Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 9

Old 01-25-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all. 5 weeks today. I really don't have much to say. Have been thinking about you BeKind. Hope you're doing ok.

Congrats on 9 weeks Katy!

Barbs-The getting old stuff does suck. I've noticed myself experiencing weather changes a lot. Could barely sleep the other night when a cold front moved through

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning Augustonians.

Bekind, that is exactly what I have been doing for my back, along with an ice pack. I have had back problems for almost 35 years now so I'm kind of use to it. Feeling a bit better today

Bonnie, I went back to the gym this morning. I did a very light work out with a lot of modifications. Once I get the initial back pain under control I find it is always better to work out to some extent and get the body moving. Hope the transition with your mom is a smooth and quick one

Katy, congratulations on 9 weeks! You are really doing this girl!!!

Bob, congratulations on 5 weeks, great job old man, lol!

I have the day off today so, now that I have gone to the gym, did some training with the puppies and have had more than my share of espresso...I am off to do some house cleaning, food shopping and maybe do some healthy cooking if I don't run out of steam

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Thinking of you all
Old 01-25-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Finishing up the last of my coffee here. We continue to plan for my Mom's funeral. Yesterday one of my sisters wrote obituaries We are also trying to figure out roughly how many people are coming. It seems a bit like a wedding but there are no RSVPs. It has been exhausting but a bit cathartic too.

Katy and Bob, congrats on achieving this period of sobriety.

Darkling, thanks for the update on your health situation. Ugh. It does sound wretched.

Today yet more planning and family visits.

Mom was so gone for so long that the grief is perhaps a bit different. I do get choked up a bit but mostly about the kindness of the staff in the facility where she was taken care of.

Weirdly, I kinda do better in a crisis than I do when I'm supposed to be getting out and planning my own life. When my Dad goes, I will be pretty lost as I have spent so many years looking after them.

Carry on all!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Be Kind, you really are inspiring me with your strength. I hope everything goes as you wish with the arrangements.

Matrac......thank you.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks Darkling. And I wish you as much peace as possible in your situation. So many times we don't get to choose how we feel . . . . well, I guess that would be we never get to choose how we feel. We get upset or not and it doesn't make much sense one way or the other.

I was thinking and talking about this today as my older foster sister came to visit my Dad today. My biological older sister gets triggered by her and it makes no sense whatsoever but I do know her (bio sister's) pain is real. My mom's death after living a great life doesn't bother me but my sister's pain and this broken relationship drives me nuts. I want to fix it and I just can't . . . ugh . . . this is the hard part of funerals.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sending you strength and peace Be Kind.
It must be hard looking on at them feuding......silently or otherwise. I hope you will allow yourself to focus on you. They are adults and must be responsible for sorting this out themselves. I know it is very hard to stand back.....but I really hope you will focus on your own experience and needs; you have your own grieving to do.

Take care.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Where is everybody? Not that I'm not enjoying Darklings company; I absolutely am but would love to hear from a few more.

Had a blah day where I didn't accomplish much but did have some good visiting day with family and friends . . . .probably better time spent than in accomplishing more tangible tasks.

Still not drinking. I'm happy to say it doesn't even appeal right now. I have had a low grade headache for awhile so wine just sounds like more headache and fuzziness so I will take that as a happy thing of the moment.

Darkling how are the aches, pains and anxiety? It sounds like the anxiety is the worst part of this.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm still here, I need a new keyboard on the laptop the I can post properly.
Thats the only reason Im not posting as much...

Missing your morn posts Ayers! Hope you are ok?!?!?!

And to everyone else. I'm here daily just missing some keys lol so I'm writing the post then having to fill in the gaps with the on screen one. The new keyboard is being fitted Tues morn.

Hope the group isn't dwindling down like we all feared...

Thinking of you all and I am here reading and will be posting much more like usual as soon as the keyboard is fitted.

Much Love.

Katy xxxxxxx
Old 01-27-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good to see you Katy and hope your boyfriend is recovering well.

Be Kind.....yes the anxiety is the worst part but I have some bad stomach and shoulder pain and the worst nausea. I am just trying to hold myself together at this stage. I have coped with a lot of tough things in life but health worries and illness in myself and others have always been my achilles heel.

Hope all is going ok with the funeral arrangements and that headache eases up soon.

It really is very quiet here. It feels strange. I do hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Augustonians.

Darkling, I hope you get some positive results soon and your symptoms subside. This seems to have been dragging on for some time now.

Bekind, you really are holding up so well. I know just how trying extended family can be. Hopefully you can hold onto your peace

Katy, how is your bf doing?

Ayers, you okay???

