Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 9

Old 01-22-2019, 08:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good on you Bekind - I honestly think you are being very strong.

Good luck with all the arrangements. ((()))

Bonnie - wow - 6 months - congratulations ! I'm behing you with a month - hit 5 months today.

love and hugs to you all today XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-22-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have a bday lunch today and since waking up I've been thinking of a good excuse to give for not going.

What is it with me? Is it normal to rather stay home, do my work and be happy with that? I know most of my friends look forward to these events - we've got 3 such b'day's this and next month.

Should I stick with my gut-feel and think of an excuse and stay - or get my butt there and stop my hermit-like existence?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm not going.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't around today Ayers - not ignoring you

I think it's fine to be selective about the things you do or don;t do ....it's when it becomes a pattern of isolation that it might be a concern?

D
Old 01-23-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Ayers, I've been hermitting, too. Not sure why. But we're going to NYC for a long weekend, seeing a Broadway show, hitting some museums … and I'm hoping it warms up just a little so I come home wanting to be more active!

Congrats Bonnie on 6 months! You are an inspiration!

Happy sober Wednesday, everyone.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Bekind, great job passing on that wine. It would have been so easy to drink it. You are stronger than you think (((hugs)))

Bonnie, congratulations on 6 months! Great news on housing for your mom

Ayers, 5 months...awesome!!! I have to say, I have turned down a few invites as well. Not because of drinking, I just want to spend my time in other ways.

Zoey, enjoy NYC!

I'm heading into the office today and yoga tonight

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Struggling to type with the keyboard util the laptop is fixed...

My bf was rushed to hospital this morn, he was in severe pain and after tests they told us it is what I had last November, acute pancreatitis! The doctor said even though we have both not drank for over 2 months it is definitely a result of all the heavy drinking. So shocked! He was absolutely fine yesterday!

They are keeping him in a few days by the looks of it.

Hearing the doctors talking to him about how serious this is and of how many people die everyday from damage to the liver / pancreas really hit home with me, it brought back to me just how seriously ill I was last year and now to see him the same and all because of alcohol, it's very scary indeed!!!

I'll check in again soon, currently having to type between an onscreen keyboard and a broken laptop keyboard, It will be fixed this week.

Thinking of you all, couldn't wait to get home and share this with you all, just so shocked this happened even after 2 months sober.

Love to you all

xxxxxx
Old 01-23-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Be Kind and Katy. A very tough time for you both.
Sending you prayers.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

That is scary stuff, Katy. Glad he's gotten some medical care. Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Barbs, for the congrats. Yes, cannot believe it. Feels like yesterday when it was 5 days and then 5 weeks. Glad to hear I'm not the only hermit.

I am glad I didn't go. I didn't feel like it, and then I'm always scared that that is the time I conk in and drink. I would have been so so angry with myself, saying "And I didn'teven want to go to start off with".

Ooh Zoey, have a great time in New York. Sounds lovely, all the shows. I'm sure that will get you out of your hermit-phase.

No prob, Dee , didn't think you were ignoring me. I used to isolate very much while still drinking - so I know the feeling - and the feedback from friends. Always have preferred my own company and house, even when not drinking. But will be on the lookout for signs of a pattern, thanx.

(((Bekind))), thinking off you.

Speak again tomorrow XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Pancreatitis usually occurs during the acute alcohol withdrawal phase. It gets better with continued abstinence and by withholding food for a short term. It can also occur suddenly when a gall stone obstructs the common bile duct. I hope Katy that the doctors have done a gall bladder series too? I’m hoping that he gets better soon.

Zoey, have a good time in NY. It’ll be cold, but not what you’ve dealt with. Funny, my husband works in NYC (Freedom Tower) and I dont get over there all that much. I guess he gets tired of it from the commute, which is often horrid these days.

Bekind, glad you’re holding up sober.

Barbs, thanks on the congrats.

I’m feeling better these past few days....back to work and not faced with all the family drama. Glad to be sober and healthy.

Check in later
Old 01-23-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Bonnie-Congrats on 6 months!
Ayers-Congrats on 5 months!

All this hermit talk I am the king of hermits
Old 01-23-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the milestones guys

then I'm always scared that that is the time I conk in and drink.
I hope you get over that Ayers cos thats maybe not a great reason to stay home.

I hope you'll come to trust yourself and have confidence in your recovery - you've worked for it

Hope your bf gets well soon Katy

I'm glad you passed on the drink Bekind.

Hi Matrac Barbs, Bobdrop Darkling Song and Zoeydog

D
Old 01-23-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I slept with my young nephew last night. He, of all my nieces and nephews, takes death the hardest. Lots of hugs for and from him.

Darkling when do your next test results come in? Or did you say and I missed it.

Matrac, is that duct obstruction always a situation with pancreatitis or just sometimes? And is pancreatitis pretty curable?

Katy hope he comes home safe and sound. Your story is yet another reminder of why we are all here quitting drinking. There are just so so many risks associated with it.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Katy, so sorry your bf is not well. I hope he recovers soon. My brother has suffered from pancreatitis on and off for years. He refuses to acknowledge it is from his heavy bindge drinking.

Bekind, your nephew is lucky to have you

Hi Dee, I hope all is well with you

Hi Bob, how are things going with you?

Bonnie, how is the housing search going for mom?

This is day 2 of no gym for me. I threw my back out giving the puppies a treat, lol. This getting old stuff is for the birds!

Thinking of you all.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Snowing hard here which is lovely. I'm warming my feet on the dog.

Taking care of myself is not my forte but I'm trying to sleep in in the mornings as much as possible.

Happy news of the morning is that I managed to find my often lost cell phone.

Today's goals: floss, 5 min of yoga, and find a missing bill of my dad's. . . . keeping my expectations low here.

Barbs, ugh on the back thing. Bad backs and necks are the worst. Does it help to lay on the floor with your feet up on a chair or couch? That is my usual go-to with bad backs.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

^
warming my feet on the dog
That brought me a smile. I remember.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Your doing great Be Kind. You were in my thoughts all day.

Katy, hope your boyfriend is ok.

My symptoms are worse. Had a gastroscopy that showed only minor things. The doctor said it wouldn't account for my symptoms. I have lost more weight.....I have no appetite. I have terrible shoulder pain and back pain. I was even wondering if this could be chronic pancreatitis, but I haven't had an acute attack before so I don't know. I am waiting on the appointment for my scan. I am pretty terrified at this stage.

Staying sober anyway, no matter what.
Love to all.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope they can get to the bottom of things DS.

D
Old 01-24-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

DS, what I sometimes tell people who worry about health issues is that anything very, very serious would have been found already. Most testing rules out the most serious things out first. Also if it was an issue that was likely to get bigger, it probably would’ve come to a head by now. G all stones can cause heartburn, but that is not always an emergency. You may need something for your anxiety at this point so that you can rest and eat? Let us know how it goes....I’ll be thinking of you.

Hope you feel better Barbs. Don’t give up on exercise when you can. Core strengthening is good for supporting the back. I think we have an apt for mom,but there’s paperwork and renovation to be done.

Bekind, you sound well. Glad for that. Weren’t you the one who made a list of accomplishments and not “things to do”? I mean I guess it’s good to think ahead, but I have recently found that the “accomplished List” is longer than the “to do list”.

Thanks Bob. By the way, I kind of like being alone too

My best to all. Hope Katy is doing ok
Bonnie
Old 01-25-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

All good here, laptop fixed this aft so I can do a proper post!

9 weeks sober today, longest sober time since early 2016

Post properly later.

Thinking of you all!!

xxxxxx