strong!!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Without getting specific, I'm an independent service and technical rep for a manufacturer of a certain product line. Kind of like a may tag repair man. The difference being that our customers rely on our products every day to make money. They cannot afford to be down. So, it's always a fire drill. Like if I was the rep for haircutting clippers and suddenly the stylist at the busiest salon just had theirs crap out on them with a high end client in the chair. I get the call with a very expletive ridden reason why they are the most important and biggest purchaser of said clippers and I need to be there right away. (It's amazing how they all believe that they really are!)
New product is like anything else, first run is always a headache. Lots gets overlooked in a rush to get a product out ahead of competition. That all falls on me. Customer only sees me when something is not working and they spent $$$ on it.
There were some frustrating and predictable issues. Not predictable in what they would be, just that there would be some. I got through it and fortunatly my phone wasn't buzzing all day which would sent me into a complete tizzy! Normally finish a day like today with a bunch of drinks out after the job, then finish putting myself to sleep at home. But not today. Worked everything out, completed the job and customers very satisfied. Then went home sober, ordered out (too tired to cook), helped my son with his homework and now heading off to bed.

So, stress has been my middle name for a long time. It's amazing I still have all my hair.

WF, had my CC info stolen a few years ago from the Home Depot data breach. Fortunately I picked up on it quickly. My bank refunded all the fraudulent charges and I changed my card numbers. It completely sucks and you feel totally violated and angry. Yes, it's very important to be safe and vigilant on any wire transactions. Cyber security is very real and scary.

Sorry I'm unable to tell my tales in shorter posts. I get very wordy. Thanks for humoring me and reading it all.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That sounds like a nightmare WF. Hope you manage to sort it

Well done on a job well done Final. Going home sober and doing ‘notmal’ stuff is a good finish to the day.

Hopeful - what line of work are you looking at getting in to? Health care professionals have my upmost respect, a hard job often with little thanks!

Off out for a run in a minute. They’re sometimes walks, doesn’t matter, it’s goong out that counts to me.

Listened to a a couple of chapters of naked mind in the car yesterday. I think I’ll re-listen today as there is a lot there. The plant that eats bees is a very accurate description of the trap I found myself in...why didn’t I get out earlier??? I am getting out, one day at a time as they say!

My brain is doing funny things. I can’t really describe it...it’s not unpleasant but I can physically feel it working at times. I’ll try to pinpoint what I mean at some point today
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Just checking in.....really rough night last night. Had to go through my moms bank accounts to figure out the fraudulent charges, and discovered my brother is still getting massive amounts of money from her each month. $1700 already for January. And yet, I swoop in and pick her up when she's in trouble (moving, cyber threats, illness).

My brother is a 51 year old alcoholic, drug addict, and compulsive gambler, is married with 2 incomes. He is also my moms favorite, so any money that she has left will be passed on to him when she dies. Why in the hell do I continue to even help her? I want so badly to protect her, but I'm not sure who is the bigger threat, the cyber criminals or my brother.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I wanted to add~~~~~

My sobriety is not in danger. I will walk away from the whole mess before I ever drink again.

Sober, forever
Old 01-30-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ben, I'm glad you decided to stick around. Your work and effort at this keeps us all motivated. Thank you.

Oh boy WF. Man that is frustrating about your brother. Similar happens in my own family. But what I've come to realize, is that my parents need to be needed. The neediest siblings get the most attention. Maybe it makes them feel they still have purpose perhaps. We can see that their constant giving is destructive and that the needy sibling takes full advantage of it and never changes. Then the more responsible independent child (like you and I) get the brunt of the criticism.

But behind closed doors, when our parents speak to others about their children, they speak most highly of us. Your brother is not the "favorite", he just requires the most attention.

And I get the feeling that an inheritance is the last thing you want from your mom.
I'm sure she's proud of you. I know we certainly are.

Maybe there should be a character limit in a post. Kind of like Twitter. 140 characters or less. Lol
Old 01-30-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopeful528 View Post
I spent most of my adult career working in healthcare, but Im off right now and working on starting a new career
What do you have in mind? Still healthcare or a passion?
I'd love to hear as I'm considering a new path.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you final...I really needed to hear that, you almost brought me to tears. I will try to see it from your point of view, and stop fighting it...

