Notices

Class of September 2018 Part 4

Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So glad I checked in before going to dinner. Reading everyone's responses made me very happy. You guys are awesome.

I was thinking today that alcohol has probably been a part of our routines for a very long time. Socially at first. Then as a little relaxer. But for us, somewhere along the line, it became something much more. Even that one night of drink leaves us miserable the next day. We are not normal drinkers. But, we've been drinking for a long time. Unravelling that and changing our behavior is going to take some time and practice.

I feel everyone's input today was nothing less than great. I feel better about my chances, I hope you all do to.

I think I'll get the book too. Can't hurt.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was away for a few days - my house needed a bit of reorganisation for my new wheelchair.

I'm sorry your wife is drinking again Final but it seems to to me you have the right attitude about it. For many years now the bottom line for me has been no matter what others do, I cannot and will not drink - I will not lose myself again.

I think balance is important too - if I have a life I love I won't want to escape from it - even when that life gets rough from time to time.

I'm glad you're not leaving SR Ben. i do think you're right that you need someone thing else, something more than what you're doing but it's got to be something you're prepared to do, and I don't know what that is.

one thing I will share is I got very good at seeing a possible relapse a long way off. All the things I knew would bring me discomfort and stress being away from home, funerals, interviews whatever...I planned for them in a recovery sense. What would/could I do if...? I could do this...or this...or this.

Its extra work sure but it's hardly onerous

eventually it becomes second nature and even those spontaneous parties invites to the pub, old friends and other 'ambushes' my addiction used to love hold no fear for me anymore.

D
Old 01-27-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I love our group too
Old 01-27-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning all. It’s cold here, but I’m up to go and run/walk. It’s part of my successful routine that I’d stopped. It’s going to be pretty unpleasant but I look at it this way...if I do it today think about how nice the light, warm mornings of June will be!

Day is planned, I slept well with some really weird dreams. I also read a sample of TNM last night, very interesting and will get it today. It reminded me of vale’s book but it looks like it will have a bit more scientific oomph to it

Have a good day all
Old 01-28-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Anyone care to join me for not drinking today?
Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I cannot and will not drink - I will not lose myself again.

This quote from Dee sums up how I feel....exactly!

I will not drink today, tomorrow, or ever again. Don't know what I ever saw in it in the first place. It's so overrated, and foolish. I was cleaning bathrooms this weekend and used strong bleach for the tough stains. I looked at the bottle and thought, "drinking alcohol is like drinking this nasty cleaner" it kills the body and the mind. Why would I do that??

Have a happy, sober day!

Old 01-28-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Anyone care to join me for not drinking today?
Yeah, go on then, can't see any reason why not!
Old 01-28-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Evening all. I’ve downloaded TNM and listened to first couple of chapters. Interesting stuff. It is very like Jason vale in that it promises to change the way you think and make being sober ‘easy’. I have a professional interest in psychology and brain development and this area fascinates me. Thanks for the recommendation, I’m enjoying it!

(My brain is doing funny things presently, which I can’t explain even to my wife, but I think they’re mainly good things! I keep getting memories, or memories of memories, that come unbidden into my mind. And my dreams...)

Ive had a nice day today. Nothing special, but I’ve made an effort to enjoy the good things. Stood in the sun, in the cold, for five minutes and it was just nice. The sky was so blue.

Plan for tomorrow is up for run, proper brekkie, work 9-5 then in for the evening.

Its been quiet on here today, hope your Monday’s have been ok and you all sleep well and sober tonight

Old 01-28-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Just a quiet Monday.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning all. Just about to go out for a run/walk, cold out again!

Have a great day
Old 01-29-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

You too ben. Still winter here but the days are getting noticeably longer. Looking forward to those early days of spring. When you can smell it in the air and the first birds of spring start chirping.

I've got a very important day ahead. First of a new product going in and ive got the lead. Been preparing for the last week so should go smooth. You never know with 1st releases though. Excited for it too.

I'm feeling good.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey guys....has a rough afternoon yesterday! While I was at work for a few hours someone was busy hacking into my account on an online shopping site. (for those of you in the states, the giant of online shopping sites) I feel so violated!

They managed to rack up hundreds of dollars buying gift cards, within minutes. As you can imagine this was very stressful! I don't know how much of my finances are at risk, so I spent the afternoon changing passwords, freezing major bank accounts, and pacing my living room floor.
In the past, I would have drank for sure. Instead, I did some deep breathing and forced myself to have a nap, and woke up more calm. I will be watching my accounts closely.

No matter what life throws our way, drinking is never the solution.

Just breathe!

Have a beautiful day....
Old 01-29-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that WF. Do you think you will be able to get the money back that they stole/defrauded from you?

What a pain...and well done for dealing with it soberly. Can you imagine how you'd feel today if you'd let it derail you
Old 01-29-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I did mean to ask - what are people's jobs here? Of course I have an idea and also I do not want to pry, but I am genuinely interested. Feel free to tell me or not
Old 01-29-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I have tried to edit that message but it wont let me! What I meant to say was:

I did mean to ask - what are people's jobs here? Of course I have an idea and also I do not want to pry, but I am genuinely interested in your launch Final. Feel free to tell me or not - people may have already shared this and I missed it due to being MIA
Old 01-29-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You know what bumboid, due to your hours and shifts I’d pegged you as a chef or working in hospitality! Haha not close!

I work with young people and families who need a bit of extra support. Can be very satisfying, can be very frustrating. We’re growing quickly thus my jaunts all over the country
Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Evening all. An up and down day, very tired tonight.

Tomorrow same routine for he morning, then working 9-5, then in for evening. Got to pop to a meeting 7pm.

Looking a bit ahead I’ve got a 40th party on Saturday evening. I’m taking my wife but will decide on the way whether I go in or not - if I don’t ill go get a takeaway or meal by myself. She won’t mind a bit and you will all know why I might choose to be so anti social! I’ll know whether I’m at risk or not on my way, mainly dependent on my mood and how/what I’ve eaten

See you all tomorrow
Old 01-29-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get it sorted quickly without any cost to you WF
You're looking at my job Be LOL - I don't get paid tho.

D
Old 01-29-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Glad you are getting that sorted WF! Sorry to hear that happened.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I spent most of my adult career working in healthcare, but Im off right now and working on starting a new career