Took me ages to find this
****😂🤣
Hugs
Cara xxxx
Old 08-04-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad you've joined us MamaKlaus and Sweetpeacan

Suzy if you're going to use old memories and things to keep you on the straight and narrow I think it's important to acknowledge that you're trying to grow and while we acknowledge the past. it has no claim on who you're becoming.

Shame is one of addictions weapons...don't let it be used against you and your plans for the future

D
Thanks, Dee. "It has no claim on who you're becoming." Very well said. I love that. I think that is where I finally got to yesterday.

I was struggling for a while there yesterday and literally covering my face in shame like a child. My husband asked what I was doing. I shared with him which I would never have done both while I was drinking and even some of my short dry stints in the past. Telling him how stupid I felt, without rehashing all the reasons why, sort of felt like a release. Saying it out loud amounted to, I fee l stupid because I have done stupid things, but I won't do them again. As a mother, I could see that I would embrace my children if they felt that way, why not me?

So, I let go. Dee, I almost felt like the memories and words etc. are so used to thriving in the dark that saying it out loud and shining a light on it took some power away from things. I also realize for anyone in AA or who has shared on here, perhaps this is obvious. But it was a good lesson to learn and glad he is so supportive.

Casey, I am so sorry about your kindle! You seem to be rolling with it and somewhat seeing the irony of dropping it sober. I love baths (they are my secret weapon during the witching hour) and love reading, but can never seem to combine the two.

Sorry I am still getting the hang of keeping track of everything I read etc. on a phone, so I am reading very carefully and am grateful for everyone in this class even if i am not responding individually. Thanks for the support!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Oh no thats must be so annoying . Great news you didn't drink over it. I feel clumsy and awkward at times. Maybe it's the brain re.adjusting.
I was thinking about this last night. I've been dropping everything and tripping and bumping into door frames. I'm way clumsier sober. 😂
Old 08-04-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 4. Quick check-in as I have to be at work 1.5 hours earlier than normal.

Welcome doubledee and Caralara144!

I will not take that first drink today. No matter what.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 4. Quick check-in as I have to be at work 1.5 hours earlier than normal.

Welcome doubledee and Caralara144!

I will not take that first drink today. No matter what.
Oh, yes! Me, too CaseyW. Meant to say that every day. I will not drink today. Good luck at work!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Suzey - we attribute blame and shame on ourselves to an extent that we would never do to other people.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

CaseyW...sorry to hear about the loss of your kindle but to you an everyone else who is off the drink just think of how much money you will save! Myself included...I can’t wait to spend the booze money I was hiding from my wife on fun things to do with her and the kids!

Woke up today feeling groggy in day 4 but got the most sleep (4.5 hrs straight, then another 2 hrs after lying awake for a while). No weirdo dreams that I can recall.

I already have anxiety and the caffeine I drank yesterday made it 100 times worse so I’m searching for an alternative to help get me up and moving. Any tips?

Good luck today!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

JimRat - try Red Bush Tea with a splash of milk. It’s very similar to normal tea but it’s not a diuretic, so you won’t be disturbing already broken sleep with the need to pass urine.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Hope your exercise is going well today Tony.

I've switched to Decaf Jimrat as I love the taste of coffee but the caffeine doesn't like me. it's going well so far.

Hope your day at work goes well Casey.

That sounds very helpful Suzes. I hope you feel clearer and easier for speaking out like you did.

Oh I'm the same Lipstuck - eveyrthing feels just a bit odd and I feel slightly slow.

Despite that I feel full of energy and productive. I've done so much today and some pretty physical stuff too. until 3 months ago I was on HRT which I've been on for 4 years. Since stopping it I really feel more alive and functional. Now quitting drinking too I feel even more alive and energetic rather than the sluggish mess I'd become. I've lost 2 pounds too which is a bonus and much needed.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening,
Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi folks... I'm into day 8... persistent headache is still persistent. 3 days now.

Going to go to the doctor if it doesn't stop soon.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Hi folks... I'm into day 8... persistent headache is still persistent. 3 days now.

Sorry to hear that. I'm drinking litres and litres of water which helped my headache I think. Seeing your doctor is a great idea
Old 08-04-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Tired mentally and physically tonight . Tired is an understatement strenth to all.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Tired mentally and physically tonight . Tired is an understatement strenth to all.
Hope you get a good night's sleep strawberry.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I am really struggling today, day 5 so I thought I would join this group. I see some familiar names from my last class, December 2017.

I'm so tired and anxious and my head hurts. AV keeps telling me that a drink would take the edge off. Drinking is what got me in this mess....just want it to stop!
Old 08-04-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbs View Post
Hi everyone. I am really struggling today, day 5 so I thought I would join this group. I see some familiar names from my last class, December 2017.

I'm so tired and anxious and my head hurts. AV keeps telling me that a drink would take the edge off. Drinking is what got me in this mess....just want it to stop!
Welcome to the August group Barbs. I am just on day 6. I am struggling still with waves of restlessness/agitation. Those feelings make me want to drink.....but we both know that just starts it up all over again. Lets get through this.....the feelings will pass and tomorrow we will be so glad to awake sober.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forester View Post

Thats really tough Forester. I get tension headaches that don't really respond to painkillers. Usually have tight muscles around the shoulders as well. Heat packs and epsom salt baths can also help if tension is the cause.
Hope you get some relief soon.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'd like to join. Another day one here. Feeling blah and angry at myself
Old 08-04-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to barbs and Lila125!

Work is done but now I have to fix a flat tire. Glad I'm not doing this hungover today.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lila125 View Post
I'd like to join. Another day one here. Feeling blah and angry at myself
Welcome Lila.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Kindle

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Awful quiet in here tonight. Hope everyone is doing OK and can check in soon. I'm going to bed now. Kindle drowning or not, it's been a nice day off. Grateful to be going to bed sober and I'll be even more grateful when I have to be up early tomorrow morning for work to wake up hangover- and guilt-free. Thanks to all of you for helping me stay sober today.
Try putting kindle in rice to dry out