Bless you
Old 01-30-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(((wf)))
Old 01-30-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Got a massive cob on today. Don’t want to speak to anyone don’t want to be near anyone just want to be left alone

That then makes me feel guilty

Sod it I’m going to sleep now, in the day, I don’t care if it disrupts my sleep tonight
Old 01-30-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I get that Bumboid. The depth of my stinking mood is deeper today than normal...

Something odd is happening with my brain, goodness knows what the technical explanation is but I can feel it, physically, doing certain things. Like when I express gratitude or park my AV, or resist my AV, I can physically feel it between my eyebrows, slap-bang where the Shakra point is. If it was a cartoon you would see clock hands whirring...I can actually, literally feel it. I also feel it there when I'm falling asleep.

Then when I try to feel an emotion, or connect with something deeper, I feel a deep ache in my head between my ears. Again - cartoon-whirring. I am also remembering things, unconnected things from years ago...some good, some bad.

Maybe it has always happened and the booze deadened it, maybe things are firing up. Maybe its just withdrawal of alcohol physically. But it is odd - not unpleasant - but odd. As are my dreams.

Anyway - the workings for my brain are beyond me!!!

WF I feel for you with your family stuff. There are a few of us on this page who have difficult family situations. Have I told you about my brother ….
Old 01-30-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It is odd. I was sober 50+ days last year and didn’t feel any of it. It’s started since Xmas...I wouldn’t call it brain fog that lots of people describe - it’s the opposite of that!

I spoke to my doc about alcohol in 2005. And 2008. Went to AA on 2005. I’ve been ill since 2005, joints mainly and I think not booze related but reading TNM who knows! My medical have at least one set of notes about me smelling of booze. I’ve been turned down life insurance since due to health.

Theyre health professionals. I can spot a **** head a mile off - they knew. Of course they knew.

I know it’s easy to say in retrospect, but when I went to AA in 2005 I had no idea. No clue. I know I’m in early days but at least I have a few techniques, a bit of knowledge to help me in my journey. I just knew I couldn’t drink like that forever

Old 01-30-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumboid View Post

I'm an addict. I lie.
I know final challenged me, and us all, on this, but I am only beginning to appreciate what a dishonest ***** I am. Less so at work; slightly less so with family; but hugely and massively with myself. I’m scared, really genuinely scared to discover what I am really like. But I’m going to do it. I genuinely don’t know what I feel, I cannot feel anything most of the last 15 years. **** that’s frightening
Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Going to bed is a good strategy on an off day.

I tell myself I will do my personal best, and that fluctuates depending on the day. Some days I push myself and some days it means going to bed and watching netflix or anything, I have to do whatever it takes.

My energy has been low today and yesterday, So I apologize I would like to reply a lot more, but not thinking the clearest tonight.

I'm glad you rode out and got through the tense family feelings WF! I know thats not always the easiest.

I didn't have medical intervention, and same thing always rounded down lol. I did tell my doctor after the fact this past summer, and i regretted it instantly for the reasons you said Bumboid. It felt scary and like it wasn't anyones business? I wasn't sure what the repurcussions would be it being in a legal medical file. However, I guess in the future it would help me in being honest if anyone looks at it.

It is the time of year here, where we get the most snowfalls/winter storms. They have been pretty consistent right after the other, and at times it makes me agitated because I prefer not to drive in it if I don't have to, and it feels like I've been stuck in the house. I need to get out tomorrow. It was so bad today, I was going to but thought of how stupid it was when its not necessary.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I still get thunderclouds or waves of anger, but i know its all working itself out.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

The other thing I wanted to say was that, al anon for familes, or reading materials about adult children of alcoholics helped me a lot in understanding some of the family dynamics that can take place.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

If you have a passion Final that you are drawn to, I would think it out, but go for it. I think finding your purpose is, what lights you up, and helps to stay sober.
For some thats their family, or a sport, or etc, and some the career!
Old 01-30-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm interested in psychology