Notices

Class of September 2018 Part 4

Old 02-16-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds to me like you're grasping of those truths of recovery Final - do whatever it takes to get through and stay sober

Hopeful I hope you can move out soon

D
Old 02-16-2019, 05:50 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Saturday night and heading to bed early. I don't feel bad about it either. I started my Saturday at 7 am today. A productive day to feel proud of.

Can you get involved in a group or charity in the time being hopeful? Something to give you purpose and keep busy while you are working on you?
Old 02-16-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Yes I can. I had a difficult time getting out of the house this week but looking forward as the days pass to be able to feel better.
And then volunteering would get me out of my self.

I got a gym membership a few weeks ago that I can use that gives me access to a gym, pool and different workout classes, skating, yoga classes.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hey guys....

Just checking in, had a super full day today! Ready to rest tonight! You can do this hopeful, you will get stronger, and find a way to get the life you so greatly deserve. Good job final, keep kicking that AV back in it's place!

Good night all!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:15 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Thanks Wildflower, have a great sleep tonight.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

Had to pick up my roommate late last night from the airport, and also met a friend beforehand for a movie and a deli sandwich. I had such a great time, we enjoyed the movie and sat and talked over our meal. I couldn't even imagine spending a Saturday (or any) night getting wasted. I am blessed to have truly embraced my sobriety, and learning to live the life I am meant to live.

Thank you SR for being here for me, not just for my multiple day 1's over the past few years, or during the times I wanted to cave in and drink, but each and every day in my new sober life. This site gave me a safe place to reach out and tell my story, to stop hiding behind the bottle that was ruining my life. SR gave me hope, and I am grateful.

Have a beautiful, sober Sunday
Old 02-17-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Weather is getting gradually milder here but snow storm rolling in tonight of 4-7".
Winter is like my AV. Don't want it around anymore, but it won't go without a fight.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

So happy for you WF and Final, Bumboid.
The gifts of freedom of feeling what a good life can be.

Bumboid how are the nights going did you try the Allen Carr Audiobook? or what are you listening to now. how are the AV thoughts and everything going, are you still exercising on the bike everyday and feeling well
Old 02-17-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sunday night family dinner tonight. I chose not to go. Most likely get called in for snow plowing so going to bed early. Sunday's dinner is with my wife's side of family. football season is over so not much else to do there but drink and listen to same stories for the fiftieth time. Tomorrow is a holiday as well so it will be a late night. I'm happy to be home. Going to bed early. Just hope my wife doesn't keep my son out too late.

Good night all.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Goodnight Final.
Good decision.
Keep making them. You'll keep blowing your own mind at how amazing everything gets.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I'm beginning to realize that I need to put some goals and plans in place. Not drinking related, just life. I find there are things I hope to attain and the means to get them, just no set plan in place. I find my mind drifting from too many different ideas without being able to just focus on one thing. Then I think about the things I want, or want to do before I make a plan to get them. This is where I start to feel stuck and indecisive. Not a good place for an alcoholic.

Something someone told me once was, "know your craft and focus on it". I've been thinking about things I might want to do or try and my true talents have gotten stale. Time to refocus on what I do best and do it. It will be the quickest way to achieve my goals.

One of which is to have the financial freedom to not have to work so hard and be able to really enjoy the world around me. I've never been as close as I am right now. I can finally see the finish line but it suddenly seems unattainable.

It's there. I just need to put a plan in place. Just like my sobriety plan. I don't think it's ironic that it is all happening at once.

It should one hell of a final round.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hey Final,

The one thing that I did to get me on the road to financial freedom was to start needing less. When I let go of the need to have more material things, bigger place, better cars, more clothes, more "stuff" that brings very little joy, I began to understand that the most important thing to have is more time. More time to relax, rest, travel, and just be.

For me this meant really evaluating what was important and putting a plan into place for creating more time. I got a roommate, stopped eating out, stopped buying so much during the holidays, stopped buying stuff I didn't need, and of coarse quit buying booze. This has all enabled me to work less, and have more! More time to do what I enjoy!

Your situation will be different, but the concept is the same. You can create a life where you work less, need less, and have more!

Just my 2 cents

Old 02-18-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

glad to hear from everyone... good to hear what is going on with everyone
Old 02-18-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hey Ben...we haven't heard from you! How's the time off treating you? Please check in....let us know that your doing ok. We are missing you in our tribe!

Lazy, lazy, lazy day. Ran some errands this morning and have been sitting on my butt all afternoon. In the past I might have felt guilty, now I just feel content.

Have a peaceful evening gang
Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

WF, just never certain where enough is. I just worry. Always. I have done all the things you suggested, no debt, tight budget, emergency fund in place... I just always feel like there is more I can do. Ie...plow snow all night after working 50-60 hours a week because I think, " if I'm breathing, I should be working".
I'm my own worst enemy.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Maybe Be went to rehab
Old 02-18-2019, 07:39 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

One of the things when I drank is I would do it when I felt like I had no time, it was one of the things that i used as a release because I otherwise didn't do anything fun just for me because it always felt like I had something I had to do.
You have a family, your own business, a lot in your life. Maybe you can find a way, even though its hard to feel like you have any time, to keep penciling in the things that you enjoy like the bike riding and exercise etc. Put time slots on your calendar and say this is "Me" time and then do the things you want to try
Old 02-18-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

If you think its just anxiety you could go see a financial planner and that could put your mind at ease to know you are really ok or how long until you will be ok
Old 02-18-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I think its awesome you have a rehab property that is something I always wanted to do.
That would work for you, if you rented it or whatever you do with it, so you can have your time and still bring in money.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Remember to find ways to get a healthy release too, like the going for ice cream sundaes or anything fun that makes you happy