All is well with me. Still nursing my back a bit but making it to the gym to workout. Other than my back, I am feeling really good. No anxiety as I am weaning off my meds. If all goes well, I might even think about going back to work full-time (cut back to part-time 3 years ago when anxiety/withdrawals where horrendous), but no rush in that department. I'll just enjoy were I am for now

I hope everyone else is doing well. Please check in. Thinking of you all!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Heya all, I hope my plea for more posters was taken in the spirit it was intended i.e. you are all loved and cherished.

I got in 45 min of exercise and feel better . . . not great but better.

Darkling, nausea sucks. Ugh! Barbs, back problems also suck; it is only slightly better than neck problems.

Katy, hope your honey is better.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi all, been reading posts, just so tired that I haven’t posted. Been working like crazy and over the weekend as well. Not off till Tuesday.

I hope those of you ailing are feeling better or will soon.

Check in tomorrow
Old 01-27-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Monday morning

Good morning all. Apologies for being a bit unsocial for a couple of days. Thanks for the callouts.

I have been on the site everyday though, reading. Spent a lot of time reading Newcomers’ section. I found it helpful to just remind myself that I am making inroads – reading the heartache and suffering of people wanting to quit or struggling with continuous relapses, while I am feeling a bit blah with where I am at now. It sharpened my gratitude again.

Darkling, I really hope you can get to the bottom of your medical situation. But in the meantime, what are you doing about the anxiety? Sorry to ask again, but are you on medication for that?

Katy and Bob, well done ! Katy, how is your BF doing?

Barbs, I wasn’t in the gym for a whole week ☹ ☹. But when I finish up writing here, I am putting on my gym clothes and going !!! It is one of those things that I know is good for me both physically and mentally although I must confess, it is not one of my favourite things in life. But something I have to do. Period.

Bee, when is the funeral? Thinking of you with all the arrangements and family dynamics going on between your sisters. And so, so well done on staying the course while all of this is happening – I am in awe!

Alice , Mike, DoubleDee, Zoey – how are you doing? Thinking of you.

Was watching some Animal planet stuff yesterday and it left me amazed at how animals survive with so little. Just their nest/burrow and finding food and a mate to procreate and keep the species going. No politics, amassing of “stuff”, bribery, murder, back stabbing. Rather trying to do what’s best for the herd/flock to ensure everyone’s survival. No self- harming ( ok, apart from Lemmings jumping off cliffs and whales beaching).

Yet, we humans , blessed with intellect , are on a total road of destruction, killing, bribing, conniving, amassing “things”, self-harming and not wishing the sun to shine on our fellow humans. Strange.

Rooting for all of you and hope you have a good, successful Monday that leaves you feeling great when you go to bed tonight. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-27-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Morning All

6:40am here, woke with an awful headache but I'm sure it'll pass soon.
My BF is home, he's ok now but they have asked him back for scans again in a few weeks to rule out gallstones. None were seen on the scan they did but they want them re done as it is strange that this flared up 2 moths after going sober.

I have my CBT therapy at 8:30am then working from home the rest of the day. Things are good but I did crave a drink last night, quite a strong craving, but I talked to my bf openly about it which helped ad eventually it passed. Day 66 today Im looking forward to being able to face a yoga class and other more social activities, think I'm a bit bored of not doing very much but it will come in time I'm sure.

My Dads laser op to remove the throat cancer is Wednesday, all his pre op bloods were perfect!!!! The doctor stressed how good they all were so that's a positive start Im going over to my parents Tuesday to spend a little time with my Dad before the op and taking a chicken stew with me to save them cooking when they get home Wednesday, something soft / easy for my dad to eat.

So difficult typing like this so I will post more personal replies after the new keyboard is fitted tomorrow morn

Have a good Monday

Peace and Love

xxxxxxxxx
Old 01-28-2019, 12:54 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for your Dad sunflower84

D
Old 01-28-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good to hear your boyfriend is on the mend Katy.

Be Kind hope you have a peaceful day. Thinking of you.

Great to see you Barbs, Ayers and Matrac.

Ayers, I am not on meds for anxiety. When the tests are over, if I get no relief I will ask the doctor for something. If they do find something....well I will definitely need meds then.

Strength to all.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good wishes for your dad, Katy. Thinking of you and family.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning and thanks for keeping the course all. Knowing you all are checking in even when not posting is good to hear. Also no guilt for not posting; absolutely do what you need to do to live your life and stay sober.

There is a beautiful snow storm today. It was nice to wake up to all the soft white drifting down.

I yet again dreamed of drinking. I simply forgot that I don't drink and drank a glass of wine. In the dream, I remembered Dee saying how, after so many years of not drinking, nothing would make him drink. This morning I'm having to untangle what has been reality and what was the dream. It is kind of lovely to realize it was just a dream.

I'm hoping to get some yoga in today. Also house cleaning and phone calls.

Just for today I will carry the torch to the best of my abilities. Carry on Agustonians!
Old 01-28-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Katy, best wishes to your Dad. Hope all goes well.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

^^ Dee has a way of getting through, doesn't he