Old 09-19-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

and from me bumblebee

D
Old 09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
Thank you willow and see for your advice and suggestions. And thanks all you guys for the birthday wishes.

Tomorrow I turn 38. I will also be 109 days sober. I’m confident I won’t drink... just feel like it might suck, like I am missing out on something. When I know I am not at all...

Goin our to dinner tonight with just hubby (no kids.) Looking forward to it. He knows I don’t drink... it will be enjoyable, and quiet.

Pizza and cake tomorrow.
I’ll be checking in...
Thanks again guys!
Old 09-20-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Bumblebee!!
Have a wonderful day ❤️
Old 09-24-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi junipers. Hope all is well with each of you.

My birthday was very nice. I’m a very lucky girl. Pizza, cake, out to dinner, pizza and cake again. I overate for sure. Got to blow out candles twice- both time I made the same wish. To be happy and sober the next year.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. Day 112 here. Doing pretty good and feeling pretty good.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee glad you enjoyed your birthday!
Old 09-26-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Bumblebee I’m sooo sorry I missed your Birthday! Here’s to a great year ahead for you! Been crazy busy, and I’ve lacked in checking in here with my Junipers and I’m sorry! I’ll be doing better with this! I am checking in on the 24 hour thread... as I was going back across my sober days I realized that I made a mistake on my sobriety date... So my apologies for that... grateful although feeling a bit blue today. This too shall pass! Much love to you all❤️
Old 09-26-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hope you’re feeling better today Minion ❤️
Old 09-27-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Willow💕! I am feeling better today! Working my inventory and boy has it got some stuff about me that I never before saw or ignored. It’s good to clean house so to speak! It’s down on paper and soon to shared and let go of so that I can live this new Sober life as it was designed for me to live! Have a great day Junipers! Much love 💕
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

That’s sounding really great Minion! ❤️ I need to do some work. I’ve been doing a yoga workshop and I’m going to my first counselling session today to start working through my own self ❤️
Old 10-03-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hello my fellow junipers. Hope all is well with you.

I’m on day 122. Still staying strong, although I’ve been in a blah mood lately. Not sure why, I have no reason to be sad or upset. In fact I am a very lucky girl living a pretty comfortable life. Just irritable and busy lately. Idk

Hope you guys are doing good. Tell me more about your yoga willow and self inventory minion! Sounds intriguing

Make it a good one!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 127 here (June 1 clean date). I am doing a 5th tomorrow and not looking forward to it. I have wronged and been wronged. And I have some resentments that could burn a small planet to it's core. I have resigned myself to doing things a bit differently this time...one is to complete the steps in their entirety, to the best of my ability.

Best to the others early in this, and to all who've not forgotten what it was like
Old 10-05-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Cord!! I hear ya! I’m doing my 5th step tomorrow also and sooo not looking forward to it either but I know it will be so freeing! My sponsor is amazing, so my hesitation is just me and my own concocted hesitations. I’ll be thinking of you! Onward we march, even though we are basically afraid of our own shadows! Together we are stronger! Let me know how you make out for sure! Much love 💕
Old 10-05-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Nice, Minion....right back atcha!
Old 10-05-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy 4 months Minion!!

Old 10-05-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes you guys

D
Old 10-06-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hope the 5th went well minion! Mine was good....fairly comprehensive and about an hour or so long. It served some serious positive emotional utility as well. Onward!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 125, I think.

Feeling better yesterday and today. I was in a pretty bad funk earlier this week.

Welcome cord! It is crazy to think we all had our last drink in June and it is October!!

Cord and minion- I am not really familiar with the steps. But it seems you are working hard with the 5th. Good job!

It is Saturday night, and I can hear my neighbors outside hanging out and drinking. Sometimes that is annoying or makes me envious. But tonight I feel at peace knowing I’m sober, will sleep well and wake up hang over free.

Enjoy your weekend😊
Old 10-07-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Day 125, I think.

