Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 3

Old 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee glad the funk you were in has lifted I find telling myself they don’t last forever helps me endure them a bit easier
No Mum and Dad weren’t together but they were still good friends ❤️ Yeah it’s been a pretty rough ride lately, especially newly sober. But I’m glad I’ve remained sober throughout the experience. The pain is awful but at least I know it’s real and I don’t have the awful hangovers to contend with on top of emotional pain. The waves of grief are less often now but their intensity still bowls me over.

But today I realised I’m on day 150! Woohoo! That calls for a celebration of a lovely barrista coffee and a piece of chocolate cake methinks

Have a lovely day everyone ❤️
Old 10-14-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Junipers, are you still out there?
Old 10-14-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi there! Still here and doing pretty good.

Day 120 something.

Just feeling pretty busy with life, still unsure how I managed while drunk or hungover. A lot going on with my girls schedules - school, library, Girl Scouts, ballet, acrobats, soccer.. but my normal cooking, cleaning and laundry.

Went to a party last night. Only adult not drinking again. Sometimes is annoys me. I kinda did last night. But happy I wasn’t hung over today at the pumpkin patch. My husband was.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 10-18-2018, 12:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I hear you Bumblebee, seems like everyone else is drinking. Where are all the sober people in “real life”? I mean I know you guys are real (and awesome ) but when I go out everyone else is drinking alcohol and I’m the only one who’s not. It’s getting a bit old really... I’d rather not go out but I feel so antisocial if I keep saying no all the time.... and my partner wants to go sometimes. He has his own personal sober chauffeur all the time now... hmmm
Old 10-18-2018, 02:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

It got easier for me willow - it took a while (mainly cos I was out in the sticks til 2014) but I've found a lot of friends who drink normally (they LEAVE A GLASS HALF FULL ) or not at all...and I really don;t notice people drinking now unlike they;re obnoxious with it.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thanks D, hopefully I’ll get to not noticing too
I have one friend from work who doesn’t drink, which is nice
I guess I need to start moving in different circles... but I’ve been so busy sorting out everything after Mum and Dad’s passing that I haven’t had much time. Or inclination for that matter. I’m turning into a hermit, I’d rather stay home
Old 10-19-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
liking the new format of SR

day 139. Doing good... but I sooooo agree with being a hermit, willow.

My 20 year high school reunion is next week... open bar. Not going. I am not comfortable going and not drinking... there is too much awkwardness at a high school reunion. And I don’t want to be at day 1 again.

im not sure if I will regret this decision in a few years but I am happy with the decision today.

mood has been pretty good. Still over eating occasionally, but kinda slowed down.

overall all is good with me. Hope all is well with you guys!
Old 10-20-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I hear you Bumblebee! I have a reunion coming up and I’m not going either!
Too much around drinking lately and the AV has been loud. I need to lay low and regain some strength. Besides, I quite like being a hermit
Old 10-21-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Great job hanging in there Willow......keep ignoring that AV! Trust me, it's full of crap!
Old 10-21-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks Purps, it’s nuts hey, why do we even listen to it? We KNOW it’s full of crap but we still listen to it and it starts reeling us back in with its false stories. We have to keep the rose coloured glasses off and keep reminding ourselves it’s a liar...
Old 10-27-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi Junipers how’s everyone doing?
Old 10-27-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

doing good! Still having problems with over eating. I have gained 20 pounds

but on day 150!

Old 10-31-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on the milestone bumblebee

D
Old 11-01-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 150 days Bumblebee! That’s awesome!
I think it’s pretty common to overeat when we stop drinking.
Is there an exercise group you could join? I find that when I’m exercising I am more disciplined in my eating and I try to stock my fridge with loads if healthy nutritional snacks. I eat all the time, but try to choose non sugary stuff. Except on the weekends when I’m less busy and at home, I often succumb to sweet treats to keep the AV at bay
Old 11-01-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and willow!!

i do exercise every other day. Typically it is a 2 mile run and some ab work. I am not overweight.. but I am unhappy. And if I keep going at this eating pace- I will be overweight by day 300.

im grateful I am not drinking though. Sweets is def my problem.. and with Halloween candy it the house this month, it hasn’t been easy.

Thanks for the tips and inspiration willow. I did count my calories and run 4 miles today. Just got to stay on track.

i listened to a podcast today which I enjoyed too. It was called sobercast. SR helps you feel not as alone... but the podcast helped too.

sleep over party at my house on Saturday. 3 of my closest friends and kids. We have done this a few times.. and it is alway a reason for everyone to get wasted since no one has to drive home. Should be interesting.

have a good one!!!
Old 11-02-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

You can have your own fun nonalcoholic treats on Saturday night
My friends are still asking when I’m going to drink again... I keep saying I’m not. They don’t believe me. I ate a pile of biscuits and icecream tonight, yummy as I ate them but now I feel uggghh.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

How did the sleepover party go Bumblebee?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi willow and junipers.

Sleep over was great. It was myself and 3 close friends. One I’ve known since kindergarten, and one since 3rd grade. We had 5 kids crash in my living room with sleeping bags, it was cute.

We all like (like- for me) to drink different alcoholic beverages. So it was byob.

Within the first 5 minutes they asked what I was drinking?...... and I told them. I opened up and told them everything. I told them I don’t drink, why, the sneaking, the secrets and the lies. It felt scary but great.

They were shocked, had no clue. They were supportive,loving and concerned.

They left in the morning. 8 beers in my fridge left behind... and for a minute, I thought about drinking them. No one would even know. Get drunk for fun, just one more time, your tolerance will be so low now- SHUT UP AV!

I have started listening to some sober podcasts. I have been enjoying them... anyone else do this?

Day 155 today. My daughter has been up all night, sick. So I’m def tired.

It is 5:50 am and the house is quiet for the moment. Gonna try to get some rest.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

That’s great Bumblebee and well done on telling the AV to shut up in the morning. That’s the sort of thing my AV says to me too! The “go on, it will be really easy and cheap to get drunk now”. And the mornings too. Sometimes when I’m home alone in the morning it says go on, nobody will know (often lately since I finished work and am still working on my new work plans for the future). Ha! As if, AV! I will be stumbling around reeking of alcohol by the time my partner gets home and you reckon nobody will know???? What a load of bollocks, I will spend the rest of the evening trying unsuccessfully to pretend I’m sober, hiding and sneaking more drinks, slurring and staggering, the house will be a tip, there’ll be no dinner on the table tonight and I’ll breathe reeking alcohol fumes in the bedroom all night and wake up with a horrendous hangover feeling like utter desolate crap. And the guilt! Oh the awful guilty feeling. Nope, nobody will know AV. Ha! Lying evil AV, not on your life AV