Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 3

Old 08-14-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2018 Part 3

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html (Class of June 2018 Part 2)

D
Old 08-14-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool, new thread, thanks Dee
Old 08-14-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow we made it to a new thread!! Good Morning Junipers!! 🤗😃
Hope today is a great day! Much 💕
Old 08-14-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm back. Had an interesting vacation with family. Lots of drinking around the campfire (by others). I must admit I had to surf a few cravings, but overall it was quite enjoyable and manageable. My favorite parts: 1) watching the conversation deteriorate through the night 2) no hangover in the morning. Very interesting indeed.

I'll catch up later, but it looks like congratulations are in order for 90+ days for Willow. Great Job. Working through Day 75 here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi junipers!

Way to go Wolfie! Camping, campfires and drinking always seemed to go together for me too. I’ve been around several camp fires since quitting - it is manageable and enjoyable.

Finishing up day 72.
Today was my 8 year wedding anniversary. We went out to dinner with the kids too. It was nice. Hubby ordered jack n coke. I ordered water... and cake!

See ya tomorrow.
Have a good ☝️
Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Day 78 here!

Congrats junipers!!!
Old 08-14-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You guys are doing so awesome!

I'm way behind you all but still hanging in there....Day 10 coming to a close so I'm finally back to double digits.....weekends have been the challenge. I may check out OA meetings 'cause it seems as if I substitute one addiction with another....I'm gaining weight from eating crap food & not exercising! I guess sobriety needs to come first in order for everything else to be improved.

Thanks Dee for the new thread!
Old 08-15-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 10 Purps - and congrats to all you guys on your milestones

D
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Wolfie
Congratulations everyone on being sober!
Well done on making it the the weekend Purps! Great job
Love to everyone, I’m off to bed, night night ❤️
Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’ve had a couple of very flat mood days and I’m thinking maybe it’s been from too much sugar, because while I had an old wine-loving friend staying I drank grape juice both nights while she drank wine. It’s something I keep on hand in the fridge for moments of temptation when I feel the AV up to it’s tricks. Mostly I drink tea or other sugar-free drinks, but the grape juice is higher in sugar. I didn’t have any yesterday and feel a bit better today. Will see how I am tomorrow after another low sugar day.... it’s interesting finding all this out, I used to drown everything in wine so all my feelings were drenched in alcohol... I’m going to try again to sleep now
Old 08-15-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope tomorrows a better day for you Willow

D
Old 08-15-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job on 10 days Purps. Get through a sequence of weekends and you will be on your way. You are right that sobriety must come first. When I encounter a tough craving (or day), I do anything and everything to get past it. Exercise, eat crap food, visit SR, drink a Coke, nap, have a snack, meditate, keep busy (or all of the above). Keep plugging away. We're all rooting for you. Thank you for lending so much encouragement.

I had a chance to catch up and see a lot of 70 day and overs. That is so awesome. I see a newcomer in Free coming up on 80. Excellent. Strength in numbers. It helps me a great deal to share the experiences, good, bad and indifferent, that this new road in life is bringing.

I had a new experience yesterday as I filled out a form at the Dr's office and came across "Do you drink alcohol?". I checked the NO box as a smile crept onto my face. Simple pleasures.

Have a great day everyone and thanks. I sure missed checking in on the Junipers last week.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning my junipers! 7:34 am. Day 74.

I have some new leggings and makeup arriving in the mail tomorrow for my day 75 reward 😊

Wolfie- that is rewarding that you got to check the ‘no’ box. I haven’t had that experience yet, but I def have checked ‘yes’ many times and proceeded to lie about the amount consumed.

Purps- oh the overeating. I feel ya! I am lucky enough to have 2 vacations in a month... and I ate terrible. Some days at home I’ve done okay, and the other days I do awful. Especially at night- last night was baaaaaaad. 6 Oreos, 4 nutter butters, cheese, cheese and more cheese, fruit roll up and gummies. Gross.

I am going to work out today for sure, and focus on eating healthy!

Have a great day guys... and make it one more ☝️
Old 08-16-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Junipers!! Glad to see everyone still plugging away! Way to go Wolfie with the NO’s! Pretty cool to be able to place a check on those victory boxes! Bumblebee2, I hear you with the eating choices, trying to make good choices here also, and it’s sooo hard. I seem to pick crap to comfort the stuff going on in my day, but yesterday I began tracking my food in weight watchers! I set a goal of 5lbs down. I started in January and even before getting sober managed to loose 22lbs... then a road block for most of the summer. Maintained most of the time but in the last 2 weeks gained a couple lbs. so back at it... cutting out the crap-chips, cheese(&#128149, gummy anything, fries, breads etc. I’m hangry this morning but I shall track again cause I’m another day or so the sugar angries will disappear and things will look up!
Willow! Hope you’re feeling happier today! Together we are stronger!
Have a great day everyone!! 24 more... 72 in play. 💕
Old 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven’t been posting, my Mum’s really sick in hospital with pneumonia, I’ve been mostly with her, or trying to catch a little sleep, I’ll catch up with you all sometime when I feel less overwhelmed, much love and support to everyone ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-17-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued best wishes for you and your mum Willow.

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones today

D
Old 08-17-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello junipers. Day 75. 10:24 am.

Minion- way to go on the 22lb loss! That is impressive. Don’t sweat over a couple pounds, you can def lose them again... it sounds like you have the right tools.

I have gained about 13 pounds since quitting. But the truth is I was very underweight due to barely eating while drinking. So my weight (125 lbs currently) is pretty normal for my body type now.

Willow- my thoughts and prayers are with ya and you mom. Was your dad recently sick too? I might be wrong- I get usernames/personal stories confused.

My mood is way better again. I’m feeling like it dips right before my time of the month. So maybe it is just PMS.. and maybe I’ve always experienced it, and never realized cause I was drinking- and didn’t experience or notice much in terms of emotions/identifying feelings.

It is always very possible I am experiencing PAWS to. But glad my mood is up again.

Night yinz
Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Junipers....made it home safe on Friday night to close out Day 13....lots of relaxing/de-stressing to look forward to this weekend

Hugs to you and you family, Willow
Old 08-17-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks D
Yes Bumblebee, Dad’s really sick too, sadly he has cancer. We just went to visit my Dad a couple of weekends ago and now Mum is sick with pneumonia. I’m still in the hospital and she’s been sleeping which is good x
Old 08-18-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello Junipers....made it home safe on Friday night to close out Day 13....lots of relaxing/de-stressing to look forward to this weekend

Hugs to you and you family, Willow
Thanks Purps ❤️ And well done on day 13!