Feeling better yesterday and today. I was in a pretty bad funk earlier this week.

Welcome cord! It is crazy to think we all had our last drink in June and it is October!!

Cord and minion- I am not really familiar with the steps. But it seems you are working hard with the 5th. Good job!

It is Saturday night, and I can hear my neighbors outside hanging out and drinking. Sometimes that is annoying or makes me envious. But tonight I feel at peace knowing I’m sober, will sleep well and wake up hang over free.

Enjoy your weekend😊
Thank you BB2. I am committed this time around to doing all 12 steps (as I can being true to core beliefs). I have never had any real, long term sobriety, so this time as necessity demands I am determined to do a few things differently....whatever it takes....message boards, meetings (AA/Smart Recovery/Therapy), etc. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and rootin for you, for real
Old 10-07-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi Junipers
I’m actually from the class of May, but I also joined the class of June to keep me motivated as I only had 2 weeks sober at the start of June and I was struggling.... so I really feel like I’m part of both classes

I shared this on the class of May but I wanted to share it with you guys too ❤️
So it’s nearly 7 weeks since my Mum passed away and 6 since Dad went, I still can scarcely believe they’re gone. I wonder if I will ever get used to them not being here. I’m thinking probably not ❤️ Mum died on my day 100 and to me that’s very significant, because she always worried about my drinking and I had secretly told myself that 100 days would be enough to make me quit drinking forever. I didn’t tell Mum that but I’m sure she must have somehow known, and stayed with me, holding my hand, to make sure I made it there.... She was always there for me, and I’m sure she’s still up above, watching over me and looking out for me ❤️

And I’m now on day 148. When I stopped drinking I didn’t know how long I would last. I had tried soooo many times to stop drinking over the years, all unsuccessfully. When I did manage to stop for more than a day or two, I’d still think I could control my drinking. So I’d have “just one or two “. So many times I did that. Every single time it led me right back to the same place. Drinking every day. Waking up with a hangover every day (some days much worse than others). Waking up feeling desperate, anxious, guilty, often wondering what I might have said or done, wondering if I’d offended anyone, wondering if I’d picked a fight with my partner. Determined not to drink again. Until about lunchtime... then by 4 or 5pm I’d convinced myself “just one or two to take the edge off and I’ll quit properly tomorrow “. Over and over, like a record on repeat, for years and years. Well no more. I’m nearly at 5 months and I’m not going to drink again. 35 years of my life were wasted with alcohol. So anytime the AV comes calling with it’s sweet seductive words of “just one or two lovely wines” I’m going to kick it’s butt to kingdom come.

So if you’re thinking about having “just one” then take off the rose-coloured glasses and play the tape forward in your mind to the hangovers, the mind fog, the headaches, feelings of dread and despair and guilt. The vicious cycle of drink, hangover, repeat. The wasted money, let alone wasted health. And say no to the AV, that little voice that promises you the buzz, it’s a liar and a thief, and it will rob you and leave you wounded lying in the gutter. Kick it’s butt

If you’re tempted to drink, come here to SR for support. There are so many wonderful people here, all in the same boat, trying to stay sober, one day at a time ❤️
Old 10-09-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi junipers! Day 128 here. My funk from last week is completely gone. I had some pretty strong urges last week too. I even had a bottle of whiskey in my hand, open, smelled it and considered it.

Willow- what you wrote about your mom and her being with you on your 100th day was beutiful. She is proud of you, I’m sure of that.

We’re your mom and dad still together? I ask because sometimes couples pass closely together in time... the second to pass is due to a broken heart. It happened with my grandparents.

I could never imagine the feelings and emotions you have gone through... and are still experiencing.

Thank you also for the vivid reminder of the horrors of drinking. It is so easy to forget, and think what’s the big deal?!!??! I can drink.

The fights, the blackout nights and confused mornings, the hangovers, shaking, hiding, sneaking, loss of appetite, no self worth... it is better now. Way better.. and that is a big deal.