Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 9

Old 01-20-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning all

6:30am, been awake since 5am, had a look out at the Blood Moon eclipse.
Now sat with coffee and SR.

Thanks for the advice Bonnie, I'll do that and also the title "The Art of Racing in the Rain" sounds interesting, I'll be looking it up after this post, so thanks again.

Zoey, hows the storm? Hope you're managing to keep warm and see it through.

Ayers, hope you're feeling ok this morning?

Bob, hope you're still recovering well and feeling brighter.

Well today I'm working and also I have my second CBT therapy session at 1pm, I think today we actually start on the therapy, last week, the 1st session was just building up a picture really of what's going on.
My BF has another interview, I'm hoping so much he gets something soon!

I need to print off some tickets too. My Mum and Dad are pretty quiet, they don't really go out anymore with my my Dad being ill (not the throat cancer, he has ongoing illness as a result from a very bad accident he had many years ago) and it's my Mums Birthday 14th Feb so I decided to cheer her up with everything thats going on I'd get us tickets to a play, she loves ballet so I have two tickets to watch Beauty and the Beast ballet at the theatre where I used to live.

My Dad is meant to hear from the hospital this week with a date for his laser surgery, I have a feeling it will be today but we shall see. The op date is going to be either for this week or next so I think that's good, the sooner the better.

So thats todays plan - working, therapy, printing the tickets and I'll fit a couple of walks in along the way too.

Again I feel a little better today, my moods are less tense and the ager seems to have subsided somewhat. I'm now taking the skullcap tincture, a vit B complex and L theanine amino acid capsules for mental focus and it's also calming. I find the combination of the 3 massively helps me. I'm not suggesting them for everyone I know we have to be careful about this and everyone is different but I'm just sharing the fact that I'm finding them very helpful

Wishing you all a Positive, Peaceful, Happy Monday!

xxxxxxxx
Old 01-21-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Thanks everyone! Just woke up and it’s 9 degrees outside.

Happy Monday!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Mike, so good to hear from you. Glad you're doing well

Katy, glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the show with your mom. I hear Beauty and the Beast is excellent.

Bekind, thinking of you, your mom and family. Prayers to you (((hugs)))

Bonnie, you sound like you have a handle on your emotions dealing with your mom's temporary visit. Hang in there.

Bob, so glad you went to the doctor and are feeling better

Ayers, for you're doing well. Thinking of you.

Zoey, another SUPERBOWL!!! GO PATS!!!

Super cold and icy here today. I skipped the gym this morning and snuggling with the puppies. I plan on heading into the office for a little bit later today.

Thinking of you all!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey all, its been a wee bit since I posted.

I’m near 178 days now. The most I’ve gone without drinking was the time previous to this when I went for about 220 days. I feel I’ll be able to go beyond it this time.

I’m sorry but I won’t be posting too much more in the future, apart from popping in now and again or if I hit a milestone. I’m just too busy and I spend all my time working on my computer so I’m trying to limit my screen time. I will do my best to check in and I check my private messages incase anyone wants to talk or needs advice. Perhaps I’ll be struggling in the future, if I am I’ll be right back on the forum.

Hope you all have a great sober week.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Monday evening

Supper’s done and dusted. Quiet time .

Everyone seems to be doing well, and that makes me smile ! 😊

Thanks Bonnie, I seem to be feeling myself again. Hope it lasts.

Had a verrrry uninteresting day. Didn’t go to gym My phone broke. Took out my old one and it lasted about an hour before it called it quits. Used son’s phone to let daughter and H know I’m unavailable. It was actually a lovely feeling – being unavailable with a valid excuse.
Decided it would be a great chance to work – uninterrupted. But the bookkeeping program I’m working on got a glitch – and I couldn’t call my auditor – no phone. SO ….

Sat on the couch crocheting ANOTHER blankie for the burns unit at the State hospital and watched rrrrriveting news (NOT) about the Zondo Commission of Inquiry – Statecapture and bribery – in our country.

Why I did that on the day I was starting to feel a little better, I will never know.

Hope you all are staying warm – sounds icy there.

And keep up the good work, I think we all deserve a pat on the back ?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-21-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

The doors always open doubledee

We're all different.
I don't really see SR the same as my other internet usage.

It's important to me to check in every day - not so much for me not drinking anymore as it is to help others - but its true reading around and posting definitely reminds me on a daily basis that I made the right choice

D
Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey all, just a quick check in. My mom passed away sometime between 10 and 10:30 this morning. It was peaceful and we are all gathering.

I may be in and out. Plans are changing by the hour.

Thanks for all the prayers.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry Bekind. You and your family will be in my prayers. I hope that you are doing OK and will post to let us know that you’re ok
Bonnie
Old 01-21-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for that, Bekind. My sympathy to you.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oh (((Beekind))), I am so so sorry to hear that. Even though you were expecting it , it is still jolting and hard to accept when it happens.

Look after yourself dear, and try and stay close if you can. How is your Dad taking this?

You and your family are in my thoughts and heart .

Love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-22-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear that Bekind, I hope you're ok.

Dee... thats a good point, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I won't be completely gone, just very busy at the moment.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

You and your family are in my thoughts, BeKind … be sure to be kind to yourself in the coming weeks!

Matrac, I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain. I read all the time, several books a week! It's my escape valve.

For those who asked, the storm dumped 24 inches and temps dipped to about -35F. It was so beautiful, but too cold to really go out and enjoy. I kept the fire going, and just enjoyed the quiet of the day.

Have a good sober Tuesday, all!
Old 01-22-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Bekind, so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. You are always taking care of others, make sure to take some time for yourself. (((Hugs)))
Old 01-22-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Bekind - Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Sending love and prayers.

All good this end but my laptop keyboard is broke... Post again properly once it's fixed.

Back soon xxx
Old 01-22-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So very sorry for your loss Be kind.
Take good care of yourself.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

BeKind-Sorry for your loss. Tough stuff, even when you know it's coming.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mum bekindalways.

Good to hear Doubledee

D
Old 01-22-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Bekind, thought of you a lot today and I am hoping that you’re holding up OK
Old 01-22-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Well, I dont want to jinx myself, but I think I have lined up a place for mom. I’ll feel even better once the paperwork is done, but it looks very good. It will be good to have some normalcy back in my life.

Today marks another milestone for me. I stopped drinking 6 months ago! I am forunate to have found this site...not sure I would have lasted on my own. I still find it a powerful tool for sobriety.

Off to my book before bed. Thank you all for every day of your support and words of wisdom and encouragement!

Bonnie
Old 01-22-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the thoughts.

Lots of meetings and phone calls. My mother was beloved by many so I'm continually anxious that I am not contacting people that I need to.

I don't know what others experiences are but Hospice here in the US has been super helpful. Every time we have been offered a minister or social worker, I have thought, "Why would we need that??" and then the person has been super helpful dealing with family and funeral issues.

My brother handed me a glass of wine last night and I gave it to my sister-in-law to drink. Did have a fleeting thought of drinking it just to be polite but didn't. Yep I do need to tell them but right now I'm just getting through the days.